hulika

Author Topic: DILEMMA... inputs/comments highly appreciated  (Read 883 times)

Offline kokok

• Netizen Level
DILEMMA... inputs/comments highly appreciated
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
Hi guys,

im in a bit of dilemma here.

Currently, i have two drum kits, an e-drum and an acoustic one. im thinking of selling one of them to fund an immediate non-music related need.

but the thing is, i love both of them to death. the e-drums is a dream come true since i've wanted one for such a long time. its very useful in the sense that i can use it until the wee hours of the morning without causing the slightest disturbance to my surrounding (e.g., pesky neighbors).

My acoustic set on the otherhand, i have had that since i was in highschool so it has that "sentimental" attachment to me. This is currently being restored at the moment (re-wrapped, powdercoat...etc.). i'd also hate to see this go because playing on an acoustic set just feels more "real" than on an e-drums. besides, it would be looking like new again in a couple of weeks since i've had it restored.

my question is, which one do i keep and why? Currently, im working my @$s off so that i could fund the said need without having to sacrifice one of my beloved kits. But if the time comes and i would need to sell one, i would just like to have your ideas, comments, suggestions...etc. on which one to let go and why.

thanks and best regards,
kokok

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: DILEMMA... inputs/comments highly appreciated
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
keep both  :-D

may papadala kong pics mamaya

Offline kokok

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:41:08 PM »
NAKOW! lalo na ko nahirapan magdecide nyan sir! hehehehehehe

well, thats the main plan/goal talaga...keep both. but should the time come that i need to let go one of them, it would be best if i get the comments/suggestions of our fellow drummers here.  :-)

Thanks and best regards sir. Cant wait to see ung restoration project nyo sir.  :-D

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 03:15:57 AM »
NAKOW! lalo na ko nahirapan magdecide nyan sir! hehehehehehe

well, thats the main plan/goal talaga...keep both. but should the time come that i need to let go one of them, it would be best if i get the comments/suggestions of our fellow drummers here.  :-)

Thanks and best regards sir. Cant wait to see ung restoration project nyo sir.  :-D

mag-loan ka na lang! i have the same dilemma dude.. if you're willing to work your *** off din naman without wanting to sacrifice your gears, work for the money na lang to eventually repay your loan debt! :wink:

Offline kokok

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
hmmm... loan... pwede.... hehehehehe.  :-D kaso madami na loan as is, ahahahahaha!  :-D

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  :-)

anyone else?  :-)

Offline drummaniac

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 09:29:32 AM »
bro cymbals na lang muna ang ibenta mo, para kahit papano may pang dagdag ka at konti na lang yung ipupundar mo. Mabilis lang naman palitan ang cymbals, not like sa drumkit