hulika

Author Topic: You have probably been defrosting food wrong your whole life, scientists say Re  (Read 756 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most of us defrost food overnight, usually by taking it out of the deep freeze and leaving it in the refrigerator all day – so it defrosts without any risk of food poisoning.
But we’re all idiots, according to Norwegian food scientists – and the idea of using the fridge based on myths about food.
Susanne Ekstedt, a researcher at the at the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden in Gothenburg, says the best way to do it is to use water.
Seal the food properly in plastic, and it warms up faster using cold water straight from the tap (because water is more conductive) – meaning it tastes better, says Ekstedt.
Using the microwave is also a no-no – as it tends to damage the meat as it warms up.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/12/you-have-probably-been-defrosting-food-wrong-your-whole-life-scientists-say-6122788/#ixzz4K3cM6200
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
^ganun naman ginagawa ko noon pa. and ive never used the defrost function on the microwave kahit kelan. well, ive used it once pero langya sumabaw yung taba ng manok at naging gunk sa paligid ng bowl. nakakadiri.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis