hulika

Author Topic: WORKING ON PIMP RECORDS's COMPILATION CD  (Read 1380 times)

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
WORKING ON PIMP RECORDS's COMPILATION CD
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
As a hobbyist/pseudo mastering sound engineer working on the compilation album, here are my thoughts on the songs as i listened to them. here is a partial list of the songs.. i will try to recollect my thoughts and feelings on all of the songs  as i go through it again since each time i listen to them, it elicits a different emotion  :cry: :lol: :-D :wink:
1. Bukas - the tracking and mixing done by Starfugger was definitely good.. i would recommend her to any band or anyone trying to do an album.. as to the band, they sound good and the lyrics was playful at times but not corny. very musical and easy on the ears. i can only wish i could write songs like these, full of positive vibes. the band sound tight too. one of my faves on the album
2. Malayo - here the singer sounds like Bamboo ( :?  i may be wrong since i only listened to Bamboo's voice a few times ) not in a negative way but he gets the job done and in a nice way too. listening to the lyrics actually makes one think of the God/ Devil role in our lives and the composer's catchy lyrics gives comfort to our aching souls - "ang langit sa mundo, ay di pa rin malayo".. and something like .."kaibigan , tinatawag kita, bitawan ang pasan at ituwid mo ang daan.. sorry if i didnt get it right.. my ear and my memory is working full time  :wink:.. also a favorite
3. Kursonada - the vocalist just rocks!!! i like that growl.. the drummer seems like he was enjoying the session and you can feel the energy emanating from the sticks  :-D... the lyrics which was meant to be funny, adds another facet on the character of the song, on the quest for love and the failure in trying to get it, optimism is evident --" maghahanap na lang ng iba"  :cry:... jeez, been in that situation before  8-)
4. Straight Six-  at first i thought...OMG..another antichrist song, i was misled by the title of the song duh! .. :x  but after listening to the whole song, then i realized it was something else.. :-D... the upright bass ( bajo de arko as my friend Jep calls it) caught my attention and i said to myself..#*@$ they use that now in a rock song??? but hey anything is possible nowadays... the voice reminds me of a ....jeans commercial or a car commercial???
5. Before and After... following in the steps of Kursonada, a funny song and a
delightful one.. very catchy lyrics.. i can see this song played in a movie ( o plugging fee ko ha? pambili ng plug ins  :-D
6. When will you be mine... a song yearning for reciprocation... sure the singer will get it in due time.. the vocalist has enough convincing powers to do it  :wink: , he also gets enough help after the lead guitarist unleashes his arsenal of riffs and melodic phrases.. the licks is done tasetefully and helps the song.
That's it for now and guys, i forgot which band did what song  :-D.. next time, i might include the band's name... coming up - Sanctus.. i heard the guitarist was a female..let me check on that.. :wink:
Music is art in sound...

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: WORKING ON PIMP RECORDS's COMPILATION CD
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:50:52 AM »
tomorrow i will be working OT on the remaining tracks and i hope i can finish it before my flight.. :cry:.. i hate deadlines  :wink: but i just hope i work well under pressure..
Music is art in sound...

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: WORKING ON PIMP RECORDS's COMPILATION CD
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 02:09:56 PM »
I finally finished the album ( i hope) 12 songs but  BAMF's song didn't make it because the vocals were missing in the mix. also ONT's added song to the album, otherwise it won't be called pimp's 12 chronicles. Sanctus was the last band that i have worked on..indeed a challenge to my newbie ears/ talent.. i guess there is no point in writing about my thoughts on each song, for lack of interest of the organization on the whole album.. good luck to those who will have a chance to listen to it... as i said in the soft launch.. "this is a labor of love" ..
Music is art in sound...