hulika

Author Topic: swed guitarist living in Antipolo  (Read 2444 times)

Offline auditsq

• Netizen Level
swed guitarist living in Antipolo
« on: June 18, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
Hello po

just want give short nfo on me, i'm an old guy..    :lol:  ..56  ..I played since I was 15,  during the seventies I was heavy in to Blues rock ala Point Blanc...  ( search Rusty Burns on youtube ..one of the greatest players ever... then I went the usual path...  getting in to fusion..  Al DiMeola, Holdsworth... and I stayed there until one day in 87 I read about a guy called Joe Satriani in Guitar Player and I got Surfing with the Alien...that changed my life, since then I been a devotee..    :wave: ..he made me understand there's no shortcut .. u have to commit yourself and if u have the passion for music the commitment is easy...so how on earth did I end up in Antipolo...  yes.. ofcourse ..Phillipina..  I met the love of my love here... so now I'm properly married in St Therese church and also I converted from Protestant to Catholic faith cause I want to share my wife's tradition... so I still work as Sysadmin for an IT department in Sweden but I go here every 3 or 4  month as soon my overtime hours can be converted to vacation.. and I will retire here in 4 years.. so I hope I will meet some nice fellow guitarists here in this nice forum..gonna go to StMesa on Saturday to visit Guitar Hospital and get the neck refretted on my Fender Talon II....
nowadays I only play in my home studio ( Presonus studio one 2 Pro ) environment...  also since long time back I only use Virtual Amps...  Amplitube 3.5, Grig 5 and Overloud TH2...  yea I know..there are people who say they don't sound true to the original... I don't give a f***  I still get better sound with them when recording than any other setup I've had... I think most people just try the presets and don't spend the  time needed to do the needed tweaks so u get your sound right...out of the box they do sound a bit daft....and it is quite time consuming to try all microphones in all positions, all cabinets with all amps... :cry:  .. ohh my God ..this become a novel    :lol:   rock on my fellow musicians 

Offline lennon12

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: swed guitarist living in Antipolo
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »

ey sir...

welcome to PhilMusic..

you'll enjoy your stay in here...  :-D

and yeah.. Rock on
an eye for an eye

will make us all blind

Offline siopao69

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »
welcome.
make friends!

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 11:46:25 AM »
welcome to the boards sir!  :wave:
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 11:51:31 AM »
Welcome to Philmusic!  ^-^
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline auditsq

• Netizen Level
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »
thx alot for a warm welcome, Saturday will be St Mesa day.. :) ...first time in that area, I drove past in jan and started drooling over all the guitarshops there....

Irene laughed like crazy cause I get all xited over some guit shops...  so guys...where do u go to listen to good guitar rock in Manila...  ?

Offline lennon12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
thx alot for a warm welcome, Saturday will be St Mesa day.. :) ...first time in that area, I drove past in jan and started drooling over all the guitarshops there....

Irene laughed like crazy cause I get all xited over some guit shops...  so guys...where do u go to listen to good guitar rock in Manila...  ?

ey sir...

those store's in sta.mesa where just knock-off guitars..

if your goin there to buy, that is not a good place  :-D

try this one sir..

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=294961.0

the one's who will play there are Good and Great Guitarist here in Manila  :-D
an eye for an eye

will make us all blind

Offline auditsq

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »
salaamat po... for good advice... well i'm ok in the guitar area... no need to buy any guitar..   :-D   main axe nowadays is a Ibanez JS 1200... silver surfer ... Gibson VOS Les Paul Goldtop 57 .. I like it a lot and it sounds just scary but a weight at 5.5 kilos it is a bit heavy..never found a 57 VOS that is this heavy and that sounds so mean..but u know the 57 neck is not the most easy played neck in the world  :lol: but what it brings to the sound is crusial... I doin a restoration of a trusty old Fender Heartfield Talon II here now... so I will leave the neck at Guitar Hospital for a refret job on sat.   that is my only remaining whammy bar guitar... I was actually thinking of make it a hard tail but I think I just keep it like it is... ..it has same DiMarzio's as the JS models,same pot electronics.. It currently has a Hipshot tremsetter but I think there are some new inventions that do that work a lot better so see what I do about that.....

ohh  I checked your link.... wow  guitar battle... Makati area.. right ? of course I will be there...  :)  thx soo much for that link.....   Irene is asking from the shop why im so exited now   ...hehehe...  salaamat po lennon for being so friendly  :)

Offline lennon12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »
salaamat po... for good advice... well i'm ok in the guitar area... no need to buy any guitar..   :-D   main axe nowadays is a Ibanez JS 1200... silver surfer ... Gibson VOS Les Paul Goldtop 57 .. I like it a lot and it sounds just scary but a weight at 5.5 kilos it is a bit heavy..never found a 57 VOS that is this heavy and that sounds so mean..but u know the 57 neck is not the most easy played neck in the world  :lol: but what it brings to the sound is crusial... I doin a restoration of a trusty old Fender Heartfield Talon II here now... so I will leave the neck at Guitar Hospital for a refret job on sat.   that is my only remaining whammy bar guitar... I was actually thinking of make it a hard tail but I think I just keep it like it is... ..it has same DiMarzio's as the JS models,same pot electronics.. It currently has a Hipshot tremsetter but I think there are some new inventions that do that work a lot better so see what I do about that.....

ohh  I checked your link.... wow  guitar battle... Makati area.. right ? of course I will be there...  :)  thx soo much for that link.....   Irene is asking from the shop why im so exited now   ...hehehe...  salaamat po lennon for being so friendly  :)

your welcome sir...

we here at PhilMusic are happy you join in this forum..

enjoy your music journey...

by the way, if your from Antipolo, im from Taytay, a town near your place  :-D
an eye for an eye

will make us all blind

Offline auditsq

• Netizen Level
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
Lennon 12... wow that sounds great that u live close...  would be real great to meet..   I stay until 12july this time ...  are you going to attend the guitarbattle?.. we will be there..  hope to see u there... would be cool if you could lay a couple of tracks on some of my songs   :-D

Offline dahliamachinima

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »
welcome aboard sir,  and then you found the right place for us musicians.
"it's all about  passion, not position"

Offline auditsq

• Netizen Level
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 07:03:08 PM »
thx for making me feel very at home the first day   :)

Offline dahliamachinima

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 07:09:29 PM »
We're just neighboor sir . Im just from Marikina. Explore more here in Philmusic sir. People here are so kind and friendly.

Offline lennon12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 06:57:36 AM »
Lennon 12... wow that sounds great that u live close...  would be real great to meet..   I stay until 12july this time ...  are you going to attend the guitarbattle?.. we will be there..  hope to see u there... would be cool if you could lay a couple of tracks on some of my songs   :-D

hey sir...

not sure if i can watch the guitar battle, though that gig would be written in history...  :-(

lay couple of tracks at your songs? wow that would be great  :wave:

would that be home recording?
an eye for an eye

will make us all blind

Offline auditsq

• Netizen Level
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 08:44:18 AM »
hi there po

yea it would be homerecording, soo.. i'm curios ... what kind of music is your flavor and what's your preferred guitar style? yea i'm really xited  to watch that gig...how do they do it...  I mean the format...  improvise without backing track against each other .. and are the players to battle players in same kind of style.. u know .. shredders against shredders,,, blues players against blues players..tappers aginst tappers...   :-P

Offline lennon12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 08:49:39 AM »

im not that good guitarist but i look up for george harrison and john lennon style of playing...

more on the Beatles...  :-D

I can play rhythm to your song's, if you want to  :-D

on that guitar battle, i think there will be a backing band to each player,
i just dont know if its style versus style..
an eye for an eye

will make us all blind

Offline dahliamachinima

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:18:31 AM »
hey, i can be your bassist if you want.

Offline auditsq

• Netizen Level
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 07:49:56 AM »
wow...that would be so cool...  you live here in Manila?  you know I used to just play the bass tracks on keyboard but I now I play them on a real bass, but since I suck on bass  :) it would be great to have a real player do that...  soo you like Satriani kind of stuff  ? :)

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 05:06:03 AM »
Hi sir, welcome.. Cool satch fan! Where in antipolo do you live sir?( if you dont mind.. :-D)
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 02:22:40 AM »
Välkommen sir! (thanks google translate lol)  :)
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

-2 Corinthians 5:17