hulika

Author Topic: Introducing AGUSTIN LAGON GUITARS of ILOILO CITY  (Read 21304 times)

Offline joesat

Introducing AGUSTIN LAGON GUITARS of ILOILO CITY
« on: December 25, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »
Hi to all my brothers in music....i would like to introduce our very own guitar luthier,musician and a friend mr agustin lagon from iloilo...he's famous in panay for being a guitar luthier and one of the countries bamboo guitar maker...there were lots of luthiers mention inthis site so i made a thread for him for you guys to know that he exist also (as what i promised to him)...heheh...if you drop by panay island especially iloilo, you could contact him to see his works or a project guitar maybe thru this number(033)5008569..his address is molo, iloilo city beside the church..use my name joem so he knows who referred to you...

most of his guitars are bamboo neckthrough body combined with wood depends on customers specs....he uses solid handcrafted stainless fretwires which he call pyramidal kind of fretting which could last a lifetime due to being stainless steel..and no refretting needed unless any accident happen on the fretboard...sad to say he dont have access to imported woods u may want so he only rely on our local woods around...he makes electric ang acoustic guitars and also repairs, repainting,refretting...etc...

the thrustrods he's using is also stainless steel and of his own design combined with reinforcements for a very tough neck against bends and twists. he's been featured also(longtime ago)by national geographic and discovery channel and local networks on his works...

too much for the bla bla bla...heres some pics..and more to follow....mabuhay ang mga pinoy luthiers...

this bamboo guitar was sent to japan already.. :-D

pyramidal fretting of stainless steel solid fretwires

semi hollow bamboo guitar

some paintjobs and refretting

more to follow...
the man himself

my cousin's bass 5 string with exotic "buri" fretboard

the logo

my prs inspired nckthrough..5 years na matibay parin..cheap hardware ngalang ksi wlang budget noon..heheh..

custom machine heads for bass

inlays

old stuff in worshop..34frets!!

my electrocaustic guitar made by him...tailor inspired...

5 string bass with custom bridge

body of 6 string fretless bass

archive pics..macro shot ko nlng
junior size semi hollow

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 08:57:51 AM by joesat »
successful deals w/: prank sinatra, bossingboss, alaala, dedma_walking, anodbiomech, boosted, god of war & stonelake, spankyrigor

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: AGUSTIN LAGON GUITARS
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 11:00:51 AM »
uber cool! More power to Filipino luthiers.  :-)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 11:02:52 AM »
i love that double cut in the last pic.. awesome looks..  :-)
ang ganda.. parang private stock PRS yung itsura..

Offline joesat

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »
i love that double cut in the last pic.. awesome looks..  :-)
ang ganda.. parang private stock PRS yung itsura..
nagagandahan nga rin ako sa pagkakabanat nyan sir..malaki na rin ang pinag improve ng matanda sa paintjob nya...
successful deals w/: prank sinatra, bossingboss, alaala, dedma_walking, anodbiomech, boosted, god of war & stonelake, spankyrigor

Offline ogagka0606

• Veteran Member
Re: Introducing AGUSTIN LAGON GUITARS of ILOILO CITY
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
acoustics lang po ba ginagawa niya? :D cool

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 11:58:18 AM »
Nice. More power sa mga Ilonggo.  :-)

Offline IncX

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 12:06:04 PM »

i wonder why bamboo though?... its not a rare wood, its very cheap and i dont know any popular guitar that uses it.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »

nope.. as seen from the pics and as read from the thread.. may solid body electrics din..

i wonder why bamboo though?... its not a rare wood, its very cheap and i dont know any popular guitar that uses it.

bambo is not even wood.. its grass..  :-)
i'm very intrigued by the material though.. i've read way back din about bamboo guitars.. pero i really haven't tried one personally..

Offline joesat

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »
bamboo bro because according to him it can withstand changes in temperature coz its a grass and bamboo have 7 musical frequencies compared to wood which has only one...yeah its cheap but  its rare coz it will take you 80 to 100 years to cut and use this wood for making guitar otherwise its still soft...heheh

peace..

Offline joesat

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 12:21:58 PM »
sir acoustic, electric, basses: 4, 5, 6 strings or even fretless gumagawa xa

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »
ang ganda sir. paki-sabi ang galing nya.  :-o
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline joesat

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »

maybe u should try one sir chino..specially bamboo acoustics..they sounds different...if im correct the guitarist of side A band had one from him...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:32:19 PM by joesat »

Offline joesat

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
ang ganda sir. paki-sabi ang galing nya.  :-o

hahah..yeah sure!

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
hahah..yeah sure!

mukhang swabe yung acoustic at yung prs copy mo. too bad i don't have time to go to iloilo anymore. data madalas ako sa UPV e. may soundclips ka sir nung dalawang gitara?
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline joesat

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »
mukhang swabe yung acoustic at yung prs copy mo. too bad i don't have time to go to iloilo anymore. data madalas ako sa UPV e. may soundclips ka sir nung dalawang gitara?
ganun ba?naku bro mejo hindi pa ako marunong sa uploadan thing e..heheh..ito nga lang pics ngayon ko lang nagawa...heheh..if it so happened na makarating ka ng iloilo ulit, just drop ka nlgn sa shop nya...merry christmas

Offline IncX

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »
bamboo bro because according to him it can withstand changes in temperature coz its a grass and bamboo have 7 musical frequencies compared to wood which has only one...yeah its cheap but  its rare coz it will take you 80 to 100 years to cut and use this wood for making guitar otherwise its still soft...heheh

peace..

i see... any foundation on his research? how did he know bamboo has 7 frequencies?... what are those frequencies anyway?

i have never heard about anything saying wood has 1 frequency... im not even sure if i read about frequencies while reading about tone wood and stuff.

and wow... 100 year old bamboo ummm tree-grass ... that must be something... i actually thought bamboo doesnt live that long.

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »
The distinct characteristics of bamboo are that it is pliant and adaptable. It is capable of being shaped, bent, or flexed and can easily be altered or modified to fit conditions, specifically as to what have been mentioned earlier: "withstand changes in temperature" :wink:

Offline joesat

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
i see... any foundation on his research? how did he know bamboo has 7 frequencies?... what are those frequencies anyway?

i have never heard about anything saying wood has 1 frequency... im not even sure if i read about frequencies while reading about tone wood and stuff.

and wow... 100 year old bamboo ummm tree-grass ... that must be something... i actually thought bamboo doesnt live that long.
sorry bro. we have a mis understanding hir..wat im refering to 100 year old is the wood of the fret board which we call hir "buri"..heheh..the bamboo he uses range from 5-6 years old
about the research, he and his brother who is a physics instructor in ateneo had the research so im sorry bro i cannot add further details on that...peace

Offline joesat

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »
The distinct characteristics of bamboo are that it is pliant and adaptable. It is capable of being shaped, bent, or flexed and can easily be altered or modified to fit conditions, specifically as to what have been mentioned earlier: "withstand changes in temperature" :wink:

may tama ka!haha..well said bro

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »
Nakakabano yung bamboo acoustic. :-o
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline joesat

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 03:36:28 PM »
Nakakabano yung bamboo acoustic. :-o

ano ibig sabihin ng nakakabano?heheh..

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »
just got off the phone with him. got a quote. but the problem is he doesnt have an email address i could send my specs and template to. is there anyone (including the TS) who could help me get in touch with him better (especially with my design)?

@ TS: you got a pm.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
wow! sana madali s'yang puntahan  :lol:

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 04:28:27 PM »
ano ibig sabihin ng nakakabano?heheh..

Na-amaze.
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 04:31:51 PM »
Dumadami na luthiers natin! Let's support them all.   :-)