The Musician Forums > Music Technology & Pro Audio

DIY Acoustics and Soundproofing Thread

<< < (3/127) > >>

TheHunter:
are there any acoustic simulation software available?

Direk:

--- Quote from: TheHunter on November 28, 2006, 10:03:23 PM ---are there any acoustic simulation software available?

--- End quote ---

Lots. Like this one- http://www.cara.de/ENU/index.php?load=cara-raumakustik-simulation.html

mikep:
There are several, but you should be careful with these acoustic simulations and software.  They are just tools that you use.  An understanding (again) of the basics is necessary to fully make use of these elements.  Read on and study some more.  Books of F. Alton Everest on acoustics are very nice reads.

FWIW

Agent_So:
mga sir, anu bang magandang pang soundproof sa pinto?? im thinking of using 4inch thick styro... would that do the job? advise mga sir thanks.!

regarding dun sa mga ginawa kong basstrap, as i can see it has big effect sa low frequency dampening pero di ko pa talaga matest gaano siya ka effective..

anyways, eto lang pansin ko sa room ngayon, sa key of "A" ngba-vibrate yung mga glass windows.. anu kaya ibig sabihin nun?

btw, yung room is not yet fully acoustic, kulang pa sa buget eh.. pero yung initial na mga nilagay kong sound absorbers, does the job well...

anyways, i hope you can help me in soundproofing my door... kaya naiisip ko na styro kasi mas solid siya sa foam... what do you think guys?

mikep:

--- Quote from: Agent_So on December 26, 2006, 01:02:55 PM ---mga sir, anu bang magandang pang soundproof sa pinto?? im thinking of using 4inch thick styro... would that do the job?

regarding dun sa mga ginawa kong basstrap, as i can see it has big effect sa low frequency dampening pero di ko pa talaga matest gaano siya ka effective..

anyways, eto lang pansin ko sa room ngayon, sa key of "A" ngba-vibrate yung mga glass windows.. anu kaya ibig sabihin nun?

btw, yung room is not yet fully acoustic, kulang pa sa buget eh.. pero yung initial na mga nilagay kong sound absorbers, does the job well...

anyways, i hope you can help me in soundproofing my door... kaya naiisip ko na styro kasi mas solid siya sa foam... what do you think guys?

--- End quote ---

Styro is not a good sound stopper.  It can probably absorb sound, but for doors, you need mass.  You can do a sandwiched type door, with different facing thicknesses.  Then, you have to put a lot of rubber stripping around the door and jamb.  The door is a weak link, and it surely is a source of sound seeping through another room.  The technique is to build a sound lock.

Regarding your glass vibrating, that means your glass window is resonating at that frequency.  First, you have to put silicon caulking around the edges of the glass to secure it well.  Second, you have to make sure the measurement and thickness of the glass will not vibrate and resonate at that frequency.  It's either you make the glass thicker or make the size smaller.

Acoustics is not an easy thing.  You need understanding of basic physics - the characterics of sound, etc.  You can experiment but you also have to study by reading books and other acoustic articles or materials.  If you do not know what you're doing, you'll be wasting lots of money.

Good luck.

FWIW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version