hulika

Author Topic: Fuzz Freaks arise!  (Read 275110 times)

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fuzz Freaks arise!
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »
I think the fuzz factory is good on its own. But there is always room for some experimentation. Fuzz on fuzz! Haha.

Na-overwhelm nga ako when I tried it last year sa PAMGS. Parang feeling ko natalo ako. Gusto kong balikan :razz:
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
I find it too sharp on some amps e, so i set it on a drive channel pag solid state or run it through a very low overdrive. But that's just my own preference. I like it dark kasi.

Big muff is great on it's own. But you can push it with a drive pedal before it para umangat sa mix.  :wink:

I paired your fuzz factory with a TS9 when I had it. It didn't like it in front and even after. Sayang di ko sya na-try with single coils.

The russian pi however, sounded good with a little drive in front. Anlaki nga lang nya talaga hehe.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »
I paired your fuzz factory with a TS9 when I had it. It didn't like it in front and even after. Sayang di ko sya na-try with single coils.

The russian pi however, sounded good with a little drive in front. Anlaki nga lang nya talaga hehe.

Better to run it throughna marshall sounding pedal na low gain. Like a bb or something. I run it through a shredhead. Perfect!

The ts is too much of a mid hump. Kills the darkness of a nice fuzz.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »
my favorite muff currently under reconditioning(complete rewire, switch replacement) co Yahoo! very excited  :cute:

• Veteran Member
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2012, 07:19:19 PM »
my favorite muff currently under reconditioning(complete rewire, switch replacement) co Yahoo! very excited  :cute:

Nice. Re-issue? Cool knobs man.  :-D

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2012, 07:43:38 PM »
Nice. Re-issue? Cool knobs man.  :-D

its a small box russian i think. the knobs are not stock  :-D

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »
I badly want to own one of these  :-o  :drool:  :lol:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/sf01-slash-octave-fuzz
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
Na-overwhelm nga ako when I tried it last year sa PAMGS. Parang feeling ko natalo ako. Gusto kong balikan :razz:
na-overwhelm ka?lol. di mo ata nasubukan yung Zvez inventobox. overwhelming is an understatement haha

later ko pa lang mabebenta yung Hyperion. the Silver Rose is with Turi na. man , dark times indeed.

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2012, 12:32:22 PM »
na-overwhelm ka?lol. di mo ata nasubukan yung Zvez inventobox. overwhelming is an understatement haha

later ko pa lang mabebenta yung Hyperion. the Silver Rose is with Turi na. man , dark times indeed.

Oh c'mon!  <_<

Sana pala hihiram ko muna kahapon haha. Oooops.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »

You sold the silver rose? Or lent it lang?

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
You sold the silver rose? Or lent it lang?
sold it bru. oks lang, may buy back option naman eh :D

• Veteran Member
« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »
^are the NKTs high gain or med gain? ang alam ko kasi sa FFs usually importante low gain yung transistors na gagamitin para litaw yung pagiging dynamic ng fuzz effect (swipe lightly and it's clean-ish, dig and it growls). general notion is that FFs are meant to be played using your volume knob or variation in input gain.

I think high gain yung na try ko, man. Pangit yung clean up when you roll off. Mas ok pa yung sa fuzz factory e.

Pero yeah, i can see na it can potentially be a good low gain fuzz. Pero the price is B.S.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2012, 11:49:04 AM »
Btw, i was able to try an old teaser stallion fuzz yesterday. Two of them, actually.

One was the small zvex type box, and the other one was the bigger brother with an extra knob that was for "chunk". I think it was extra gain or something.

It was kind of a one trick pony for me. The switch which engages the Frequency knob is next to useless. I say this because the noise it creates is quite contrived. If you want better out of this world noises, there's always devi stuff of even the fuzzfactory.

They should've just made one switch to engage the "chunk" knob instead of that frequency knob. Would've made it more usefull.

That being said, the drive sound was quite addicting. Something about it sounded more organic than some of the other more face-melting treble fuzzes out there. It can get quite thick. Not muffy thick but interestingly thick in it's own right. Leaning more on distortion/fuzz.

Maybe not worth the boutique price altogether, but sounds quite good too for thick chords. I got to give it props for that.

Although...i was using a tech 21 amp, so it was a modeling amp, but set to very basic flat settings.  :wink:

Offline pogikaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
Im expecting to have this by December hehe haba pila e.. >:D

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:47:42 PM by pogikaze »
  speak good, think good, do good and you will definitely feel good! - dearest

• Veteran Member
« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2012, 12:56:54 PM »
Im expecting to have this by December hehe haba pila e.. >:D

Awesome. This is the pigmine with lower gain, right?

Offline pogikaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
Awesome. This is the pigmine with lower gain, right?
I think same high gain pa din sya like the pigmine, mas clear lang to pagdating sa mga solo.
Pigmine sana talaga gusto ko kaso discontinued na hehe nawala na yun mine kaya P19 na lang.  :-D
  speak good, think good, do good and you will definitely feel good! - dearest

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »

:-D

― Duane Allman

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »

Lumabas mga skreddy ah  :)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
^yum!

― Duane Allman

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
Oyeh!
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2012, 09:24:20 PM »

Lumabas mga skreddy ah  :)

This is the Skreddy I wanna try. :)

@nickson: Glad you're still rocking the Pig!

Hmm. Exchanging e-mails with Marc now... I really want something and he's up for it.

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »

@nickson: Glad you're still rocking the Pig!

Yeah man! Best distortion pedal I've owned thanks to you!

― Duane Allman

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »
Yeah man! Best distortion pedal SO FAR THAT I've owned thanks to you!
fixed.  :-D

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
fixed.  :-D

Haha. Still looking forward to a nice and permanent fuzz pedal, pero next year na lamang yun. GAS 2012 is over for me. Kumusta recording? :)

― Duane Allman

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
Haha. Still looking forward to a nice and permanent fuzz pedal, pero next year na lamang yun. GAS 2012 is over for me. Kumusta recording? :)

hey, you guys heard of this pedal na?

http://bigtonemusic.com/royalbeaver.html

:drool:
weird quoting myself haha.eto kaya i-try mo.  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

the recording went well. forumer din yung drummer namin, dun sa bahay nila kami nag record. hopefully before december tapos na lahat. 8 songs yun, lahat covers LOL