hulika

Author Topic: DRUM SHIELDS  (Read 5219 times)

Offline roshan

DRUM SHIELDS
« on: November 14, 2014, 10:09:05 AM »
mga sir magtatanong lang kung ano masasabi nyo sa drum shields?

need kasi namin ng pang cover sa drum set para hindi masyado malakas yung tunog?

then san po meron mabibilan dito sa pinas? at how much?

salamat sa magreresponse :)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: DRUM SHIELDS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:04:46 AM »
malakas pa rin yung drums kahit maglagay kayo drum shield.

gawa na lang kayo ng ganito

just search for DIY acoustic gobo. mas mura yan kesa dun sa acrylic drum shield. at least eto may absorption capabilities

the best is to ask your drummer to play softer or use electronic drums.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:53:12 AM »
I think it is up to a Good Drummer to regulate volume.  If you still need a drum shield, either you lack skill OR you need a smaller size drum/drumset.

I watched Albert Lee's Drummer in medium sized club and if you know Albert Lee, panay mabibilis ang kanta niya pero parating regulated ang volume ng hampas ng drummer niya.  There was no need for a Drum Shield.  After the show, I got to talk to Albert Lee and he told me na magaling talaga ang drummer niya and he couldn't be luckier.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 06:02:17 PM »
I was given the impression that drum shields aren't actually meant to lower drumset volume, but to control bleed for mics for vocals and instruments in front of the drummer (think church drummer). Technique first of all, then maybe a smaller drum kit and cymbals, or kung wala talaga, electronic kit.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline makinao

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 11:07:53 PM »
One potential problem is monitoring. Because of the shield, you might not be able to hear the rest of the band. So you will end up needing monitors just to hear everyone else.

Another potential problem is that if you have a shield in front of you, all the sound will bounce back to the back. So unless your kit is miked, all the audience will hear is reflected sound, which will be both delayed and muddy.