hulika

Author Topic: BOSS DF-2  (Read 1598 times)

Offline jamesroy

BOSS DF-2
« on: May 23, 2007, 11:41:45 PM »
tanong ko lang mga bossing, di kasi gumagana yung overtone knob ng df-2 ano ba suppose dpat mangyayari?kakabili ko lang kasi..di ko pa alam effect nun eh balewala kahit itodo at hinaan ko yung overtone eh...thanks

Chito

Re: BOSS DF-2
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:07:04 AM »
I have a DF-2 and frankly I've never tried using the Overtone function of the pedal. I just use the Distortion which I thought sounded much better than the distortion I get from my DS-1. It took me awhile to find out how to use the overtone feature and this is how it's used from the Bossarea.com website:

The DF-2 is a distortion pedal with the added option of holding down the footswitch for endless sustain - in overtone harmonic form of single notes.

With the overtone dial you adjust the overtone that you want to feed back. When you step on the pedal and hold it down it feeds the note back until you release the pedal, no matter what volume level you are playing at. The feedbacked note will stop immediately when you release the pedal. There is unfortunately not way to get a smooth ending.

Check out the website: www.bossarea.com/

Offline jamesroy

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:32:10 AM »
ayus!!! natry ko na oks pla eh...kaya lang di consistent yung feedback...tumataas or bumababa yung note eh... ganun din ba sa inyo?thanks po

Chito

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:08:50 AM »
Yep... same thing. I've never found a situation to use it.

Offline jamesroy

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:16:59 AM »
hehehe kala ko pa naman magiging satriani na ako sa df-2 hahahaha sana may mods dito na single note lang ang feedback di nagbabago hehehe

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »
Honga. My main pedal until it was supplanted.

The overtone function sounds like a Huey chopper to me, giving a "whop-whop-whop" sound at the note you have it sample.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
tanong ko lang mga bossing, di kasi gumagana yung overtone knob ng df-2 ano ba suppose dpat mangyayari?kakabili ko lang kasi..di ko pa alam effect nun eh balewala kahit itodo at hinaan ko yung overtone eh...thanks

Teka teka...your problem seems to be simpler than I thought.

Kahit pihit-pihitin mo yang overtone knob, walang nangyayari talaga jan. Maririnig mo ang effect nyan pag say naka on na yung effect, tapos...apakan mo uli ng matagal yung pedal. Stepping on it continously turns on the overtone/feedbacker effect. Thats when you will hear the effect of the overtone knob...pag pinihit mo sya while continously stepping on the pedal.  :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »
yep!, it's like changing the tone/pitch of the feedbacked note. pag nagsimula ng mag feedback, pede ka ng magsolo over or mag-strum. the feedback effect will continue as long as nakadiin pa rin paa mo sa pedal.

Offline jamesroy

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 01:09:11 AM »
yup nagets ko na siya nung sa post ni sir chito...hehehe salamats mga bossing.. kaso di ko gusto pag tinagalan yung feedback..nagbabago yung note eh...tumataas or bigla bababa parang tremolo hehe