hulika

Author Topic: new "new beats"  (Read 2014 times)

Offline uy12umainer

new "new beats"
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »
mga sir ok kaya yung 2014 release na new beat hihats?  :? hindi kaya masyado manipis yung top hats?  :cute:

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: new "new beats"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 11:51:08 PM »
try to test,it never felt or sound in anyway sa new beats ko na old logo or mga sweet na lumang luma na
old new beats na naexperience ko.sorry,i tried my new beats sa mga new logo na zildjian,it felt like a different
hihat.
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline uy12umainer

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:33:11 PM »
Salamat sa input sir :)

Offline makinao

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
harugrugrug and others: just curious, ano ang weights ng New Beats nyo? Mine is 780g/1220g. The top is the lightest of any NB top I have played, tight, "airy", responsive, never clangy, but balsy when you get the bottom going. I chose it from three sets they had in the store back in 1976 (Salonga's Cubao pa), the other two being heavier. This will give you an idea of my taste in hi hats. I tried a 2013 NBs last year in JB, and the top seemed to be on the light side too. I think this is why I found those particular 2013 New Beats rather nice.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:53:49 PM by makinao »

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »
dont know the weight sir of mine,but its the era before the new model,got mine in hongkong as well.
my experience with the new logos is in the boxed set sir, i dont say that they are meh but its a little off
than what i experienced.so for me its not that consistent because of the computerized process.
But i saw erskine played on drumeo played the new logos it was tha same vibe as well. maybe its hand picked already.
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline makinao

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »
^ OK. So if you got them were brand new, that would make yours 1980s-2000s, the era in which Zildjian increased weights of all their cymbals because of the increasing loudness of rock music. Your top is probably around or above 1000g. I'm therefore not surprised you find the new A's "off". My top is light, so you probably wouldn't like it. There's even a type of NBs with the sloshy "Ringo" sound, with a low 700g top and 1100g-1200g bottom. I even read about someone with a 1960s 500g top. I can't even imagine what that sounds like.

BTW, I'm talking about 14" NBs.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:54:58 PM by makinao »

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 10:22:13 PM »
maybe maybe,anyway i have the cymbals that im happy with my ears. :-D
yes the 14 incher is the topic here sir. :-D
the light top heavy bottom that i tested was a pocket hi hat but that was 13 inches
maybe theres a break in period for that new logo hats, But i dont know.hehe

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »
Try mo Avedis Mastersound.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
@makinao

i think that makes sense as i think that the new "New beats" are lighter. mine was heavier, bordering to the rock sound na.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline uy12umainer

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »
Hindi ko masyado trip mastersound parang di kasi tight yung closed hihat sound ><

Offline makinao

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »
^ The Mastersound isn't supposed to be tight because of the "rippled" bottom.

I remember the first time I saw that type of bottom cymbal. It was the late 70s and the only locally available cymbals were A Zildjians. Joey Valenciano had just come back from HK with the Philippine Youth Orchestra (I think) and he had a full set of Paistes. Among them was a Sound Edge Hihat. Very new, very shiny, very expensive, and very clangly.