hulika

Author Topic: Manila Philharmonic Orchestra  (Read 3827 times)

Offline J.Dennis

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Manila Philharmonic Orchestra
« on: January 22, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »
I was very lucky to be invited to one of this famous orchestra's (MPO) rare charity concerts and the best part was, they did another short concert exclusively for me and my buddies and we went on stage and took shots while they were playing. It was quite an experience. Here are some samples::)

Thanks.

Offline J.Dennis

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Manila Philharmonic Orchestra
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:04:12 PM »

Wow! 34 views and not a single comment. Looks like there's not much fan of live orchestra photography here. :)

JDennis

Offline kaffee

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 06:57:18 PM »
I think these are excellent photos. I have to say you have done a good service to the orchestra scene as there are very few orchestra pictures availalble for viewing (considering that there are just a handful orchestras to start with.)
Thanks!

Offline Aborks

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 11:19:34 PM »

Wow! 34 views and not a single comment. Looks like there's not much fan of live orchestra photography here. :)

JDennis

Well, you can count me in as a fan sir! Not as much of live orchestra photography but more of LIVE ORCHESTRA IN ACTION! Kaya lang meron kasing image yung orchestra na pang elite lang eh. Pero I have my share of Beethoven, Vivaldi, Mozard, Tsaichovski, and Bach CDs to listen to after getting chunk of In Flames and Lamb of God. Hehehe!

Sana may mag post din ng schedule ng orchestra gigs or better yet yung affordable na conservatory of music schools. Seriously, classical music is something that I really want to do if I only have the time and budget... I'll make way for this someday.

Offline J.Dennis

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 11:29:44 PM »

JDennis

Well, you can count me in as a fan sir! Not as much of live orchestra photography but more of LIVE ORCHESTRA IN ACTION! Kaya lang meron kasing image yung orchestra na pang elite lang eh. Pero I have my share of Beethoven, Vivaldi, Mozard, Tsaichovski, and Bach CDs to listen to after getting chunk of In Flames and Lamb of God. Hehehe!

Sana may mag post din ng schedule ng orchestra gigs or better yet yung affordable na conservatory of music schools. Seriously, classical music is something that I really want to do if I only have the time and budget... I'll make way for this someday.

Well, I've got bad news. San Miguel Corporation just disbanded the San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra. Now we only have Manila Philharmonic Orchestra and the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra to look forward to. I guess San Miguel now has a different priority. They would rather spend millions of pesos on boxers and coaches to do a 30 second ad for them and support four pro basketball teams rather than an orchestra.  :?

JDennis

Offline Aborks

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »
Kalungkot naman!

Offline uno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:35:26 PM »
excellent photos, except for no.3 may bloopers. :-)

Offline J.Dennis

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 07:54:34 PM »
excellent photos, except for no.3 may bloopers. :-)

Dang! You noticed! Good eye! hehehe
Can't clone the freakin' guy out so I just left it as it is :)

JDennis

Offline kaffee

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »
Well, I've got bad news. San Miguel Corporation just disbanded the San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra. Now we only have Manila Philharmonic Orchestra and the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra to look forward to. I guess San Miguel now has a different priority. They would rather spend millions of pesos on boxers and coaches to do a 30 second ad for them and support four pro basketball teams rather than an orchestra.  :?

JDennis
That's right. :-( Check out a reprint of Pablo Tariman's PDI article here

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 08:05:44 AM »
nice shoot j.dennis

Offline jingo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 03:02:41 PM »
no flash, just great!

Offline poetic_tragedy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »
yan ang gusto kong matutunan...ang hindi gumamit ng flash. :-)

ang ganda ng shots! more power sir!
Who should be blame when a leaf fell from a tree?...
Is it the wind that blew it away?
Or the tree that let it go? Or is it the leaf itself which never held tight?  *Mabuhay ang LOLATECHS 2007* "LOLA mo, LOLA ko...LOLA nating lahat!" - Boy Chillax

Offline Jayson77

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 03:23:20 PM »
Questions lang po, newbie lang me e.
What is your ISO setting?
Apperture of your lense (lense mm din po na ginamit).
What lense did you use?
Filters?
Camera?
Shutter speed?

Thanks po sir, Hehehehe, lahat na tinanong ko. Pasensya na po. :-D
I like your work, very nice contrast. Na adjust mo din ba yan sa Photoshop?
J&J Virgo Sales Corp. Silkscreen Printing Inks and Supplies