hulika

Author Topic: How to get a blues sound and a funky sound sa guitar??  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: How to get a blues sound and a funky sound sa guitar??
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »
blues = neck pickup position, OD in mid-gain setting, possibly a wah and a vibe pedal. you need a warm tone here
funk (clean tone) = bridge-mid pickup position, use a compressor and set up in low-mid attack, low sustain
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »
blues-funk? parang ang hirap pagsabayin?
para yan nung naisip ko dati na mambo-metal, at saka yung speed-salsa...
death-jazz
bluescore

sabagay, metallica nga tunog bluesmetal eh...

meron din poprock...

go lang sa bluesfunk! masayang malungkot yan!  :lol:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 08:47:32 AM »
blues: get a strat. listen to stevie ray vaughan for 6 months. use position 1 or 2.

or

get a strat: listen to albert collins for 6 months. (or is that buddy guy?). use bridge pickup.

funk, no horns: get a strat. listen to blood sugar sex magic for 6 months. use position 1.

funk, with horns: get a strat. or a tele or a semi-hollowbody. listen to tower of power for six months.

for me, i'd get a wah pedal. none of that auto-wah/touch-wah stuff. mas matututo kang mag-express ng nota. (although a synth-wah/envelope filter for funk might be very useful).

+1 here. Then be sure to use a "bright" amp like Fenders.

Naks funk. Ti-ting-galit. ...won't you take me to...ti-ting-galit...a funky town...ti-ting-galit...won't you take me to...ti-tingalit...a funky town mwehehehe.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 02:54:05 PM »
Hehe eto pala for blues, use a strat, a Boss Blues Driver and a Fender Blues Deluxe! :lol:

Offline bendedbeam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
Slight overdrive just to add a little sustain. Neck PU and make good use of those flatted 5ths and 7ths. That sounds bluesy to me...
---------------------------------
It's not the guitar's fault...

Offline foolintherain

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 10:12:58 PM »
what about getting a funk sound from a semi-hollow type guitar with humbuckers? is it true i have to lower the pick ups to get a thinner sound? any advice on string gauge? i've been using .011 lately for a more bluesy feel... many people say i should be using lower gauges for a funky-er sound... as well as a compressor pero parang sobrang drastic yung tone change pag naka boss na compressor e... can anyone shine any light?