hulika

Author Topic: VOX Pathfinder 15R - Review anyone?  (Read 163504 times)

Offline yetsky

Offline jannten

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: VOX Pathfinder 15R - Review anyone?
« Reply #876 on: June 14, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »
nagbabalak sana ako tumingin neto tas nagbackread discontinued na pala. hehe. ano ngaun ang nasa same price range ng Vox amps ngaun? mga less 10k. hehe,

tsaka question lang. naka voiced ba ung mga solid state vox amps dun sa sikat nilang ac30?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #877 on: June 14, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »
nagbabalak sana ako tumingin neto tas nagbackread discontinued na pala. hehe. ano ngaun ang nasa same price range ng Vox amps ngaun? mga less 10k. hehe,

tsaka question lang. naka voiced ba ung mga solid state vox amps dun sa sikat nilang ac30?

Mismo yung Valve Reactor for AC sounds.  :-)

Offline aHeartThatNeverFade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #878 on: June 19, 2013, 04:31:58 AM »
Mismo yung Valve Reactor for AC sounds.  :-)

Have a bit regret nung pagkabili ko ng bandit, may valve reactor ka pala. Hahahaha
For He satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness. -Psalms 107:9

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #879 on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »
Parang meron na ulit ako nakiktang PF15 sa classified pero yung VR talaga mukhang masarap hehe >:D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
Parang meron na ulit ako nakiktang PF15 sa classified pero yung VR talaga mukhang masarap hehe >:D

Nung isang araw may PF15R na 3500 lang.  :wave:

Have a bit regret nung pagkabili ko ng bandit, may valve reactor ka pala. Hahahaha

Sayang!! Pero mukhang malapit na iretract yung AC15VR.  :-)

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »
Nung isang araw may PF15R na 3500 lang.  :wave:

wahaha nabenta agad? Di ko alam na pwede lagyan ng external cab yung pf15 noobs :wink: sana pala nung madami nun kumuha na ko ng isa. <_<

Offline aHeartThatNeverFade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2013, 08:28:49 PM »

Nakow. Ano ba yan...! I wanna buy it tuloy. Pwede bang meet up? Hahahaha
For He satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness. -Psalms 107:9

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2013, 11:00:40 PM »
wahaha nabenta agad? Di ko alam na pwede lagyan ng external cab yung pf15 noobs :wink: sana pala nung madami nun kumuha na ko ng isa. <_<

Not sure bro if nabenta na, di ko na binalikan yung thread.  :-)

Nakow. Ano ba yan...! I wanna buy it tuloy. Pwede bang meet up? Hahahaha

Hahaha. Punta ka dito sa Los Baņos, Martin.  :wave:

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #884 on: May 20, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »
Forgive me for bumping up an old thread.

As I look back on this thread, I've posted a lot pala about the PF but I haven't owned one before. Naalala ko pa na ang nagamit ko pa nun ay yung kay Kuya Chino. Tapos mga once or twice lang ata yun? *yikes* Haha. But now, meron na din ako sa wakas. After several years, I was able to score a used one.

And my cat seems to love it :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211809591888125&l=a4185343c8
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:16:04 PM by albumin »
Ibanez GRGA11 - Buskers Tele - Vox Pathfinder 15R - Maxon GX10

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #885 on: May 20, 2017, 11:29:12 PM »
Forgive me for bumping up an old thread.

As I look back on this thread, I've posted a lot pala about the PF but I haven't owned one before. Naalala ko pa na ang nagamit ko pa nun ay yung kay Kuya Chino. Tapos mga once or twice lang ata yun? *yikes* Haha. But now, meron na din ako sa wakas. After several years, I was able to score a used one.

And my cat seems to love it :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211809591888125&l=a4185343c8

HNAD Jomar! :)

Now that you actually own one, what do you think about it? I'm on the lookout for a PF15 as well, though not urgent, I'm very happy with the AC15 I have now.. however, the PF15 is still one nice compact amp to have.

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #886 on: May 21, 2017, 02:18:32 AM »
HNAD Jomar! :)

Now that you actually own one, what do you think about it? I'm on the lookout for a PF15 as well, though not urgent, I'm very happy with the AC15 I have now.. however, the PF15 is still one nice compact amp to have.

Mejo ineexplore ko pa din yung amp. I forgot na din kasi yung exp ko with your PF15R before. But I'm impressed with what I heard from the amp. Decent clean sound. Is it really "Voxy"? I can't say that it really is --- but there is a recognizable small resemblance. Usable yung bass and treble knobs to mold your sound.

So far, I'm loving the reverb and the tremolo. Mejo subtle yung effect pero you can hear naman when you dime the knobs. I'm pretty much new with using the two effects (tremolo and reverb) as I usually play with just overdrive/distortion to add color to my sound. Mejo narealize ko na kung bakit dapat mejo "wet" yung tunog mo as a player. (well, relative pa din from player to player)

Siguro the biggest disappointment I have with the amp is the boost function. IIUC, the boost button engages the drive channel of the amp. But (for me), meh. I can't get a usable sound. Pero, still not conclusive about it. I'd like to give consideration to the guitar I'm using with the amp. Baka panget lang din talaga yung pickups (or guitar as a whole) kaya di ako makakuha ng maayos na tunog.

Which leads me, may dadalhin ako sayo Kuya. Hehe. I'll send you a PM about it sa FB. :)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #887 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:18 PM »
Mejo ineexplore ko pa din yung amp. I forgot na din kasi yung exp ko with your PF15R before. But I'm impressed with what I heard from the amp. Decent clean sound. Is it really "Voxy"? I can't say that it really is --- but there is a recognizable small resemblance. Usable yung bass and treble knobs to mold your sound.

So far, I'm loving the reverb and the tremolo. Mejo subtle yung effect pero you can hear naman when you dime the knobs. I'm pretty much new with using the two effects (tremolo and reverb) as I usually play with just overdrive/distortion to add color to my sound. Mejo narealize ko na kung bakit dapat mejo "wet" yung tunog mo as a player. (well, relative pa din from player to player)

Siguro the biggest disappointment I have with the amp is the boost function. IIUC, the boost button engages the drive channel of the amp. But (for me), meh. I can't get a usable sound. Pero, still not conclusive about it. I'd like to give consideration to the guitar I'm using with the amp. Baka panget lang din talaga yung pickups (or guitar as a whole) kaya di ako makakuha ng maayos na tunog.

Which leads me, may dadalhin ako sayo Kuya. Hehe. I'll send you a PM about it sa FB. :)

Haha. You're not the only one who feels the same regarding the boost function. The sound gets fatter pero kahit ako nahirapan mag dial ng gusto kong tunog.

You have to try it thru a 1x12 cab (or 2x12).. you'll be surprised how big sounding it can get for a 15-watter.  :-)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #888 on: May 22, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »
Haha. You're not the only one who feels the same regarding the boost function. The sound gets fatter pero kahit ako nahirapan mag dial ng gusto kong tunog.

You have to try it thru a 1x12 cab (or 2x12).. you'll be surprised how big sounding it can get for a 15-watter.  :-)

That goes to show that an amp's bigness comes more from the speaker size/number and the cab construction more than the wattage. A 100-watt amp is only 8.23 db louder than a 15-watt amp anyway.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #889 on: May 22, 2017, 06:03:21 PM »

ah pwede pala? [gooey brown stuff] I forgot about the out sa likod. susubukan ko mamaya. hahaha

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #890 on: May 22, 2017, 10:37:27 PM »
That goes to show that an amp's bigness comes more from the speaker size/number and the cab construction more than the wattage. A 100-watt amp is only 8.23 db louder than a 15-watt amp anyway.

TIL ^

Thank you for that. Now I'm gassing for a cabinet extension. :)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #891 on: May 22, 2017, 10:43:23 PM »
 :-D

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212981774364867&id=1406862491

here's mine. the 12" added lows and fullness the sound. i had a pair of old starvox 12" which fit perfectly inside the combo. of course i didnt use the speaker on the pic, pang measure lang

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #892 on: May 22, 2017, 11:00:28 PM »
:-D

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212981774364867&id=1406862491

here's mine. the 12" added lows and fullness the sound. i had a pair of old starvox 12" which fit perfectly inside the combo. of course i didnt use the speaker on the pic, pang measure lang

Uy! Do you have a soundclip or a sample recording of the amp with the replacement speaker? Pariniiiiig. Haha. I was actually reading about replacements for the stock speaker. Nabasa ko nga yung tungkol sa Starvox dito din sa PM. Kaso parang wala na daw atang available na ganyan? Yung mga Dai-ichi na lang daw and Targa? Mejo curious talaga ako on how they will perform with the PF.

Pero I might not go with the rerouting of the baffle. Pagawa na lang or bili ng external cabinet without speaker tapos try ko yung cheaper alternatives na 12in speaker sa market. Sayang yung itsura ng amp. lol. May external output naman. Gamitin ko na lang. haha

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #893 on: May 22, 2017, 11:42:32 PM »
wala pa proper recording e. tsaka it still looks like stock after my mod. you will never know it has a 12" until you look at the back.

tested it once then i had my friend use it for our radio guesting. medyo lubog nga lang yung guitar sa mix kasi masyadong compressed yung tunog sa radio kaya na emphasize masyado yung bass at drums. pero kaya nya makipagsabayan talaga at balanced kami sa loob ng booth

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1331056323615419&id=151579708229759
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:45:33 PM by peeves24 »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #894 on: May 23, 2017, 12:13:44 AM »

Take it with a grain of salt when comparing bro. :)
While the 15-watt amp with an 8" combo will sound dramatically bigger thru a 1x12 or 2x12 extension cab, it can no way compete with a 100-watt amp driving the same speaker or cab. The higher wattage amp and cab will be pushing more air and will sound A LOT CLEANER AND CLEARER at high (or the same) volumes.

I've tried hooking up a Marshall MG10 on a 2x12 cab and it sounded pleasantly nice. Same goes for the Pathfinder. However, plug thru both and have the other guitarist plug thru a higher wattage amp thru the same speaker configuration, ibang-iba ang dating. Mas malinis ang cleans, mas malinis ang distortion.

And I think the 8.23db difference in volume is enough to drown the 15-watter in a rock band context.

ah pwede pala? [gooey brown stuff] I forgot about the out sa likod. susubukan ko mamaya. hahaha

Yup. May extension speaker out yung Pathfinder. :)
A friend of mine has one and runs it thru a 1x12 cab (which I made) with an Eminence Red,White,&Blues.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:47:43 AM by r_chino18 »

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #895 on: May 23, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »
Take it with a grain of salt when comparing bro. :)
While the 15-watt amp with an 8" combo will sound dramatically bigger thru a 1x12 or 2x12 extension cab, it can no way compete with a 100-watt amp driving the same speaker or cab. The higher wattage amp and cab will be pushing more air and will sound A LOT CLEANER AND CLEARER at high (or the same) volumes.

I've tried hooking up a Marshall MG10 on a 2x12 cab and it sounded pleasantly nice. Same goes for the Pathfinder. However, plug thru both and have the other guitarist plug thru a higher wattage amp thru the same speaker configuration, ibang-iba ang dating. Mas malinis ang cleans, mas malinis ang distortion.

And I think the 8.23db difference in volume is enough to drown the 15-watter in a rock band context.

Yup. May extension speaker out yung Pathfinder. :)
A friend of mine has one and runs it thru a 1x12 cab (which I made) with an Eminence Red,White,&Blues.

kamusta naman daw tunog?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #896 on: May 23, 2017, 06:48:35 PM »
kamusta naman daw tunog?

Suffice to say, I have his other amp now (a 20-watt tube combo) because he can live with the Vox and 1x12 cab alone.  :lol: