hulika

Author Topic: LYTRO: The Camera That Could Change Photography Forever  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Legolas

• Forum Fanatic
LYTRO: The Camera That Could Change Photography Forever
« on: July 04, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »
Hey guys, have you seen this new revolution in photography? Astig! Shoot First And Focus Later!

Have you ever taken a picture that would have been great if only it were in focus? Of course you have. So have we, countless times. But those days may soon be past all of us with the introduction of Lytro, an entirely new kind of camera that allows users to completely change the focus of a picture after the shutter clicks. And, according to AllThingsD, this next-generation camera will be available before the end of the year.

The secret behind the Lytro camera is a new type of sensor that gathers much more information about the light coming into the camera than the sensors found on all other types of digital cameras. Rather than record a finite amount of information about the light in a photograph, as is the case with other camera sensors, the Lytro sensor records the entire “light field,” which is made up of “all the light rays in a scene,” according to the Lytro website. This includes the color, intensity and direction of the rays of light. Other cameras simply record all the light as a single amount of light.

With this vast amount of data, the focus of a photo can be fully adjusted to match a photographer’s desires, using a computer, in the same way one might use Photoshop to adjusts hue, brightness or contrast on a regular photograph. This means never having to worry about whether auto-focus centered on the right part of a picture, and it makes capturing fast-motion much easier.

The Lytro sensor’s sensitivity to light also makes it possible to take photos in very low-light conditions without the need of a flash. It also makes it possible to take 3D-like photographs with only a single lens, and without the need for glasses to see the immersive effects.

Check These Links for photos that you can click and see the wonder of Lytro  :-D

http://www.lytro.com/picture_gallery

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20110622/tc_digitaltrends/lytrothecamerathatcouldchangephotographyforever
No Matter How Much You Pay For An Instrument, In The Wrong Hands It Will Always Sound "Cheap."

Offline proud07christian

Re: LYTRO: The Camera That Could Change Photography Forever
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
I've been seeing this everywhere! That means you can also select your aperture setting in post process. Next generation photography na talaga. Nawala na yung aperature ring, ngayon focusing ring na mawawala. Hence, next generation lenses will look like extension tubes. lol. HAHAHA. A couple of years from now photography will be computer based.

Offline raginghormones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:33:58 AM »
I've been seeing this everywhere! That means you can also select your aperture setting in post process. Next generation photography na talaga. Nawala na yung aperature ring, ngayon focusing ring na mawawala. Hence, next generation lenses will look like extension tubes. lol. HAHAHA. A couple of years from now photography will be computer based.

e puro digital artist na lang tayo nyan. wala ng essence ang pagkuha ng maayos na litrato based on the basics of photography.

for me parang ang labo ng mga kuha sa site.

IMHO kung mura lang yan panalo yan lalo na sa masa. kung mahal susugal ka sa hindi pa proven. bumili ka na lang ng PNS cams or stick with dslr's. proven na yung mga yan and I believe it will remain for a long time.
"Amateurs worry about equipment,
professionals worry about money,
masters worry about light...  I just take pictures..."-Vernon Trent

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 06:21:46 AM »
Parang mas maganda pang gumamit ng photoshop.

Offline Legolas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 08:16:03 AM »
e puro digital artist na lang tayo nyan. wala ng essence ang pagkuha ng maayos na litrato based on the basics of photography.

IMHO kung mura lang yan panalo yan lalo na sa masa. kung mahal susugal ka sa hindi pa proven. bumili ka na lang ng PNS cams or stick with dslr's. proven na yung mga yan and I believe it will remain for a long time.

Sir, have you tried clicking any part of the photo on the second link? The one with the big "Joker Mask".

You may click any part of the photo that you want to be focused or clearer.

For better understanding on how it works, here is a link from you tube.

feature=player_embedded

Another link of photo you can play with (Elvis)

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/21/lytro-launches-to-transform-photography-with-50m-in-venture-funds-tctv/
No Matter How Much You Pay For An Instrument, In The Wrong Hands It Will Always Sound "Cheap."

Offline proud07christian

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »

I agree, but may  advantages din ito for pro photographers. Especially events and wedding photographers, they have complete and better control over the image during post process which can translate to better pictures for the clients. :)

Photographers of today's age should learn how to shoot with film first! Basics. :lol: