hulika

Author Topic: Musicians Unite!  (Read 16055 times)

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
Musicians Unite!
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »
We may have different music, different views about genres, different influences but we're all under the same cause.

We all want to be heard.

So why dont we all help each other by establishing a base organization of bands that are in constant contact with each other. If you have gigs that you know of post it here, post your band contact information here and lets form a network of bands that help each other.

Im thinking of putting up a group of bands that organizes their own gigs, so if anyone is interested in helping out, speak up. I am not sure how to start it yet that is why I welcome suggestions. The idea is to seek out help from fellow bands or if possible some established productions/organizations , or venues, it could be through sponsors I dont know, this may not be a fresh idea since I figured that some group already started it (e.g. Feel Music, Middle Class), but if you are willing to help I will really appreciate if you can lend me your thoughts.

-Jay
Carpe Diem
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:00:29 PM by Glass Onion »

Offline Boomerang

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Musicians Unite!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:40:33 AM »

Band Name: T.A.S.A (The Authority Sucks Again)

Band Name: The Kickouts

Band Name: Breastfeed

suportahan ka namin contact mo lang mga yan

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »
we do have a group like this, we called it feel music we organize our own gigs.  our gig skeds are open for line up and is posted in this forum.

you might want to check our thread and if you like, you can join us.

no genre restrictions, music is music whichever way you put it. :mrgreen:

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »
I suggest building a Myspace group of artists.

I also have Flash Mob (formerly called Weng Weng), a production that aims to help upcoming bands get at par with known bands.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:14:52 PM by Gep »

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »
I suggest building a Myspace group of artists.

I also have Flash Mob (formerly called Weng Weng), a production that aims to help upcoming bands get at par with known bands.

so I guess you'll be willing to help right?

What about the myspace thing? Ano yung idea mo dun?

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 01:39:21 PM »
Band Name: T.A.S.A (The Authority Sucks Again)

Band Name: The Kickouts

Band Name: Breastfeed

suportahan ka namin contact mo lang mga yan

ok salamat pre! mga tagasaang area kayo?

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 01:52:59 PM »
so I guess you'll be willing to help right?

What about the myspace thing? Ano yung idea mo dun?

Willing to help talaga. I myself need all the help I can get for my prod.

Yung Myspace idea, basically, let all bands with Myspace accounts gather in an exclusive group. Then they can post their gigs there.

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 03:41:50 PM »
Willing to help talaga. I myself need all the help I can get for my prod.

Yung Myspace idea, basically, let all bands with Myspace accounts gather in an exclusive group. Then they can post their gigs there.

okay, that's good for a first step. suggest ka na din ng name for the group pare... if may mga kakilala ka dito na banda, kindly encourage them to reply and give their view dito sa thread. I noticed na meron na palang ibang grupo like this and that's good. I dont intend to compete with them but I dont want to join them either, in the future baka nga pwede pa tayo magcollaborate. Let's just take one step at a time and try to think of what we can do to help aspiring artists out there and at the same time makatulong na din sa mga production like yours.

We dont have a myspace account yet so I think I'll have to set up one.

Again, thank you Gep!

Offline adidas ni hudas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 04:41:27 PM »
PUBLIKSKUL
ALT/ROCK

BASTA RAK EN ROLAN SAMA KAMI DYAN !!
i passed my drugtest !!    "get high legally"   "live positive..test negative"

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »
PUBLIKSKUL
ALT/ROCK

BASTA RAK EN ROLAN SAMA KAMI DYAN !!

salamat! oy pare sabay pala tayo sa Sept 24 sa 6underground!!! Kita na lang tayo dun!! Carpe Diem pangalan ng band ko.

Offline jobs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 11:05:02 PM »
pde din ba makasali ang antigo dito?

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »
pde din ba makasali ang antigo dito?

Sure pare, as of now, we're still on the planning stage. Makakatulong siguro kung madami na tayo tapos welcome ang lahat magbato ng ideas. With due respect to Feel Music, I think kung kaya nila kaya din natin and who knows in the future pag may malaking project pwede tayong magcollaborate diba? Sa ngayon We're building contacts and resources tapos iconceptualize natin ung mga plano ng grupo.

Offline adidas ni hudas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 12:11:34 AM »
salamat! oy pare sabay pala tayo sa Sept 24 sa 6underground!!! Kita na lang tayo dun!! Carpe Diem pangalan ng band ko.

AYUZ !!
i passed my drugtest !!    "get high legally"   "live positive..test negative"

Offline KuyaKurt

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 09:43:09 AM »
puwede sumama mga matatanda? hahahaha

Kada

KuyaKurt na lang po...wakokokokz
The circle is now complete...
When I left you I was but a learner,
Now I am the MASTER.

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »
puwede sumama mga matatanda? hahahaha

Kada

KuyaKurt na lang po...wakokokokz

Sure, the more the merrier saka kailangan din po namin ng input lalo na from experienced musicians. :-)

Offline jobs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 11:35:47 PM »
walang problema. tulungan lng tyo.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 06:56:37 AM »
Sure pare, as of now, we're still on the planning stage. Makakatulong siguro kung madami na tayo tapos welcome ang lahat magbato ng ideas. With due respect to Feel Music, I think kung kaya nila kaya din natin and who knows in the future pag may malaking project pwede tayong magcollaborate diba? Sa ngayon We're building contacts and resources tapos iconceptualize natin ung mga plano ng grupo.

kaya yan pare.just build solid contacts and a solid vision.failures and set backs are all part of the process,as well as falling out of members.
sa feel music,mga independent spirit lang kami.sa midclass mga underground bands naman na solid din.also we take advice from experienced musicians na nag pupursige sa eksena,like sir erwin of konkrete ink.
lastly, its good na may mga musicians na nakakarealize the need to organize.sana wag lang sa manila,sana wag lang tayo tayo.sana wag lang puro tugtog.sana may purpose din,may social redeeming value. otherwise its just going to be a passing hobby.
btw we are inviting you and the rest ofthe people here to join feel music or network with us.sana makapag connect din tayo with other musicians in other genres,or in our case other plces other than manila.
keep it up.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline carloroman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
"Looking through the bent backed tulips to see how the other half live, looking through a GLASS ONION!"

haha! I'd be willing to help.. by any means necessary :-D

Ano ba plano, form ng group ng banda na mgo-organize ng production team for gigs? pwede!!

Anyway, game band ko!

Band name: Pancit Anton

Members: Carlo Roman (vocalist, guitar)
               Anton Domingo (back ups, lead)
               Miguel Jose (back ups, bass)
               Pancho Jose (drums, dancer)

apir to musicians!!

-Carlo
We all want to change the world...

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 01:43:40 PM »
kaya yan pare.just build solid contacts and a solid vision.failures and set backs are all part of the process,as well as falling out of members.
sa feel music,mga independent spirit lang kami.sa midclass mga underground bands naman na solid din.also we take advice from experienced musicians na nag pupursige sa eksena,like sir erwin of konkrete ink.
lastly, its good na may mga musicians na nakakarealize the need to organize.sana wag lang sa manila,sana wag lang tayo tayo.sana wag lang puro tugtog.sana may purpose din,may social redeeming value. otherwise its just going to be a passing hobby.
btw we are inviting you and the rest ofthe people here to join feel music or network with us.sana makapag connect din tayo with other musicians in other genres,or in our case other plces other than manila.
keep it up.

oo naman pare, yun nga din ang isa sa mga aim ko, yung makapagestablish ng network na magtutulungan. when i proposed this idea, i knew from the start that there are people who probably have thought of this idea first and its really good to know na meron na palang mga established like Feel Music. I intend to collaborate and if its possible kapag madami na tayong tao and resources. Makapagmerge tayo and gather more musicians. And isa din sa mga aim ko e magproduce ng mga shows that would promote or support social awareness. Saka yung pwede nating gawing tool ang musika to forward changes, ok din ako sa mga concerts for a cause etc.  Onga pala, we'll be at Nine Mile this Saturday, prod ng Banda Bandila kasama yung band ko. Baka nandun ka din, Lets meet and talk, para din makahingi pa ko ng mga ideas from you. Salamat pare! Im looking forward to working with you in the future.

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 01:53:40 PM »
"Looking through the bent backed tulips to see how the other half live, looking through a GLASS ONION!"

haha! I'd be willing to help.. by any means necessary :-D

Ano ba plano, form ng group ng banda na mgo-organize ng production team for gigs? pwede!!

Anyway, game band ko!

Band name: Pancit Anton

Members: Carlo Roman (vocalist, guitar)
               Anton Domingo (back ups, lead)
               Miguel Jose (back ups, bass)
               Pancho Jose (drums, dancer)

apir to musicians!!

-Carlo

As of now, yun muna. The idea is form an organization composed of musicians that are primarily helping each other. Hinde lang to promote or mag-organize ng gigs, but to promote social awareness. Music is a powerful tool, sayang kung di natin magagamit. But as previously mentioned, nasa planning stage pa lang tayo. Wala pang kongretong plano. As of now, we're trying to gather as much feedback and interested musicians that are willing to help, we can get. Mas madami mas ok. Open din tayo for collaboration or possible merge with established orgs that have the same cause as we have. Pero that's in the future pa siguro. Sa ngayon, your thoughts/ideas and commitment to help muna ang importante. By the time na makakuha na tayo ng enough members or volunteers, we'll all gather to and talk about formally launching the group. So please forward this thread or encourage nyo yung mga musicians out there to visit this thread and post their opinions. e.g. what they want out of the group, and how they intend to help (do they want to actively participate in executing the plans or mga helpers/performers) Let us know what you want your role to be.

Salamat!

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 01:54:48 PM »
oo naman pare, yun nga din ang isa sa mga aim ko, yung makapagestablish ng network na magtutulungan. when i proposed this idea, i knew from the start that there are people who probably have thought of this idea first and its really good to know na meron na palang mga established like Feel Music. I intend to collaborate and if its possible kapag madami na tayong tao and resources. Makapagmerge tayo and gather more musicians. And isa din sa mga aim ko e magproduce ng mga shows that would promote or support social awareness. Saka yung pwede nating gawing tool ang musika to forward changes, ok din ako sa mga concerts for a cause etc.  Onga pala, we'll be at Nine Mile this Saturday, prod ng Banda Bandila kasama yung band ko. Baka nandun ka din, Lets meet and talk, para din makahingi pa ko ng mga ideas from you. Salamat pare! Im looking forward to working with you in the future.

the mindset is that we are not that good enough,so always constantly improving and changing yung mode at yung process.feel music is, to say the least borne out of frustration with how the scene is going.bakit kailanagan ng palakasan para tumugtog?bakit may ticket selling?bakit may mga utak rockstar pa din?bakit may mga tao na kanya kanaya pa din yung isip?
we are not yet established as you may think,but i might have found a way to make it work.the secret?usap tayo pare.it might be plain boneheadedness in our part not to sell tickets at our gigs but we are still here despite hundreds of loads lost because of contacting bands and people to come at our shows,despite the fact,sadly na minsan mga banda din yung sumisira sa pangalan nila by not being professional and what not.

anyway,my motto if i may is no bs in the bizness,pwede rin to:

id rather aim for the stars and fail,than aim for the gutter and make it.

btw bandila prod is my friend lemuels prod, a very good man and members of both feel music and middle class collectives.

cge network tayo pare,pag igihin. :mrgreen:
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
the mindset is that we are not that good enough,so always constantly improving and changing yung mode at yung process.feel music is, to say the least borne out of frustration with how the scene is going.bakit kailanagan ng palakasan para tumugtog?bakit may ticket selling?bakit may mga utak rockstar pa din?bakit may mga tao na kanya kanaya pa din yung isip?
we are not yet established as you may think,but i might have found a way to make it work.the secret?usap tayo pare.it might be plain boneheadedness in our part not to sell tickets at our gigs but we are still here despite hundreds of loads lost because of contacting bands and people to come at our shows,despite the fact,sadly na minsan mga banda din yung sumisira sa pangalan nila by not being professional and what not.

anyway,my motto if i may is no bs in the bizness,pwede rin to:

id rather aim for the stars and fail,than aim for the gutter and make it.

btw bandila prod is my friend lemuels prod, a very good man and members of both feel music and middle class collectives.

cge network tayo pare,pag igihin. :mrgreen:

Salamat, salamat! Bow ako sa mga motto mo! We're on the same boat.

Sana makadalaw kayo sa Sabado para makapagmeet tayo. Para makilala mo na din yung banda namin. (Carpe Diem)

Salamat ule!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:53:45 PM by Glass Onion »

Offline tiyowoy

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »
AMEN!!!

I've seen a lot to know
That it's a sin not to know

Offline tiyowoy

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 03:32:45 PM »
I'll quote bakit? with my comments

"the mindset is that we are not that good enough,so always constantly improving and changing yung mode at yung process" - Yup. Learning doesn't end. Pag sinabi mo sa sarili mo na magaling ka na at you don't need new stuff or improvement, you are doomed!

"bakit kailangan ng palakasan para tumugtog?" - Usually (pero di lahat ah..) yung mga banda na dinadaan sa palakasan ang pagtugtog eh yun ang mga walang talent. Kaya nga kailangan ng backer di ba? Kasi kumbaga di qualified. Parang gobyerno natin noh?

"bakit may ticket selling?" - bread and butter for some, others for greed, and still others kasi kailangan lang talaga.

"bakit may mga utak rockstar pa din?" - believe me, di mawawala mga ganitong klase ng "musicians", we might as well learn to live with these kind of breed

"bakit may mga tao na kanya kanya pa din yung isip?" - because they think they can reach the top without the help of others. Ang thinking nila "Magaling kami. We don't need others. Our talent is sufficient to make us successful."
I've seen a lot to know
That it's a sin not to know

Offline jobs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 11:16:08 PM »
sana magtulungan tayo... para sa musika... para sa bayan...