hulika

Author Topic: I have MONO  (Read 38842 times)

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: I have MONO
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
^^ thanks sa review karl. na "drop-test" mo na pala agad.  :-D (ayus din yung earplugs mo, very effective)

Offline AnodBiomech

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2010, 11:44:50 AM »
wala na kong hahanapin pang ibang guitar strap, MONO :D

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2010, 12:51:46 PM »
wala na kong hahanapin pang ibang guitar strap, MONO :D

awww, thanks for the kind words bro!

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »

jeff,

oct is going to be a good month...  :evil:
[

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2010, 01:19:19 PM »
jeff,

oct is going to be a good month...  :evil:

indeed, just wished it could have been september.  :evil:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »
indeed, just wished it could have been september.  :evil:

no worries... i am patient... LOL
[

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 11:08:19 PM »
I can has MONO too!  The M80 double gigbag/case, that is, thanks to Jeff.

This will be a short review for now cuz I haven't really put the gigbag through its paces in a real gig, just tested and inspected it at home w/ my guitars. But I sure wish I had it these past years when I had to run out of my car w/ a gigbag or case in Manila's rains (it's waterproof)! 

I've never seen a sturdier gig bag (I'm aware of InCase's offerings also). It's like a softcase that offers protection of a hardcase. It's carry-ability and feel is definitely that of a softcase, not a clunky hardcase. No wonder cuz it's made of light but outdoor/military-grade materials.

When I put my past gigbags in the car, I make it a point to lay it on its side (if angled neck) on the back seat and hook the shoulder strap above the seat so that it doesn't slide and fall down. If it's a Tele/Strat, I don't mind laying it flat but still worry about all the bumps it goes thru in Manila's moon-like roads.  But, man, not anymore!  I wouldn't mind laying this flat on the seat or even in the rear/cargo/trunk of the vehicle.

For a "senior citizen" like me na operado pa, the weight distribution, intelligent strap design, generous padding, and light weight are godsends!  I'm also a gadget freak so the numerous, smartly designed pockets are a boon also.

Still, nothing is perfect and here are two things they can improve on:
1. The upper pocket could be bigger so that you can stick an fx pedal or two in there along w/ slides, tuners, etc. But perhaps given the smart design of the cable holder, tucking it away from the bottom of the big front pocket, the pedals can be put in the big front pocket instead of the smaller top pocket.
2. The side handle should be moved up so that the guitar is not facing down when held normally on its side. As it is, you have to pull up the front of the handle a little to balance the guitar or tilt it up. This can create un-necessary strain on that part of the handle. But given its steel rivet, I don't think that handle will rip out in my lifetime.

Having said that, considering I almost always bring 2 gtrs to gigs, I'm now gonna have complete peace of mind w/ my guitar's protection.  My only worry now is that somebody might wanna steal the Mono gigbag and "accidentally" take away my guitars in 'em!

Look forward to using my Mono double gigbag in coming gigs.  Feel free to approach me if you wanna check it out. And I'm looking forward to trying out a Mono strap when a black one is avail in Oct!

--

PS: Should also mention that Jeff was incredibly accommodating. He was early for our meeting and when I had to change our meeting place at the last minute because of heavy traffic, he obliged w/o complaint. (Sorry to have to make you walk, Jeff!)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:07:40 PM by deltaslim »

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 02:59:11 AM »
my MONO DUAL BAG:-D

Well, eto naman yun sa akin

First thing i notice is the size. its a little bigger than an acoustic case so thats pretty cool since im going to use it for transport. mas safe kesa i-check in mo with hardcase yun 2 guitar. atleast, in my airline. Next thing is the velvet-like fabric inside. I have never owned a gigbag with this topnotch material, mas maganda pa sya kesa sa sofa namin :lol: There is also an ample allowance inside which i like. i can bubble wrap the guitar then the case would be fit. As mentioned by TS, its not advised for Gibson Lps but for Epiphones with less headstock angle, its fine.

Some concerns.
Since this is a Dual Gig bag its going to be really heavy and i hope the handle can withstand at least 10 kg of weight. The plastic hook could also be Stainless steel and the zipper instead of black powder coat. Still its just my preference. And sana yun divider pwede tanggalin para pang acoustic guitar naman.  :wink: cant wait for my trip

BTW. Jeff's a really good guy. Nice meeting you bro.

heres the pic

by the way i also have a MONO strap :wink:

edit.

handcarry or check-in, your gear is safe with MONO:-)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:07:28 AM by Rmansh »
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »
caught in the act of reading children's books and playing guitar with mono strap.. :-D

and there goes geaorge clooney with his MONO strap in action!  :lol:

rereview nya daw soon... :mrgreen:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2010, 10:34:15 PM »
I can has MONO too!  The M80 double gigbag/case, that is, thanks to Jeff.

This will be a short review for now cuz I haven't really put the gigbag through its paces in a real gig, just tested and inspected it at home w/ my guitars. But I sure wish I had it these past years when I had to run out of my car w/ a gigbag or case in Manila's rains (it's waterproof)! 

I've never seen a sturdier gig bag (I'm aware of InCase's offerings also). It's like a softcase that offers protection of a hardcase. It's carry-ability and feel is definitely that of a softcase, not a clunky hardcase. No wonder cuz it's made of light but outdoor/military-grade materials.

When I put my past gigbags in the car, I make it a point to lay it on its side (if angled neck) on the back seat and hook the shoulder strap above the seat so that it doesn't slide and fall down. If it's a Tele/Strat, I don't mind laying it flat but still worry about all the bumps it goes thru in Manila's moon-like roads.  But, man, not anymore!  I wouldn't mind laying this flat on the seat or even in the rear/cargo/trunk of the vehicle.

For a "senior citizen" like me na operado pa, the weight distribution, intelligent strap design, generous padding, and light weight are godsends!  I'm also a gadget freak so the numerous, smartly designed pockets are a boon also.

Still, nothing is perfect and here are two things they can improve on:
1. The upper pocket could be bigger so that you can stick an fx pedal or two in there along w/ slides, tuners, etc. But perhaps given the smart design of the cable holder, tucking it away from the bottom of the big front pocket, the pedals can be put in the big front pocket instead of the smaller top pocket.
2. The side handle should be moved up so that the guitar is not facing down when held normally on its side. As it is, you have to pull up the front of the handle a little to balance the guitar or tilt it up. This can create un-necessary strain on that part of the handle. But given its steel rivet, I don't think that handle will rip out in my lifetime.

Having said that, considering I almost always bring 2 gtrs to gigs, I'm now gonna have complete peace of mind w/ my guitar's protection.  My only worry now is that somebody might wanna steal the Mono gigbag and "accidentally" take away my guitars in 'em!

Look forward to using my Mono double gigbag in coming gigs.  Feel free to approach me if you wanna check it out. And I'm looking forward to trying out a Mono strap when a black one is avail in Oct!

--

PS: Should also mention that Jeff was incredibly accommodating. He was early for our meeting and when I had to change our meeting place at the last minute because of heavy traffic, he obliged w/o complaint. (Sorry to have to make you walk, Jeff!)

UPDATE:

Was able to use my Mono double gigbag in several rehearsals and one gig na.  I can now in complete confidence and peace of mind rest the case flat inside the trunk or backseat or let it lie back against an amp or wall at the gig. I can even stand it on its side or vertically w/o worry.  Because of this, I can also easily pull out and/or return a guitar in seconds, which is critical because I change guitars in mid-set! My bandmates also complimented its quality.

Just ossum!  Thank you Jeff!!!

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »
here's my share Jeff!  my MONO strap in action.  :-D

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:26:05 PM by maxi_musikero »
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2010, 05:38:50 PM »
ayun oh !! maxi-mono !!  :-D
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »
ayun oh !! maxi-mono !!  :-D

kukuha din ako ng MONO strap para sa Harana ko.  pero yung small para hindi masyado mababa.  sakto for acoustic.  :-D

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
lower left........tone is in the donut :lol:
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

yebah!  :lol:

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
croissant ata hahaha
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2010, 10:26:29 PM »
croissant ata hahaha

donut yan.  krispy kreme.  :lol:

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »
nice. thanks sa pics maxi. nagutom tuloy ako.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »
donut yan.  krispy kreme.  :lol:

Try their Pull-Apart creations. Kamismohan. Heart stopper nga lang.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2010, 11:17:56 AM »
nice. thanks sa pics maxi. nagutom tuloy ako.

thanks din jeff!  yung small size strap baka by november ako umorder.  estimated date to complete yung Harana is October or November eh.  :-D

Try their Pull-Apart creations. Kamismohan. Heart stopper nga lang.

i shall try this weekend!  :-D

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
announcement lang.

available na pala ulit yung MONO Sharkskin Black straps, both the Short and Long versions.  :-D

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »

Antalas ng mata!!!  :lol: akalain mo yun heheheh
zzzzzzz

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »

MONO Strap user as well.