hulika

Author Topic: Journalist Needs Help 2 write About P-rock 4 New York Times  (Read 2660 times)

Offline JFrancois

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Journalist Needs Help 2 write About P-rock 4 New York Times
« on: December 28, 2004, 10:24:36 AM »
Hi. I’m writing an article for the New York Times magazine about Pinoy bands. I wanna make you guys famous. Americans don’t know that if a person wants to hear rock music over half the globe, they’re gonna hear it played by a Philippino band!

I’m looking to find a person whose job it is to watch lots of bands and then decide which one he or she likes best. (How do they decide?) So if anyone knows of a big talent agency, or the name of a big talent agent, that would be great. I’d love their phone number or email address or both. Another idea would be if there’s a contest for cover bands sometime in January or early February. That would be amazing.

Finally, I could really use some help finding the phone numbers of talent agencies like CALEA, PARADA, and PEEPA.. (Please tell me if I’m right, but it seems like they are big ones who choose lots of bands and then send them to other countries, right?) I cannot find them anywhere online!

If anyone can help me with this stuff, I will shower you with booze and food and thanks when  get to Manila in 3-4 weeks!! I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
John Bowe (johnbowe@aol.com)