hulika

Author Topic: what is the best overdrive pedal you heard?  (Read 143995 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: what is the best overdrive pedal you heard?
« Reply #775 on: November 26, 2014, 11:08:57 AM »

after years of trying and playing with different types of OD pedals, in the end, sa DanElectro TOD V1 pa rin ako. iba lang talaga yung nagagawa. This comment of mine is based on my hunt for the JM Tone. Hot but not too colored. :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline monsterbot

« Reply #776 on: November 26, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »
after so many ods that i have use, I think i'm gonna stick to fulldrive 2.

Offline musicdigitalsounds

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #777 on: November 26, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
Ts808 8-)
Philmusicus Addictus / Lester William Polsfuss

Offline edjohn01

« Reply #778 on: November 28, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
Timmy and Fulldrive2  :-D

ok din yung original na Marshall blues breaker MK1. Sana magkaroon ako  :-)

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #779 on: December 01, 2014, 01:51:22 AM »
ts9

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #780 on: December 06, 2014, 10:02:12 AM »
Open Road by Visual Sound.

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #781 on: December 06, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »
SD-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #782 on: December 06, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »
SD-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #783 on: December 08, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
There are so many great-sounding OD pedals that it has become financially impossible to get to try them all out, much less own them. For sure, there will be more nice new pedals in the coming years.

I've become less and less curious how they sound and compare. Best one can do is have several to match with whichever guitar and/or amp one is using.

My od's are my "babies." I'd be hard pressed to choose a #1 or rank them.  There is no best; just an appropriate one, depending on genre and match...

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #784 on: December 08, 2014, 08:05:30 PM »
For now it'll be Ethos

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #785 on: December 09, 2014, 10:45:27 AM »
EHX Soulfood :) I'm looking for one hihi
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #786 on: December 13, 2014, 05:20:17 AM »
I've been with cool cats for a while now and some of them are said to be clones of some good and popular pedals. I have both the v1 drive, said to be an ocd clone. And a v2 transparent overdrive, said to be a Timmy clone. I like the drive a lot, responds well to picking dynamics and volume. I just leave it on and I can go from punchy clean to a lot of gain by just a turn of the volume knob. The transparent OD, gives off a nice punchy clean tone to a good crunch. Because of that I'll get the real ocd amd timmy at some point; just because.

The ehx soul food is quite interesting sound wise, not too expensive too.

At the top of my list is still the barber direct drive. The latest version sounds even better, from youtube at least.
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #787 on: December 15, 2014, 06:00:40 PM »
I've been with cool cats for a while now and some of them are said to be clones of some good and popular pedals. I have both the v1 drive, said to be an ocd clone. And a v2 transparent overdrive, said to be a Timmy clone. I like the drive a lot, responds well to picking dynamics and volume. I just leave it on and I can go from punchy clean to a lot of gain by just a turn of the volume knob. The transparent OD, gives off a nice punchy clean tone to a good crunch. Because of that I'll get the real ocd amd timmy at some point; just because.

The ehx soul food is quite interesting sound wise, not too expensive too.

At the top of my list is still the barber direct drive. The latest version sounds even better, from youtube at least.
uy i haven't seen your sig in while. welcome back!

To stay on topic, oo ang ganda nga ng direct drive! My bandmate has one and it's very responsive. i haven't tried the new one though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:06:09 PM by Taoistguitarist »

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #788 on: December 15, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »
Thanks! It has been too long and my fingers and arms are paying for the hiatus hehe. And a lot has changed in gears too!
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #789 on: December 15, 2014, 06:06:21 PM »
Thanks! It has been too long and my fingers and arms are paying for the hiatus hehe. And a lot has changed in gears too!

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #790 on: December 15, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #791 on: December 15, 2014, 06:08:45 PM »

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #792 on: December 22, 2014, 06:48:18 AM »
Meron na ba Klon Centaur dito sa Pinas? Maybe an owner can give a review.

There's a lot of hype on that pedal. Legendary, clearest , most dynamic etc.

May napanood ako sa youtube kay gearmandude. Klon vs soul food shootout.

Almost the same, but a vast difference in price.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #793 on: December 22, 2014, 12:54:22 PM »

mga kilala ko dito sa philmusic na me klon

barbie honasan
turi
leech
deltablues
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline thkh

« Reply #794 on: December 22, 2014, 11:56:50 PM »

Don't own a real Klon but there are plenty of klones that can get you 90% there. The Klon is meant to push an amp on the verge of break up. Based on some user reviews, cranking the gain and using it on a clean amp, it'll sound good but not that great. It kills as a boost though.

I own an ARC Klone and use it to boost the red side of KOT. It's a killer combo. I never get pass 9 o'clock on the gain & volume on the klone. That pedal is really really loud.
i lurve delay pedals

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #795 on: December 23, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »
Timmy + Soulfood :)
By All Odds on facebook!

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #796 on: December 23, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »

Hi Ian.

We're the local Dealer for Arc Effects. Can hook you up with a Klone if you're interested. It's a 1-for-1 part-by-part replication of the Original circuit, whereas the Soul Food I would say is only "based on" or "inspired by" the Klon Centaur. The Soul Food for one thing uses silicon diodes where the Klon (and the Arc Klone) uses Germanium. Fuzzheads here in the forum can probably attest to the difference in feel between the two: Germanium Fuzzes being more spongy while the Silicon Fuzzes having a bit of a hard edge to the notes. The SF vs the Klon/e is the same way. I also have a Soul Food btw.

They can be made to sound similar, in the same way that a Zoom 707 can actually be tweaked to "sound like" a real Marshall etc especially when recorded. But I assure you the feel and the response of the Klon/e compared to the Soul Food is also vastly different.
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #797 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »
It may not the best OD around but a bang for the buck with JOYO UD. Good sounding and very versatile in my opinion.  :mrgreen:
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #798 on: December 24, 2014, 11:27:19 AM »
Hi Ian.

We're the local Dealer for Arc Effects. Can hook you up with a Klone if you're interested. It's a 1-for-1 part-by-part replication of the Original circuit, whereas the Soul Food I would say is only "based on" or "inspired by" the Klon Centaur. The Soul Food for one thing uses silicon diodes where the Klon (and the Arc Klone) uses Germanium. Fuzzheads here in the forum can probably attest to the difference in feel between the two: Germanium Fuzzes being more spongy while the Silicon Fuzzes having a bit of a hard edge to the notes. The SF vs the Klon/e is the same way. I also have a Soul Food btw.

They can be made to sound similar, in the same way that a Zoom 707 can actually be tweaked to "sound like" a real Marshall etc especially when recorded. But I assure you the feel and the response of the Klon/e compared to the Soul Food is also vastly different.

When you say "spongy" sir, what do you mean by that? Which do you think would best suit Les Paul type guitars?
By All Odds on facebook!

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #799 on: December 24, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »
Hi Ian.

hey Sherwin, Whats up man.

So maybe its the "feel" of the od?

Interesting, since we can only dream of owning an actual Klon, can you say the Klone is the closest? in Feel and Sound?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:50:06 PM by Magus »