The Musician Forums > Music Technology & Pro Audio

The Free Plug Ins and Soundfonts Thread

<< < (2/47) > >>

3650guy:
so my question KitC is,  What is your philosphy on the use of plugins? of course it will depend on the recorded content,  but do you rely on a set of
tried and tested plugins in your arsenal for safety or you do experiment?

KitC:
I sometimes rely on word of mouth from others who have used a particular plugin. Often I will see links in mags or sites and I will use them if I think I need them.

Do I experiment? A LOT. Time unfortunately prohibits me from indulging in my favorite pastime which is trying out the myriads of analog emulation synthesizers I have already downloaded. It's getting that it can take Cubase a long time to load; I often have to remove stuff that I don't use.

EDIT: typo.

3650guy:
so when you launch cubase, all registered plugins are also loaded?  whether
you are starting from scratch or not?  or only if the plugin are associated with
a particular project?   btw i'm not familiar with cubase....  but the time warp funtion is really a great feature.... worth migrating to he he....

KitC:

--- Quote from: 3650guy ---so when you launch cubase, all registered plugins are also loaded?  whether you are starting from scratch or not? or only if the plugin are associated with a particular project?
--- End quote ---

Not loaded. More like scanned. It gets worse if you have sample based synths with big libraries. No big trouble, though; Cubase still loads in less than a minute.

The plugin will load only when it is part of a project; sometimes a hassle when I'm loading a big soundset for my EmuX.

--- Quote from: 3650guy ---  btw i'm not familiar with cubase....  but the time warp funtion is really a great feature.... worth migrating to he he....
--- End quote ---

It's great when you want to match an audio file to a grid... although I've grown rather adept at doing the same (tempo matching) in Sonar.

3650guy:

--- Quote from: KitC ---
It's great when you want to match an audio file to a grid... although I've grown rather adept at doing the same (tempo matching) in Sonar.
--- End quote ---

and this would be the trial and error method of drawing  tempo changes per bar right?  so how precise can you draw it?  right down to the downbeat? this should easy when time warping because you just move the line to where you think the downbeats are (waveform) right?.....

anyway this method was shown to me by a friend who used to realign an entire song via the draw tempo method.... when he found out that it was
easier to time warp, boy was he able to do a lot more projects.....  not that i've tried it.... cubase is a whole new ballgame to me..... its a relearning thing
all over again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version