hulika

Author Topic: Stolen Drum Gear Notice Thread  (Read 10019 times)

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Help!! My MAPEX p750 single peds was taken!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 04:55:20 AM »
Bro. Bulog, i feel bad for your loss...

It's also a good thing that you posted this to remind us to be very careful and if it happens to any one of us, if God permits, don't try to be a hero, don't do anything that would endanger your life or others.

isipin na lang natin na mapapalitan yan, pero ang buhay hindi. 

sana may superhero ang mga drummers, like, Drummer-man, Rudiment Boy, or even The Shuffle Master...hehehe...just to let you smile Bro...
kasi i've been noticing that madaming drummers ang na-te-take advantage ng mga bad guys...since mahal ang mga equipment.

Bro. Bulog, thank God that you're not harmed and ingats na lang palagi!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:58:27 AM by vdonati_fan »
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
Fellow pinoydrummers, take care of your gear.
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
I do not know if this is the right place to post this, and it does not matter to me if this gets locked due to being off-topic or disruptive. I just need an outlet to vent frustration. Excuse the harshness, I really feel bad right now.

We had a gig yesterday at the Makati Republik. Being overly sensitive about sound, and armed with the knowledge that the equipment at the bar blows, I brought my hi-hats, crash, and snare. My drumgear isn't nearly as good as what you guys own, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, when I was going home after the gig, it was when I noticed that my bag was lighter. Opening the bag's zipper revealed the empty space where my 16" Paiste 400 Power Crash used to reside. I was distraught. In my 40+ gigs with my current band, I have never left any gear behind. I tried contacting the gig's production to no avail.

I'm still in college. I skimped on expensive lunches and gimiks just to earn moolah for my drumgear. But that's just money. I'm also bummed because I LOVED that crash. It might not be a high-end model, but it was my first Paiste, and friends/audiences complimented on how sweet it sounded. It could take a beating when I play metal. It could sing sweetly when I play alternative. IT WAS MADE IN '87, the year of my birth. It was MY CRASH. And it's a discontinued model, so I might never find a replacement again.

The crash was probably picked up by another band, or kept by the production/venue. I am not pointing fingers because I have no one to blame but myself. I just hope that my sweet sweet metal doesn't end up being abused in a studio or in amateur gigging events. I hope it's taken care of by whoever has it.

Friends in Pinoydrums, please take care of your gear. It really hurts when you have to earn up again to make your set sound complete once more. It hurts more when you lose that part of your set that made your music complete. And it hurts the most when you know you won't find that missing piece again. Call me overly emotive, but my drumset has lost its harmonic synergies, and I guess it'll never be the same again.

That being said, if someone manages to purchase the crash I stated, please contact me. I shall gladly buy it back from you. If you have the same model, I shall buy it from you too. I believe I shall be more active in the Pinoydrums classifieds in an effort to find a replacement crash. Thank you for reading or not. Long-live pinoydrums.

Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fellow pinoydrummers, take care of your gear.
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »
aw sayang naman  :-(

Offline tagz

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 10:31:30 AM »
makikita mo ulit yan..  :-D
baka may magandang kapalit yan..  :wink:
PALOpaloPALOpaloPALOpalo!!!

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »
i can't imagine how hard it is to lose something that is most precious and treasured to me.

to our brother sjon014, just think that  the space left by your paiste cymbal in your bag will be filled-in by something special if not more...

thanks to your message and reminder. i'm sure your thoughts would not be disregarded by our fellow drummers/musicians.

God bless!

"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline carl20

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2008, 11:03:37 AM »
Sana ibalik na lang kung sino man ang nakakuha,..  :|
COMBOWORKS

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 02:43:32 PM »
Have you tried going back to the venue pare?sana andun lang bro..anyway we all wish you the best, di man mabalik sa yo yan we hope mas maganda yun maging kapalit for you..keep on drumming pare :wink:
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008, 05:49:23 PM »
I contacted the prod again, and this time he replied. He's going to look around daw.

Kudos to all for the replies.=) I know it's just a message board, but still I feel that I'm a part of the awesome pinoydrums community heheh. And I know I can count on the people here. Wahahah drama-ness commences.x)

That said... paging Sir JP! I want to try Staggs muna. I really need a Crash, and maybe a splash and china. Could you recommend any that's similar to the character of the Paiste I lost? Plus discount? Hahahah.x)
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »
If you have the serial number of your Paiste crash, that could help.

Sorry to hear about your missing Paiste crash.

Offline oliver_soh

Re: Stolen Drum Gear Notice Thread
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »
2 weeks ago, nanakawan oto ko, nakapark outside my gf's house in camella molino. nakuha sakin:

1 pair - zildjian special recording hi-hats 12"

1 pc - zildjian k series 15" dark crash                             -------------- all cymbals are in one customized black bag

1 pc - zildjian k series 12" splash

1pc - zildjian k series 10" splash

1pc - premier 8" tom (white)                                          ---------------- tomtom has its own customized black bag

---may mga accessories na kasama.. all tama... 2pcs cymbal arm attatchment, 2pcs tom attatchment, tama stick bag, with 2 pairs of zildjian sticks, 1 pair hot rods, 1 pair mallet.

ANG HIRAP NG NANAKAWAN MGA TOL.. UMAASA PA DIN AKO NA BUMALIK MGA GAMIT KO. PLS BE WARNED NALANG PO.. BAKA ME MAGBENTA SA INYO, PKI PM NLANG PO AKO.

MODS, can you please lock this post and keep it up front for a while? thanks.

malapet ba yan sa Sikat Studio?
onetime yung brotherband namen nagpractice dun sa studio na un kasi nakacarpet ung loob nun kaya hindi pede nasa loob ung slippers/shoes e kya iniiwan outside the door pero kita naman kasi glass ung door, while their practicing may nakitang silang mga bata sa labas ng studio and they though that pinapanood lang sila tpos after nila magpractice nawawala slippers/shoes nila!! grabe pati un kinalakal ha!! aun naglakad sila pauwe ng nakapaa 2 pairs of slippers ata nakuha sakanila swerte nung iba hindi, walang nasabe ung may ari ng studio kasi ung shoes nya daw hindi naman nakuha e.. grabe!! :-) :-)
"It's better to be consistent drummer and slower than to be fast and sloppy"

Derek Roddy. . .

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 12:16:19 AM »
If you have the serial number of your Paiste crash, that could help.

Sorry to hear about your missing Paiste crash.

Unfortunately, I don't. I just remember the last two numbers being 87. I'll have to take note of my metals' serials now I guess.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:26 AM »
^ Not only your cymbals' serial numbers...  But also the serial numbers of your drums, electronics, and others.

So in case our gear gets stolen in the future (knock on wood), then later on it shows up on, say, a classified ad, on an event, or somewhere else, we can take a peek on its serial number.

It would be great if we document every item and equipment we own.  Take note of brand and model, specs (size, finish, etc.), distinct features (like for example, RIMS mounts on toms), serial numbers, and special marks (like for example, an engraving of your initials under the cymbal's bell).

Speaking of special marks, it would also be wise to label our equipment with our names...  Like a hard-to-remove sticker with our name on it...  Something like that.  The key is to make our personal equipment distinct.  Yung tipong kapag may nakakita nito, sasabihin ng isa, "Ah, kay bro sjon014 ito...".

Photos can help too.  Take photos of your gear, including close-ups of the serial numbers (as clear as possible).

Let's also be more vigilant, responsible, and aware of our surroundings.  For example, if we're gonna park our cars and our equipment is stored inside, let's make sure that we leave our car in a very safe and secure parking spot.  In my case, I always make it a point to park on a well-lighted spot, preferably with a security guard or watcher nearby.  And of course, I make sure that my vehicle is locked.  And I don't like sticking attractive decals on my car and on my cases and bags.  Because if a suspicious dude sees the stickers "Zildjian" or "DW" or whatever big-name brand, it can attract his/her attention.  Pwede nilang sabihin, "Ah, drummer ito..." or "Ah, magara siguro mga gamit nito."

Let's take all the necessary precautions in order to prevent possible theft and/or loss.  Money and investing on quality drum equipment is no joke, so let's take really good care of our equipment and pay more attention to all the details.

I hope some of my tips and ideas can help.
  :-)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:28:43 AM by drumster »

Offline 9_spiral

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
well said sir dio...buti na lang wala akong case ng pedals ko kaya sports bag na lang...mainit talaga sa mata ng magnanakaw ang mga gamit ng mga drummers kasi alam nilang bawat isa nito ay mahal...stand pa lang diba..makita kang may dala-dala nakatingin agad sa 'yo...

ako naman, when i bring my gear outside, lagi kong binabantayan...or kung iiwan ko lang for a while, ipapabantay ko sa bandmates ko or friends...ang lagi lang talagang nawawala sa akin ay drumkeys... :-D

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 02:20:32 AM »
FYI.. Some audio and sound providers are nagnenenok din ng cymbals..
i remembered a few years back na my nagprovide ng sound system..
tapos nagdala kame sariling cymbals.. ayun. tapos pagkatapos ng event..
hindi nacheck ng staff namin yung cymbals.. ang ginawa nung mga taga mobile?
sinama na sa cymbal collection nila yung cymbals namin.. the organizers of the event and the sound system guys ay nagturuan.. hay...
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline bobong

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2008, 06:48:59 PM »
Dami talagang magnanakaw ngaun..buti sana kung mananakawan kalang ,yung iba pagkatapos kang nakawan sasaksakin kapa...nakakatakot na talagang namirahan sa pilipinas..

Offline DumDrum

• Netizen Level
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2008, 07:30:45 PM »
Ako may ninakaw ako!  :lol: ninakaw ko yung 2-pcs.. 16" Avedis Crash, 1-straightstand, at 13" tom ng tito ko...  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

hahaha.. Nabubulok na kasi eh.. nakaka awa, sa sobrang napabayaan na talaga, nirestore ko at ayun, nung ipinakita ko sa kanya, Tuwang Tuwa.. :-D