hulika

Author Topic: A.R.T. Tubefire 8  (Read 1087 times)

Offline planters

A.R.T. Tubefire 8
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:42:56 PM »

Offline nolit

• Veteran Member
Re: A.R.T. Tubefire 8
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:55:19 AM »
Its features says
# 8 x quality second-generation discrete Class–A vacuum tube microphone preamps
# 8 x XLR & 1/4-inch TRS Combi-jack Inputs
# 2 x Additional Front mounted 1/4-inch instrument inputs (CH1 & 2)
# 8 x 1/4-inch TRS balanced Outputs
# 1 x 1/4-inch TRS headphone jack
# 8 x Input Gain / Channel Level / HPF / Phase Invert
# 8 x Channel Metering (4 bar led graph w/ clip indicator)

So that would mean it has 8 inputs (xlr-trs combi jacks inputs all with phantom power) and 8 outputs (TRS balanced outputs). as seen in this rear view picture.

A really nice product especially when you are planning to track 8tracks of drums. How much is this and is it available locally?

Offline planters

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
A really nice product especially when you are planning to track 8tracks of drums. How much is this and is it available locally?

thanks sir nolit for the wisdom, same question here, sino ba distributor na pwedeng sumagot nito sana may maglabas nito  :|

Offline nolit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 06:50:24 AM »
Not in comparison as the tube preamp features of that A.R.T. but with similar function is this locally available behringer product: ADA8000

However instead of firewire, this one is ADAT. And you get the IMP microphone preamps of behringer technology (for which I have yet to comprehend what ever it means  :-o). This one is locally available at around P18T (last time I asked) from various behringer local stores.

But then you will need an optical ADAT port on your PC. I am not sure if there are ADAT PCI cards available, but there are some usb and PCI audio interface with that option. I am using EMU 1820m which has a PCI card that carries ADAT. I can use ADA8000 to track 8 tracks of acoustic drums direct to my PC without the need for an 8bus mixer.

Behringer has one discontinued product B-CONTROL AUDIO BCA2000 which you can not only get a fader control and two analog inputs via USB but also ADAT input and output options.

I am sure other brands such as Alesis, digidesign or maudio has better similar products than this.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:00:43 AM by nolit »

Offline planters

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 07:42:44 AM »
Not in comparison as the tube preamp features of that A.R.T. but with similar function is this locally available behringer product: ADA8000

However instead of firewire, this one is ADAT. And you get the IMP microphone preamps of behringer technology (for which I have yet to comprehend what ever it means  :-o). This one is locally available at around P18T (last time I asked) from various behringer local stores.

But then you will need an optical ADAT port on your PC. I am not sure if there are ADAT PCI cards available, but there are some usb and PCI audio interface with that option. I am using EMU 1820m which has a PCI card that carries ADAT. I can use ADA8000 to track 8 tracks of acoustic drums direct to my PC without the need for an 8bus mixer.

Behringer has one discontinued product B-CONTROL AUDIO BCA2000 which you can not only get a fader control and two analog inputs via USB but also ADAT input and output options.

I am sure other brands such as Alesis, digidesign or maudio has better similar products than this.

oh this is familiar to me, nakakita na nga ako nito gamit ng kaibigan ko si billy (kiko machine) sa isa nyang studio dati, ang ginamit nya ata dito is an m-audio delta 1010LT  :-D