hulika

Author Topic: YOUR PEDALBOARD THREAD - PART II  (Read 1663956 times)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: YOUR PEDALBOARD THREAD - PART II
« Reply #1325 on: November 24, 2010, 06:20:26 AM »
Updated my pedalboard. Added a direct PA/FOH interface for ampless venues.

cool. how's the Empress? Thinking of that or the Diamond.

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1326 on: November 24, 2010, 08:52:59 AM »
the octaswitch is hugely gigantic... :-o i wonder hot much it weighs...cool board man!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #1327 on: November 24, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
Thanks guys!

The Empress Tremolo is such a joy to use. It has a very natural response and the knobs and switches are all no-nonsense. The tap tempo is a big help for on-the-fly trem tempo setting :)

The Octa-switch isn't very heavy. It's just about the weight of 3-4 pedals. It does take up quite a bit of real estate on my board, though. But for what it does, I don't mind! I'm actually planning to sell my Octa-switch and then I'll buy a Combinator 2.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline khuxielog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1328 on: November 24, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
Updated my pedalboard. Added a direct PA/FOH interface for ampless venues.

still no love for the AM comp, sir poundcake? :-)
btw, wheres the klon?

sorry, if stalker-ish ang dating ha, i am just a "follower" of your pedalboard evolution so to speak=)
references: drick, barbie h., turi, deltaslim, royc, tackielarla, nuno, diver, ninjeremy, fonzy, etc.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #1329 on: November 24, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »
still no love for the AM comp, sir poundcake? :-)
btw, wheres the klon?

sorry, if stalker-ish ang dating ha, i am just a "follower" of your pedalboard evolution so to speak=)

Haha, that's fine :) I don't like using compressors AT ALL. I want my dynamics untouched. That's one of the things I look for in a drive pedal or amp. The only reason why I'm keeping the Comprossor is because I might need it one of these days. I sold the Klon Centaur. The Eternity and King of Tone can already do the job :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1330 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
Thanks guys!

The Empress Tremolo is such a joy to use. It has a very natural response and the knobs and switches are all no-nonsense. The tap tempo is a big help for on-the-fly trem tempo setting :)

The Octa-switch isn't very heavy. It's just about the weight of 3-4 pedals. It does take up quite a bit of real estate on my board, though. But for what it does, I don't mind! I'm actually planning to sell my Octa-switch and then I'll buy a Combinator 2.
Pm me kung magkano ha,baka makayanan ng bulsa ko!hehehe

Offline khuxielog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1331 on: November 24, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »
Haha, that's fine :) I don't like using compressors AT ALL. I want my dynamics untouched. That's one of the things I look for in a drive pedal or amp. The only reason why I'm keeping the Comprossor is because I might need it one of these days. I sold the Klon Centaur. The Eternity and King of Tone can already do the job :)

wow! what are you using on your kot? stock configurations (i.e. red-drive, yellow-boost)? :-)
references: drick, barbie h., turi, deltaslim, royc, tackielarla, nuno, diver, ninjeremy, fonzy, etc.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #1332 on: November 25, 2010, 01:54:35 AM »
Pm me kung magkano ha,baka makayanan ng bulsa ko!hehehe

Pag-iisipan ko pa muna yun hehehe buo pa yung rig ko e... pero sige, sayo ko unang iaalok kung magkataon :)

wow! what are you using on your kot? stock configurations (i.e. red-drive, yellow-boost)? :-)

I'm using the distortion setting for both channels, then both channels are stacked. If you can see the knob settings of my KoT, both gain knobs are cranked but channel 2 has more the tone knob set at 3:30. The tone I'm getting from that stack is perfect for my lead tone. My KoT has the high-gain option for both channels, by the way.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1333 on: November 25, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »
Pag-iisipan ko pa muna yun hehehe buo pa yung rig ko e... pero sige, sayo ko unang iaalok kung magkataon :)
Yey!

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1334 on: November 25, 2010, 06:05:13 AM »

bro, i noticed that before, you are using the tc nova for delays,seems you are using na the eventide what happen to nova?
does the evntide is more subtle than nova?thanks
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall i fear....

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #1335 on: November 25, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »
bro, i noticed that before, you are using the tc nova for delays,seems you are using na the eventide what happen to nova?
does the evntide is more subtle than nova?thanks

I took out my Nova Delay but I'm still thinking about what I'll do with it. I have enough spare pedals to build another board but I'm still deciding whether to do that or just sell them.

The Nova Delay is a great pedal. The signal coming out of it is studio-clear and you can get a lot of delay tones out of it. The TimeFactor, however, just has more features. The TimeFactor's analog delay response is marginally better than that of the Nova Delay, but it's just about even when it comes to digital delay.

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1336 on: November 25, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
My messy pedalboard haha!  :-D

cheers!  :-)
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline Beatle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1337 on: November 25, 2010, 10:33:37 PM »
***Posted the same question on FAQ's***

query here:

Pwede ba gamitan ng katana boost ang multi effects like the me-70? Mas gaganda pa ba ang tunog pag may boost?

Thanks

Offline lindtaylor

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1338 on: November 26, 2010, 12:48:20 AM »
***Posted the same question on FAQ's***

query here:

Pwede ba gamitan ng katana boost ang multi effects like the me-70? Mas gaganda pa ba ang tunog pag may boost?

Thanks

IMHO, it depends on the amp that you're using..

Offline posera!!

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1339 on: November 26, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »

dd-20 out nova delay in :-D
Oh abandoned hearts with a battle cry we move to You we surrender
oh lead us forth oh Lord for now is the time to show out Your love we're moving forward we'll wait no more
because Your spirit is strong Your spirit is strong

Offline khuxielog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1340 on: November 26, 2010, 09:53:50 PM »

I'm using the distortion setting for both channels, then both channels are stacked. If you can see the knob settings of my KoT, both gain knobs are cranked but channel 2 has more the tone knob set at 3:30. The tone I'm getting from that stack is perfect for my lead tone. My KoT has the high-gain option for both channels, by the way.

what chips have you got in your kot, sir poundcake? :-)

Offline luapsmoa

« Reply #1341 on: November 26, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »
bago mabenta.. hahaha.. eto latest borad ko..  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:06:23 PM by luapsmoa »

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1342 on: November 27, 2010, 03:36:49 AM »

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #1343 on: November 27, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »
what chips have you got in your kot, sir poundcake? :-)

I'm not so sure... Analog Mike calls it the "high gain mod" chip, but it sounds like a TL 072 to my ears. But again, I'm not sure. Both channels of my KoT have the "high gain mod" chip so pareho lang.

Offline arisesanctified

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1344 on: November 27, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
ako rin pasali :-D
Thank you, Jesus!

Offline khuxielog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1345 on: November 28, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »
posting a clearer pic of my present board (had the chance to borrow a decent cam the other day) :-)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1346 on: November 28, 2010, 09:16:20 AM »
posting a clearer pic of my present board (had the chance to borrow a decent cam the other day) :-)

which nkt do you have in there? :-)

Offline khuxielog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1347 on: November 28, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »
@ teleclem, whitedots :-)..didnt even know about them red and white dots when i ordered the sunface (just learned about them thru tgp)..i guess whitedots=default :-)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1348 on: November 28, 2010, 11:09:58 AM »
@ teleclem, whitedots :-)..didnt even know about them red and white dots when i ordered the sunface (just learned about them thru tgp)..i guess whitedots=default :-)

ok ok :-) how are they?

Can't seem to find the high gain nkt that comes with a free sun dial :lol: i'll probably email him about that

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1349 on: November 28, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »
finally, my board is complete...  :-D

hmmm, wala pa pala kong Reverb  :lol: