hulika

Author Topic: ZT AMPS USERS THREAD  (Read 119142 times)

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ZT AMPS USERS THREAD
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 09:45:28 PM »

Seriously, to be sure, Club12 na lang. Argh, I'm gassing for a lunchbox or club12. Parang sobrang convenient sa gigs at practices.
mismo bro, ang laking ginhawa sa mga tulad kong walang roadie. :lol:

napakalakas ng Club 12, di na kailangan ng extension cabs or mic'ing sa mga bar.

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »
IMO, mag Club ka na lang. Kahit hindi mic'd yung amp, it stands up really well to gigging conditions, as proven kagabi by 2 Club 12 amps in a metal gig. (For those that don't know, the drummers of Mass Defect, Mortal Fear and Bane hit hard.) Mike from Mortal Fear uses a 2x12 Line6 Spider IV 150 watt amp but Bhrian, who usually gets drowned out by Mike, was heard real clear and loud by everyone in the venue. Bolt Thrower already gave his feedback. As his roadie/tech, his volume on the Club was just on 3. By the 3rd song, we had to scale it back a notch because the drummer was already complaining that it was too loud.

woohoo!!!! Bolt Thrower and Pao let us use their ZT Club nung sat. salamat ulit btw. anlakas!!!!! magkaiba kami ng ginawa ng kabanda ko, siya sa fx loop kumabit. ako, as daryl here recommended, plugged into the input. iirc, i set the gain at around 8:00, bass/treble 12:00, volume 2:00. para clean sound with lots of headroom yung makuha kong tunog. and here's the thing, yung v-twin ko, yung volume niya wala pa atang 9:00. gusto ko kasi masubukan yung lakas ng clean volume ng ZT. hehehe. sarap gamitin nung amps, hindi siya tunog practice amp na maliit.

I was at the ten02 bar last night. :-D, nuff said.

anyways here is out thread if anyone would be interested in ordering ZTs:

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,184037.msg2574510.html#msg2574510

or email me at bryant@stonelakeguitars.com.

you were there last sat? sayang we didn't get to meet.

proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 08:19:36 PM »
woohoo!!!! Bolt Thrower and Pao let us use their ZT Club nung sat. salamat ulit btw. anlakas!!!!! magkaiba kami ng ginawa ng kabanda ko, siya sa fx loop kumabit. ako, as daryl here recommended, plugged into the input. iirc, i set the gain at around 8:00, bass/treble 12:00, volume 2:00. para clean sound with lots of headroom yung makuha kong tunog. and here's the thing, yung v-twin ko, yung volume niya wala pa atang 9:00. gusto ko kasi masubukan yung lakas ng clean volume ng ZT. hehehe. sarap gamitin nung amps, hindi siya tunog practice amp na maliit.

tol! thanks sa review! kala talaga ng mga tao praktis amp na 30Watt!  :lol: lakas mo nung sat e. hehe about sa gain...kahit ilakas mo sa 12 oclock yung gain clean pa rin siya. yung gain kasi niya parang nagkakaroon ng "tube sag" characteristic habang tinataas mo. mataas pa rin headroom. mas lumalakas at tumataba din tunog habang tumataas gain hehe. nagkakaroon siya ng mild distortion pag umabot ka sa 2 oclock. Overdrive na pag 3-4 oclock. 

ang baba pa pala ng volume ng VTwin mo. Marami pa masisipa! Si Daniel nag enjoy e. Pero sabi ko nga mas malakas at malinis yung quality ng tunog pag sa input kesa sa efx loop. Clean naman yung character nung amp e. Neutral siya di masyado makukulayan tunog mo pag sa front sumaksak. Very pedal friendly.

Eto settings ko.

Amp:
12:00 lahat. Except volume na 9:00.

Sansamp:
Gain 10:00
Level: 9:00

Good na for deathgrind.

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 09:12:27 PM »
may naisip nga ko next time magkasabay tayo sa gig. dalhin ko kaya yung amp ko. tignan natin kung ano mas malakas, 60W all tube or yung ZT. tingin ko yang ZT mas malakas. :lol:

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 12:23:35 AM »
may naisip nga ko next time magkasabay tayo sa gig. dalhin ko kaya yung amp ko. tignan natin kung ano mas malakas, 60W all tube or yung ZT. tingin ko yang ZT mas malakas. :lol:

Tim and Jo - GAS gods ng metal lol! Mag ZT na rin kayo!
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline stonelake

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 12:42:45 AM »

yes andun  ako sa tabi with Pakoy.
I really enjoyed the gig..

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 09:52:36 AM »

katakot naman 'to men! suntukan na lang!  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
how much louder is the Club 12 vs the Lunchbox?  i find that the Loudbox's clean headroom is closer to a DR or C30 (22w-30w) than the 200w advertised. when it starts clipping, it just gets more distorted, not louder.  i wonder what it actually is (sa totoong buhay) for the Club 12.

and where do you buy the Club 12 locally?

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »
how much louder is the Club 12 vs the Lunchbox?  i find that the Loudbox's clean headroom is closer to a DR or C30 (22w-30w) than the 200w advertised. when it starts clipping, it just gets more distorted, not louder.  i wonder what it actually is (sa totoong buhay) for the Club 12.

You might find this thread useful:
http://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guitar-amps-gizmos/9558-zt-amplifiers-club-comprehensive-evaluation.html

It's a very technical evaluation of the Club. Distortion, real life volume, etc. Wall of text imminent but a very good read.

As for the Lunchbox comparison. I don't know  how to word this one. But the Club can dish out more tones and more frequencies due to the larger driver. It's more open to my ears. But for the loudness, I can't really answer that one. Hmmmm, may illusion kasi of space in terms of sound with the Club. They may have the same loudness, but the Club "seems" louder with a booming low end and more lush mid freq. Mas mataas din headroom ng Club. 

and where do you buy the Club 12 locally?

You can get it from Stonelake or God of War at the Classifieds section.

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,184037.msg2574510.html#msg2574510

:mrgreen:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »
@Bolt Thrower - Thanks.

Offline stonelake

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »
Hi Delta slim.

We have ZT amp CLUB 12 stock as we speak.
I've been using ZT LB for my gig aswell, the realistic average (RMS) power is 120W.. 200 is the PEAK power and shouldnt be confused with the optimum performance.

Here is the the explanation from the ZT tech support regarding some reports of buzzing.

"When playing the Lunchbox at very high volumes you must increase the treble/ high frequency the louder it gets.  Because of its small size, it doesn’t represent balance frequencies so when it’s being maxed out, you are trying to move too much air. This creates the buzzing sound and is exaggerated by the driver trying to put out low frequencies at very high volumes.

This effect will be greatly reduced by keeping the tone greater than 12o’ clock.

If you want an amp with super a high low frequency response at a high output, you should check out the CLUB."

Thanks and hope this helps.

StoneLake

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
still no complains on my Club 12, arguably my overall best amp ever! and I have had quite a bunch of amps already(just for reference here they are)
-Fender Champion 110
-Fender Blues Jr.
-Fender Blues Deluxe
-Fender Dual Showman Reverb SF
-Fender Twin Reverb SF
-Fender Red Knob "The Twin"
-Carvin X100B
-Peavey Classic 30 and Classic 20
-Vox Night Train
-this small 5W Teisco Tube Amp
I may have forgotten a few but that's pretty much all of them.

the Club 12 wins because
-it's almost as loud as my previous 100W tube amps,
-sounds fairly good for my use, actually it can cover most genres if you use pedals (it reacts like a Fender tube amp in terms of pedal friendliness, it's like a clean canvas that you can paint whatever color you like, it isn't as bright as the fenders though)
-it doesn't break my back when I lug it around for gigs and jams (even much more portable than the night train head!)
-it didn't break my wallet that much
-it looks really road-worthy I still haven't experienced any problems with it.

this is really, REALLY a great amp for performing musicians who prefer to bring their own amps and don't have roadies and uses pedals instead of amp drive and other effects or modeling.  :-D

thanks ZT and thanks to sir Bryant (stonelake) for giving me a chance to own one. :-D

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2010, 10:47:44 PM »
A Fender Tube amp is a very close comparison. But so is a Roland JC120 I think. Now, if ZT makes the loudest and smallest 2x12, that would really (over)kill!  :evil:

I heard that they are making a Club bass amp as well.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »
A Fender Tube amp is a very close comparison. But so is a Roland JC120 I think. Now, if ZT makes the loudest and smallest 2x12, that would really (over)kill!  :evil:

haha iniisip ko rin yun, Club Twin 2X12 dual channel with switching or para vintage vibe with trem din, champion! :-D

Offline stonelake

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010, 11:23:32 PM »
still no complains on my Club 12, arguably my overall best amp ever! and I have had quite a bunch of amps already(just for reference here they are)
-Fender Champion 110
-Fender Blues Jr.
-Fender Blues Deluxe
-Fender Twin Reverb SF
-Carvin X100B
-Vox Night Train

the Club 12 wins because
-sounds fairly good for my use, actually it can cover most genres if you use pedals (it reacts like a Fender tube amp in terms of pedal friendliness, it's like a clean canvas that you can paint whatever color you like, it isn't as bright as the fenders though)
-it doesn't break my back when I lug it around for gigs and jams (even much more portable than the night train head!)

this is really, REALLY a great amp for performing musicians who prefer to bring their own amps and don't have roadies and uses pedals instead of amp drive and other effects or modeling.  :-D

thanks ZT and thanks to sir Bryant (stonelake) for giving me a chance to own one. :-D

No, Thank you!.. and thanks for the awesome review..and Godofwar for being a very good dealer.

Best,

StoneLake/Bryant

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010, 11:32:33 PM »
haha I forgot to mention sir Russel (GodofWar), very accommodating and nice. :-D

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »
-Fender Champion 110
-Fender Blues Jr.
-Fender Blues Deluxe
-Fender Twin Reverb SF
-Carvin X100B
-Vox Night Train

the Club 12 wins because

This doesn't help at all... I'm gassing for the Club 12 more than ever!  :lol:

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2010, 05:20:18 AM »
katakot naman 'to men! suntukan na lang!  :lol:

sabi ni fraudulentzodiac, mas malakas pa yung club sa 100W tube amps or kasing lakas. lalamunin talaga ng buhay nito yung amp ko! tama suntukan na lang! kaso bubugbugin mo lang ako hehehe, talo pa din ako. :lol:

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »

now, that made me smile. under development na din pala ang bass amp.  :-D

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2010, 10:25:47 AM »
tim, ewan ko lang ah. Pero kung 1x12 or 2x12 na tube amp combo sa linya ng mga jcm800/900, Valveking212...mas malakas pa rin siguro yung tubo. "Malakas" in terms of tapon ng tunog, o kaya gain. Iba pa rin yung feel ng lakas pag kinumpara mo yung dalawa. Pero yung ZT, kayang makipagsabayan niyan sa 100w Tube. Di ka malulugi. Hahaha

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »
-Fender Champion 110
-Fender Blues Jr.
-Fender Blues Deluxe
-Fender Twin Reverb SF
-Carvin X100B
-Vox Night Train

the Club 12 wins because

great review!  it really had me thinking about this amp.   :-D

just a question:  how is the clean tone?  is it close to fender clean?  i really value my clean tone and i don't rely on pedals for it (only delay and reverb).  thanks in advance!  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline stonelake

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »
now, that made me smile. under development na din pala ang bass amp.  :-D

We were informed by ZT that it might be available around Fall/Autumn.

Thanks.

StoneLake.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »
great review!  it really had me thinking about this amp.   :-D

just a question:  how is the clean tone?  is it close to fender clean?  i really value my clean tone and i don't rely on pedals for it (only delay and reverb).  thanks in advance!  :-)
if you have tried a Blues Jr. or a Peavey Classic 30, it is very similar to those. Contrary to what most people say, I thought the Club 12's clean sound is a bit dark, I then realized that when played at higher volumes (enough to be heard with a drummer) the treble really opens up. The Club 12 is single channel btw, and what's nice is when you crank up the gain, the tone remains the same unlike other amps where the top end gets more pronounced as the gain goes up. :-)

btw guys, linawin ko lang, I didn't say the Club 12 is as loud as, say, a Fender Twin Reverb. Siyempre mas malakas na yung 100W tube amp, my point is it can get as loud as a 100W tube amp when used in a band setting, hindi toe to toe. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:00:21 PM by fraudulentzodiac »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
if you have tried a Blues Jr. or a Peavey Classic 30, it is very similar to those. Contrary to what most people say, I thought the Club 12's clean sound is a bit dark, I then realized that when played at higher volumes (enough to be heard with a drummer) the treble really opens up. The Club 12 is single channel btw, and what's nice is when you crank up the gain, the tone remains the same unlike other amps where the top end gets more pronounced as the gain goes up. :-)

btw guys, linawin ko lang, I didn't say the Club 12 is as loud as, say, a Fender Twin Reverb. Siyempre mas malakas na yung 100W tube amp, my point is it can get as loud as a 100W tube amp when used in a band setting, hindi toe to toe. :lol:

thanks for the feedback!  i haven't owned a Blues Jr. but i was able to try one, and i wanted one ever since.  it was supposed to be my end-all electric amp since i don't have plans to get big ones.  now i'm considering the Club over it.  hahaha!  thanks man!  :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2010, 10:37:46 AM »
great review!  it really had me thinking about this amp.   :-D

just a question:  how is the clean tone?  is it close to fender clean?  i really value my clean tone and i don't rely on pedals for it (only delay and reverb).  thanks in advance!  :-)

@maxi - i think the Lunchbox's clean is not that good. Meh, actually.  it's too dull, sterile for my blues tastes (I"m a Fender guy). but for jazz or metal, i think it's alright.