PhilMusic.com Announcements & Feedback > Forum Inquiries & Suggestions

Site Upgrade *merged*

<< < (2/45) > >>

trem3:
ayus much much better... THANK YOU...

Jim Ayson:

--- Quote from: TheEdge on October 31, 2006, 12:41:22 PM ---sa akin down pa forbiden pa rin, gumamit lang ako ng proxy server pra maka access

suggestion lang, bakit kaya hindi nalang disable un image as signature kasi kahit paano kumakain din ng bandwidth yun? lalo na ang lalaki prang edsa :D suggestion lang naman :)

--- End quote ---

Edge, we actually pointed the philmusic.com domain to a totally new server - this one is in California :) The old one was somewhere in the east coast. It takes about 48 hrs (ah tama ba chette) for a new domain pointer to propagate throughout the Internet. When I was trying to access the board from my office network in the morning I was still getting the "forbidden" message but on a nearby wifi hotspot, all clear.

About the signatures - it's just a matter of discipline on the part of the users - some guys just insist on putting large billboard type sigs no mater how we suggest restraint or suggest appropriate sizes (468 x 60 pixels maximum). We can ban graphics in sigs altogether though - i think that is an option in the admin section.

About bandwidth use of sigs, that doesn't affect our server because the graphics are being pulled from someplace else (imagebucket, etc.) but it does affect the board design and also the time it takes for you to download the page. 

So if everyone cooperates in reducing the size of sig graphics, all well and good. If not... well, we'll see what we can do :)

Jim Ayson:

--- Quote from: xavier on October 31, 2006, 11:43:39 PM ---wala pa po ba yung philmusic blog?  :lol:

--- End quote ---

Nope - that's a low priority at the moment. The talk.philmusic.com migration took top billing. Same thing with photos.philmusic.com - down at the moment while we upgrade the gallery software to something more current. In time, in time...

I think the main reason this board gets the attention is that when it goes down, in just 5 minutes people manage to bug us non stop through text, email, and IM to get it back up... sheesh!!  :evil:

Direk:
hi admin chette,
    this one for the new theme; WOW! as in BIGTIME!great looks indeed.

cheers,
Direk

chette:

--- Quote from: xavier ---wala pa po ba yung philmusic blog?  :lol:

--- End quote ---

Sandale lang po ... photos muna daw :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version