hulika

Author Topic: PM Login Issues *merged*  (Read 89585 times)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Accessing Philmusic - DNS issues ?
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
Sorry my bad.... Just trying to help here....

np...

Think nothing of it. At the very least, Philmusic is not to blame. As a matter of fact, apparently Sun DSL subscribers are (or were) similarly affected. Smart DSL subs aren't affected because they ride on PLDT's network which has it's own DNS server. As for Globe's wireless internet, I'm not sure how they implement their WAN IP.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline deevey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »
If the IP address is causing the problem that would point to a possible IP block from the philmusic' server/host and not a DNS issue. As the same DNS server is being used on globe regardless of which IP range you are accessing from.  

Out of curiosity, has a different webhost ever been tried for Philmusic (even just overnight temporarily?) I mean I have no idea what kinda hardware is running the boards, is it a dedicated server(seems not) own FW / IP blockers / location / blagh blagh. But "could" it be an issue with the hosting rather than with these ISP's ?

e.g.

If things are working:

Laptop > Router > ISP > DNS > Hosting company > Website

When using the 222.xxx.xxx.xxx or 18x.xxx.xxx.xxx range and NOT working

Laptop > Router > ISP > DNS > Hosting Company > Default hosting company's page.

So would seem that things are getting routed correctly from globe ?

BTW.... a check on the IP address does not even show philmusic as one of the sites using 109.234.109.20. That is from an external source not globe... so it would more strongly point to an issue on the webhosts' side.

http://www.robtex.com/ip/109.234.109.20.html

However does show alot of "dodgy" looking sites using the server as a mailserver (bottom of the page)

Could it just be a case of server overloading perhaps ?

I do know alot of hosting services will block the IP range if there is a large number of requests from S/E asian countries (I used to work in a european ISP)

When on globe, regardless of IP address, its hitting the correct server @ dd24 so would seem the routing would seem to be screwed from the host's side (IP blocked?).  

@ KitC

Definetly Correct, i'm on the 12x.xxx.xxx.xxx range when I could access the board.

222.xxx.xxx.xxx is also a globe IP thats blocked.

@eigerdude

I know dude, and thanks, just frustrated, it'd be nice for it to be a non-issue.

And sorry for bringing up known issues, just trying to help.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:01:32 PM by deevey »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:51 AM »
If the IP address is causing the problem that would point to a possible IP block from the philmusic' server/host and not a DNS issue. As the same DNS server is being used on globe regardless of which IP range you are accessing from.

We do not block local addresses. The only IPs being blocked are mostly from known spam locations and these are not local.

Again, if you suspect an IP block, the problem is not internal to Philmusic nor its servers.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline deevey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2011, 07:41:22 AM »
We do not block local addresses. The only IPs being blocked are mostly from known spam locations and these are not local.

Not blaming Philmusic, but I do suspect the problem is not simply Globe (Much as they don't have a clue in their TS) their DNS seems to be pointing at the correct Server regardless of IP range.

The site not being visible issue seems to be happening AFTER hitting the philmusic' server location, which points to something going on AFTER reaching the destinations' internal network.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »
The site not being visible issue seems to be happening AFTER hitting the philmusic' server location, which points to something going on AFTER reaching the destinations' internal network.

Do a traceroute and you'll see what I mean.

Offline deevey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2011, 06:07:08 PM »
I had been Trace routing and oddly enough regardless of being able to access or not I was getting the same results which just should not have worked whatsoever (pointing to server in Germany regardless of IP, this threw me off).

Last 2 days however everything seems to work on every single globe IP range i've been assigned 203, 222, 122, etc.

Looks like something got fixed :mrgreen:

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2011, 11:32:45 AM »
Not entirely.

Last sunday, I couldn't access PM and true enough, the IP assigned by Globe began with 18x.xxx.....

I ran a traceroute and it went nowhere, apparently running circles within Globe's IPs. It's an assignment error within their system. Didn't bother to reboot the system since my son was busy with his downloads.  :|

Offline dsm5537

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Bakit ayaw pong mag-open ng Philmusic sa Globe na DSL?
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
Mag change ka na lang ng ISP (Internet Provider) mo, kami globe dati, pero nung nag palit kami... naka pag open agad kami ang bilis pa mag open... thanks to our new ISP (Internet Provider)!!!

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2011, 10:20:23 PM »
Same problem here, naka "Ultra-surf" ako since I've become a member...
Naka ilang emails w/ complaints na ko sa Globe, wala paring nagaganap...
Naka Google DNS na ko pero di parin maka-connect w/o Ultra-surf...
BAdtrip nga lng soooooooooobrang bagal ng connection... :|
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:28:56 PM by pedaldeaf3 »
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2011, 10:32:48 PM »
You will only see the correct assigned IP when you query the WAN IP from the modem. Go into your browser and type 192.168.1.1 - it should land you in the modem's browser-based menu screen. There should be some sort of status screen which shows you the actual assigned IP. The IP you're seeing (192.xxx.....) is only the local network assigned IP.

Tanong lang po, should I change my DNS to Google DNS then change my IP to 180.0.0.0???
Or just change my DNS??? Kase di parin ako makaconnect using Google DNS eh... :oops:
Dont need to use Utra-Surf anymore to connect???
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline death666

« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »
ako nman sun gamit ko hindi ko din ma open ang philmusic.
kaya dito ako sa opisina ng piphilmusic. ano kaya pwedeng gawin?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
--CONFUCIUS

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
Naka chamba ako ngayon...
Nag-open ng straight to PM ang connection ko....
With a randomly chosen 180.0.0.0 IP and of course w/ Google DNS...

Sana magtuloy tuloy na para sulit ang oras ko sa net...
Nakakasawa na kase kaka-facebook eh...
Thanks po ulit kay Mam KitC....

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2011, 04:34:42 PM »
Naka chamba ako ngayon...
Nag-open ng straight to PM ang connection ko....
With a randomly chosen 180.0.0.0 IP and of course w/ Google DNS...

Sana magtuloy tuloy na para sulit ang oras ko sa net...
Nakakasawa na kase kaka-facebook eh...
Thanks po ulit kay Mam KitC....

uhm.. it's SIR KitC.. :wink:

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2011, 01:32:10 AM »
uhm.. it's SIR KitC.. :wink:

Oops sorry po Sir Riff, my bad!!!
I really thought "KitC" is a girls name...
Anyway, Google DNS & the 180.IP works!!!
Don't need to bother w/ any proxy sites or programs...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »
Oops sorry po Sir Riff, my bad!!!
I really thought "KitC" is a girls name...

Even in the comics, the Phantom (Ghost Who Walks) was named Kit.  :lol:

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
hi,my fellow philmusicians ,just want to share what i noticed to a mountainbiking forum i recently joined in its called PhilMOFO short term for Philippine Mountainbiking Forum.I noticed that it has the same server? Powered By SMF 1.1.13 SMF 2006-2011, Simple Machines LCC ,TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
and
Philmusic uses this server?, Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC , (not updated)?

PhilMofo forum is pretty fast,considering it has a lot of usable features on its forum and home tabs.and it has this "Shout Box" that you can message everyone that is online in the forum,search tab is functional,and whats cool is that i dont need to do some tweakings on my internet connection to make the browsing fast,i just register and wait for the moderator to check my profile and give me access to the forum and whoala! its a wonderful  site for me as a bike enthusiast.And i wish Philmusic will be that way soon.....cause im also a PM addict!..Im not here to blame anyone ..just wondering...KELAN BA BIBILIS ANG Philmusic FORUM NATIN?! thanks and good morning to all. rakenrol!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled3.jpg?t=1302484290

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled2.jpg?t=1302485482

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled6.jpg?t=1302485520

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled5.jpg?t=1302485556

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled4a.jpg?t=1302485595

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled2.jpg?t=1302485654

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Is it just me or is it really hard to get to PhilMu these days?
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »
hi,my fellow philmusicians ,just want to share what i noticed to a mountainbiking forum i recently joined in its called PhilMOFO short term for Philippine Mountainbiking Forum.I noticed that it has the same server? Powered By SMF 1.1.13 SMF 2006-2011, Simple Machines LCC ,TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
and
Philmusic uses this server?, Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC , (not updated)?

PhilMofo forum is pretty fast,considering it has a lot of usable features on its forum and home tabs.and it has this "Shout Box" that you can message everyone that is online in the forum,search tab is functional,and whats cool is that i dont need to do some tweakings on my internet connection to make the browsing fast,i just register and wait for the moderator to check my profile and give me access to the forum and whoala! its a wonderful  site for me as a bike enthusiast.And i wish Philmusic will be that way soon.....cause im also a PM addict!..Im not here to blame anyone ..just wondering...KELAN BA BIBILIS ANG Philmusic FORUM NATIN?! thanks and good morning to all. rakenrolA!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled3.jpg?t=1302484290

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled2.jpg?t=1302485482

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled6.jpg?t=1302485520

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled5.jpg?t=1302485556

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled4a.jpg?t=1302485595

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/sonnygonz/untitled2.jpg?t=1302485654

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
SMF is the forum software, not the server. Those are 2 very different things entirely.

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2011, 01:22:13 PM »
SMF is the forum software, not the server. Those are 2 very different things entirely.

thanks for the correction.atlast nakapasok din ako sa PM lagi kasi connection error or temporarily unavailable.
is it possible that Philmusic will update the forum software its using to (SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc)like PhilMofo is using? or hindi talaga pwede kasi its too costly,risky or mahirap to upgrade it?

sorry noob question.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »
PM founder,Jim Ayson, is more in a position to answer that although once indicated that he was considering changing forum software.

Forum speed is not due to software, but usually due to the servers. At this time, PM does not have its own server and we have a co-location agreement ongoing. Upgrading is a major undertaking which will entail cost and remember, Jim is maintaining forum costs out of his own pocket... let's give him kudos where it is due.

Offline dsm5537

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »
try to use this site
hidemyass.com
hideipproxysites.blogspot.com/

Proxy site

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
PM founder,Jim Ayson, is more in a position to answer that although once indicated that he was considering changing forum software.

Forum speed is not due to software, but usually due to the servers. At this time, PM does not have its own server and we have a co-location agreement ongoing. Upgrading is a major undertaking which will entail cost and remember, Jim is maintaining forum costs out of his own pocket... let's give him kudos where it is due.

well,thanks.this clear up everything about PM slow connection status..  :-(

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2011, 05:51:34 PM »
well,thanks.this clear up everything about PM slow connection status..  :-(

I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree here. When the forum works, it works fast. Though the servers may be a problem sometimes, we have resolved some the issues of forum slowdown by having the servers reset every hour or so. This may partly explain why accessibility is sometimes an issue because you may be logging in during the reset. I have my own theories about the inconsiderate use of unneeded polls causing server problems, but that is under observation, and I close down polls that have no end date.

Just to be clear, ISP accessibility (and in this case, DNS issues) is a different matter entirely, and is something beyond the control of Philmusic.

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »
I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree here. When the forum works, it works fast. Though the servers may be a problem sometimes, we have resolved some the issues of forum slowdown by having the servers reset every hour or so. This may partly explain why accessibility is sometimes an issue because you may be logging in during the reset. I have my own theories about the inconsiderate use of unneeded polls causing server problems, but that is under observation, and I close down polls that have no end date.

Just to be clear, ISP accessibility (and in this case, DNS issues) is a different matter entirely, and is something beyond the control of Philmusic.

ok.i hope i'd be barking up at the right tree next time you make an answer.thanks.

Offline micoMouse

• Netizen Level
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2011, 09:23:03 AM »
Vtunnel.com dyan ako pumapasok sa PM. medyo matagal nga lang minsan mag load pero ok naman.
Tell me what the f*uck is wrong!