hulika

Author Topic: Boss Katana Amplifier  (Read 1292 times)

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Boss Katana Amplifier
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 08:25:58 PM »
Saw the 100W head at Perfect Pitch selling for 23k+. Sakto sa 1x12 cab yung size. Ka-price ng DSL15 head haha. #salivating

:-)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BOSSGT1/
Boss GT1 GT10 GT100 SBMM JP100 R10 JAZZ3
Strong sense of synchronization between the two [playing] hands,Different Strum for Different Folks","Nagawa ko na lahat ng bagay sa Music,Papunta ka pa lang,pabalik na ko"

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
Got the head. The HYPE is real. Maganda tunog. Ang layo sa mga Line 6 at Blackstar SS amps. Juicy mids. Try it with a great 2x12 or 4x12 cab! It's loud. It sounds 90% like my Peavey 6505 Mini Head. Only this one has more body and volume.

And that 5 inch built in speaker!!! It sounds quite good. Now to try those SNEAKY AMPS inside this thing.

Best $275 I have spent.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:49:57 AM by Bolt Thrower »

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »
Got the head. The HYPE is real. Maganda tunog. Ang layo sa mga Line 6 at Blackstar SS amps. Juicy mids. Try it with a great 2x12 or 4x12 cab! It's loud. It sounds 90% like my Peavey 6505 Mini Head. Only this one has more body and volume.

And that 5 inch built in speaker!!! It sounds quite good. Now to try those SNEAKY AMPS inside this thing.

Best $275 I have spent.

Breakthrough

BOSS has always been about helping musicians make killer music.
But stability is overrated, and brand boredom is the kiss of death.
That’s why we’re completely revamping our game.
Never resting on our laurels or rehashing old ideas,
we’re pouring our insatiable musical curiosity and the expertise
we’ve honed since launching our first product in 1976 into
becoming a company that continuously creates innovative sounds.
All so that musicians can express themselves more freely
through that life-changing medium of music.
At BOSS, we don’t fear failure. We fear standing still. BREAKTHROUGH
We’re breaking through to recreate ourselves
Strong sense of synchronization between the two [playing] hands,Different Strum for Different Folks","Nagawa ko na lahat ng bagay sa Music,Papunta ka pa lang,pabalik na ko"

Online stL

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2017, 08:38:40 PM »
I have the 50 W.

For the price, I didn't expect to be blown away. Besides, I was just looking for an able platform for my GT-1.

Got disappointed at first as I thought my pre-loved Fender Mustang I V2 sounded better. I expected this amp to be more pedal-friendly.  I just wanted to use it straight-up panel mode which the Mustang doesn't have and I'm not interested in the internal effects it offers as they are modelled from the GT-1 anyway. I almost regretted buying this as I thought the speakers sounded flat. The only consolation was the full-range acoustic channel that makes it a quite decent acoustic amp.

But after a couple of weeks, I realized that I only set it between 0.5 and 25 W settings as I didn't want to piss off my housemates because I knew it can get too loud. Yesterday, I set it to 50-watts and noodled away. Only then I felt the "bounce" I've experienced in Marshall JCM 600. It felt "tubey" and the clean tones are surprisingly great.

Now I can tell I was quite blown away with the analog feel of this SS amp. It sounds great and its damn loud!

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 01:31:44 AM »
I have the 50 W.

For the price, I didn't expect to be blown away. Besides, I was just looking for an able platform for my GT-1.

Got disappointed at first as I thought my pre-loved Fender Mustang I V2 sounded better. I expected this amp to be more pedal-friendly.  I just wanted to use it straight-up panel mode which the Mustang doesn't have and I'm not interested in the internal effects it offers as they are modelled from the GT-1 anyway. I almost regretted buying this as I thought the speakers sounded flat. The only consolation was the full-range acoustic channel that makes it a quite decent acoustic amp.

But after a couple of weeks, I realized that I only set it between 0.5 and 25 W settings as I didn't want to piss off my housemates because I knew it can get too loud. Yesterday, I set it to 50-watts and noodled away. Only then I felt the "bounce" I've experienced in Marshall JCM 600. It felt "tubey" and the clean tones are surprisingly great.

Now I can tell I was quite blown away with the analog feel of this SS amp. It sounds great and its damn loud!

:)

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 07:05:37 PM »