hulika

Author Topic: Inf3 and Inf4  (Read 7031 times)

Offline cnevin08

Inf3 and Inf4
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »
ang alam ko po merun ng ganitong thread..kaso di ko na mahanap..hehe

ano po ba masasabi nyo about these pickups?.tnx

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Inf3 and Inf4
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »
INF 3 and 4 user here(on my ibby 370dx, had no time and budget to upgrade its pickups :lol:)

some of my short thoughts:
on clean: its too gritty but rolling back the volume will help clean up its grit and harshness
on dist: i like lots of treble in my mix but when you mix it in your eq, turn down the treble and push the bass up, see where it goes from there(depending on the distortion you will use) :-D

overall: its good enough for my taste, a lot will say that these pickups suck, but they just need to learn to tweak it more and tame it more :-D

but id rather go with Dimarzios :mrgreen:
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
but id rather go with Dimarzios :mrgreen:

Or Seymour Duncan. hehe.

I found them to be really sterile and muddy, either clean or with gain. Same goes for the INF1 and 2, though they have more bite and are better than the INF3 and 4. The only Ibanez pickups that I like are the V series. V7 and 8 are good, but I found that the V1 and V2 (alnico magnets) are better than them all.  :-D

You'll replace them sooner or later. 

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »
Or Seymour Duncan. hehe.

I found them to be really sterile and muddy, either clean or with gain. Same goes for the INF1 and 2, though they have more bite and are better than the INF3 and 4. The only Ibanez pickups that I like are the V series. V7 and 8 are good, but I found that the V1 and V2 (alnico magnets) are better than them all.  :-D

You'll replace them sooner or later. 
lets go overkill... EMG's :-D

yeah i agree with sir cayle, replace pickups only if you have the cash and time :-D

sadly i never got to thoroughly test a V series pickup, but it is better than the INF pickups :-)

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
The stock Powersounds in my GAX30 sounded waaaay better than the stock INFs in my RG.

At first they sounded pretty decent but everytime I used my dirt pedals I always felt that they we're lacking.. I didn't know what kind of pickups I was living with until I was able to sort of "A/B" them when I edited my video review.

Check it out bro and tell us what you think  :-)

feature=related
feature=related
feature=related

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:04:27 PM by juan_portnoy »
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 10:06:10 PM »
The stock Powersounds in my GAX30 sounded waaaay better than the stock INFs in my RG.

At first they sounded pretty decent but everytime I used my dirt pedals I always felt that they we're lacking.. I didn't know what kind of pickups I was living with until I was able to sort of "A/B" them when I edited my video review.

Check it out bro and tell us what you think  :-)

Check out my 4-Part video review of the Rockfield Pickups:

feature=related
feature=related
feature=related

Powersound pickups are like the most balanced one's :-D
had them on my grg270 before
have it now on my sa160 :-D
i just wish that their output was higher :-)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »

Check it out bro and tell us what you think  :-)

feature=related
feature=related
feature=related

true powersounds in their lower grade pickups are the most balanced one's

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
true powersounds in their lower grade pickups are the most balanced one's

Amen sir Bry! Did your 7-string Gio come stock with Powersounds? How were they?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
Amen sir Bry! Did your 7-string Gio come stock with Powersounds? How were they?

yes it did, i just replaced the bridge with a dimarzio paf7 back then, i still have em all, even my gax75 was stock because that was enough for that guitar, my rt and rx were powersounds and i still keep their original stock pups as reserved stuff, the older powersounds(rt and rx) have screw pole pieces for the humbuckers and even the single coils were not bad at all,

Offline cnevin08

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 06:08:59 PM »
Thanks po sa mga reply..it helps a lot..may makikipag trade kasi sken..ibanez rg321ex with inf 3&4..
tinitignan ko lang kung anong reviews about din..thanks ulit  :-D

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »
it goes well with my rg350dx. using the 4th pickup position gave my axe a stratty clean tone.. tip: tweak.tweak. and tweak. :D

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 04:36:49 AM »
Swak naman yung stock pups ng RG350 ex ko

pero if given budget id go for a dimarzio breed bridge
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline xid02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 05:54:05 AM »
planning to replace mine with artec pickups :)
tapos mas nagiging wild pa sila kase feeling nila dominant sila na parang "i-wil devour you"

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »
Swak naman yung stock pups ng RG350 ex ko

pero if given budget id go for a dimarzio breed bridge

that's what me and my bro said when he first got his RG321.. parang ang ganda na ng tunog.. figured out sooner or later na mas marami pang mas maganda and that our reference sound back then was very limited..

there's nothing wrong with those inf pups though.. there are just other pickups with better clarity, sensitivity and note-ringing stuff..  :-)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 09:54:22 AM »
that's what me and my bro said when he first got his RG321.. parang ang ganda na ng tunog.. figured out sooner or later na mas marami pang mas maganda and that our reference sound back then was very limited..

there's nothing wrong with those inf pups though.. there are just other pickups with better clarity, sensitivity and note-ringing stuff..  :-)

sa stock pups ng prs se custom ko, actually super satisfied nako sa sound e. sayang nga i didnt get to try it sa tube amp ko.

na persuade lang ako na mag upgrade sa dimarzios before eh, haha, noob, napersuade ng endorsements.

anyway, kaya nung pagkakuha ko ng ibby ko, with stock inf 1 and 2, sobrang.. hindi ko type ang tunog. parang ang layo sa dimarzios..

well, those are just my ears..

I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »
sa stock pups ng prs se custom ko, actually super satisfied nako sa sound e. sayang nga i didnt get to try it sa tube amp ko.

na persuade lang ako na mag upgrade sa dimarzios before eh, haha, noob, napersuade ng endorsements.

me and my bro actually found those G&B pickups to be better than the inf3 and inf4 in terms of clarity..  :lol:
but i'm going dimarzios narin.. though the stock G&B neck pickup still satisfies me..  :-)

anyway, kaya nung pagkakuha ko ng ibby ko, with stock inf 1 and 2, sobrang.. hindi ko type ang tunog. parang ang layo sa dimarzios..
well, those are just my ears..

inf1 and 2 aren't made by dimarzios kasi, so there's no comparison.. although they should be a tad better than the 3 & 4..

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »
me and my bro actually found those G&B pickups to be better than the inf3 and inf4 in terms of clarity..  :lol:
but i'm going dimarzios narin.. though the stock G&B neck pickup still satisfies me..  :-)

inf1 and 2 aren't made by dimarzios kasi, so there's no comparison.. although they should be a tad better than the 3 & 4..

i regret selling those nga eh, tsk. parang gusto ko ibalik.. i love its sound.. although trip ko ang dmz's ko, wala lang, nagagandahan ako sa itsura nung pups na yun.. at sound, medium output pa.. parang i wanna switch to medium outputs kasi e.

if inf 1 and 2 are better than 3 and 4, ano tunong nun????

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »
i regret selling those nga eh, tsk. parang gusto ko ibalik.. i love its sound.. although trip ko ang dmz's ko, wala lang, nagagandahan ako sa itsura nung pups na yun.. at sound, medium output pa.. parang i wanna switch to medium outputs kasi e.

same here.. i replaced my stock bridge  pickup with an Ibanez V2 (damn good pickup! i miss it bad..), then a Dimarzio Super Distortion (enjoyed it for a while but fell out of love..), then a Seymour Duncan JB (treble galore! i though i had the beast tamed, i was dead wrong!), and now a Dimarzio AT-1 (it's a good pickup.. i like it.. torn between this and the V2 i had before..)..

ayun.. galing din ako sa mga high output pickup pero ang bagsak din ng bridge ko ay medium output..

if inf 1 and 2 are better than 3 and 4, ano tunong nun????

imo, yes they are better.. parang V1&V2 which are better than the V7&V8.. siguro hotter ang Inf1 and 2.. or maybe alnico sila.. ang alam ko ceramic ang inf3&4 eh, but i may be wrong..

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
same here.. i replaced my stock bridge  pickup with an Ibanez V2 (damn good pickup! i miss it bad..), then a Dimarzio Super Distortion (enjoyed it for a while but fell out of love..), then a Seymour Duncan JB (treble galore! i though i had the beast tamed, i was dead wrong!), and now a Dimarzio AT-1 (it's a good pickup.. i like it.. torn between this and the V2 i had before..)..

ayun.. galing din ako sa mga high output pickup pero ang bagsak din ng bridge ko ay medium output..

imo, yes they are better.. parang V1&V2 which are better than the V7&V8.. siguro hotter ang Inf1 and 2.. or maybe alnico sila.. ang alam ko ceramic ang inf3&4 eh, but i may be wrong..

INF1 is ceramic... INF2 is Alnico... these two are installed in standard Ibanez S guitars (S570). ok sila, may strat-ish character.

INF3 and INF4 are both ceramic. IMHO, parang mas ok na yung tunog nung mga lumabas since last year kesa yung mga nakaraan.. I don't know..  :-)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:53:49 AM by dakuykoy »
Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 11:54:10 AM »
same here.. i replaced my stock bridge  pickup with an Ibanez V2 (damn good pickup! i miss it bad..), then a Dimarzio Super Distortion (enjoyed it for a while but fell out of love..), then a Seymour Duncan JB (treble galore! i though i had the beast tamed, i was dead wrong!), and now a Dimarzio AT-1 (it's a good pickup.. i like it.. torn between this and the V2 i had before..)..

clean tone demo of AT pup please :-D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
INF1 is ceramic... INF2 is Alnico... these two are installed in standard Ibanez S guitars (S570). ok sila, may strat-ish character.

INF3 and INF4 are both ceramic. IMHO, parang mas ok na yung tunog nung mga lumabas since last year kesa yung mga nakaraan.. I don't know..  :-)

great! thanks for the info..  :-)

clean tone demo of AT pup please :-D

should've done one last saturday, low batt pala yung digicam.. charged it then naging busy na ako.. sa susunod bro.. although the AT-1 is a middy pickup.. so it's not squeaky crisp acoustic clean when clean.. lol..

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »
baliktad tayo ng bridge pup, akin scooped mids hehe

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »
The INF1 and 2 that came stock with my RGR sounded good for cleans. When I turn up the gain though I feel like I turn up the "meh" meter as well. I guess they were just not for me.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »
The INF1 and 2 that came stock with my RGR sounded good for cleans. When I turn up the gain though I feel like I turn up the "meh" meter as well. I guess they were just not for me.

exaclty what i felt for those pups. good at cleans. sucks at higher gains