hulika

Author Topic: "UP" Related Inquiries *merged*  (Read 49203 times)

Offline toybitz

Re: Up and IMO/IMHO
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2009, 02:08:54 PM »
another reason for controlling the bumps is that, everyone who posts their items in the classifieds section needs money.  And selfishness gets in the way in such that a sellers will always want their item on the first page for the duration that the items isn't sold yet.

Other sellers miss the privelege of staying on the first two pages for as long as they possibly can.  So to be fair to all, especially to those who aren't stuck in front of their PC, BUMP CONTROL is a must.

it was a lot a worse back in the days, where everyone keeps bumping their items 10x a day.  I used to bump mine 3x a day!  :lol:

may record holder nga eh, 16x!  I won't say who it is though.   :-)
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline badbach66

Re: Up and IMO/IMHO
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »
The status tag and the corresponding star count/colour under the callsign are automatically changed as you reach a set amount of posts. (Forum Fanatic at 500, Addictus at 1000, and so on.)

I'd like to share my take on this though.

I believe that Philmusic is primarily a community-centric venue for musicians. However, it's also known as a trade emporium with good visibility and traffic. We know about the complexity of a musician's gear. Then there are times where shipping money and gear is the only viable option between buyer and seller. All these factors give us plenty of ways to be scammed.

That's why there are times when I look at a person's "status". Forgive the generalisation, but I believe that there are two types of forumites in PhilMu.
1. Those who contribute in the discussion threads and post in the classfieds.
2. Those who post in the classifieds alone.

I think considering member status is one safeguard to avoid scams. I have nothing against merchants in the forums, but sometimes, you can tell from the post if a deal is sketchy. Of course, I sometimes tend to read previous posts of the person I want to deal with just to make sure he didn't become a "Forum Fanatic" by posting "Up!" and smileys alone. :lol:

Bottom line, I'm more comfy dealing with contributing members, regardless of status - as long as he doesn't have just a couple of posts under his belt, all in the Classifieds section.

I agree, there's a lot of good deals at the Classifieds section, but if the TS is mainly a Classifieds section regular, something just doesn't feel right about the deal. I think I'm better off dealing with forumite regulars who have been around long enough & have a reputation to protect  :-D :-D
References: masterchoxter, turigiliano, Gibson78, akellefusion, jetleebog, Drew_Asuncion, jonathan_dead, chester_uy, pao2pao16, obetski, deadlifted, 2joeross, Iommifan, chromeknive, etc...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=361241

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
help: threads not bumping up
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »
mods, i'm experienceing this: i'm bumping two of my ad threads:

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,220855.0.html
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,232668.0.html

pero kahit nakapag-post na ako for the day, hindi lumilitaw sa 1st page yung threads. what could be the problem?

eto pa: yung lumang NBA thread sa Anything Goes, nagpost din ako doon pero ayaw lumitaw sa 1st page. SMF error ba ito mga bossing?
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,29585.0.html

Offline geRRaine02

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Meaning ng "UP"?
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
Ano ba meaning pag nagUP and ung BUMP? Im new hear and I don't understand those. Sana meron magexplain. thanks!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:50:03 PM by geRRaine02 »

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Meaning ng "UP"?
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2011, 08:04:05 PM »
it's a term used to literally bring UP your post/thread na natabunan nang mga bago or sumunod na post sa mismong thread mo. :-)

this should help out:

The "UP" Guideline

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,61217.0.html

Offline geRRaine02

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
haha yea i figured. I read that thread but it wasn't clear what is UP and it's purpose. It was just telling people how many time can you UP. well atleast for me...:) thanks mod!!

Offline marbinism

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
unlimited UP's?hehe :mrgreen:

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »
unlimited UP's?hehe :mrgreen:

only 1 UP per day/24 hour timeframe is allowed. mahirap nang maging pasaway! :wink:

Offline favoriteitem

Regarding up guidelines
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
Hi newbie here 8-) 8-).... I just would like to ask why my thread got locked all what I did is to up the item that I am selling every other day. And nareceive ko yung warning nung nagup ako ng dalawang beses sa isang araw after that never ko na ginawa.

Actually, I was not able to see any rules and guidelines about your "up" rules on the website. I tried to check your help page and wala.....Pasensya na talaga baguhan lang ako dito isn't it proper to warn members first before locking the thread that I created?....What I'm trying to say dapat alam ng member na meron kayong gagawin sa account para maavoid yung maling nagawa.

What about ung kapag nagpost ang isang member ng multiple threads by mistake hindi ba dapat ang member lang ang may karapatan naidelete ung thread na yon. Atsaka walang delete button sa thread. Please answer my questions ASAP.

Thanks..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:33:53 AM by favoriteitem »

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Regarding up guidelines
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2013, 01:29:13 AM »

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline favoriteitem

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2013, 05:30:42 AM »
No consideration for newbies heeheheheh that's ok...I didn't know na hindi pala pwede magup on the same day... So for newbies must read guidelines so that their thread must not get locked for 10 days....tnx a lot <_< <_<
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:40:30 AM by favoriteitem »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »
There is that saying that goes 'ignorance of the law does not exempt you from it'.

Just goes to show that one MUST read and understand the rules and FAQs in a most forums. In comparison to some, PM is quite forgiving.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »
There is that saying that goes 'ignorance of the law does not exempt you from it'.

Just goes to show that one MUST read and understand the rules and FAQs in a most forums. In comparison to some, PM is quite forgiving.

- and we have the rules posted everywhere too. from the new members boards to the musicians forums down to the classifieds boards, it's just a click away actually. :-P