hulika

Author Topic: Portable Speakers Thread!  (Read 45505 times)

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
Portable Speakers Thread!
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »
Hi guys, Please post your portable speakers here and your reviews. What's the best portable speakers in the market?

I have an X-Mini II Capsule Speaker! The sound is excellent! It has a built in battery that takes about two hours to charge by USB socket and it just seems to last forever.

Anyway, my friend has a Sansui Portable Speaker which he bought in Japan! And the sound quality is much better than the X-Mini.

How about you guys?  :-D

references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline cameltoe

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:46:30 AM »

ako eto nabili ko sa cd r king,hindi siya cd r king memorex brand niya from US,ganda ng lahat level,from bass naririnig mo talaga sa likod then mids panalo..Bought for 450p lang!and mas malakas to sa x mini.😊 just my 2 cents..😁

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Portable Speakers Thread!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »

ako eto nabili ko sa cd r king,hindi siya cd r king memorex brand niya from US,ganda ng lahat level,from bass naririnig mo talaga sa likod then mids panalo..Bought for 450p lang!and mas malakas to sa x mini.😊 just my 2 cents..😁

Ohh So far, Sansui pa lang nakikita kong mas maganda sa X-Mini. Kaso medyo expensive! Hindi ko pa natatry yang Memorex! Matry nga, bigla akong nacurious! hahahaha! :)
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
Look no further than the JBL Flip ($99)! :wink:

Offline cameltoe

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
@karl666 try mo muna pwede naman itey sa cdr king and magkakaiba tayo ng taste.😄

Offline spadettie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
i tried the nakamichi, na parang maliit na cube, anlakas din dumadagundong :D

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:48 AM »
Look no further than the JBL Flip ($99)! :wink:

Yeahhh! I heard of the JBL Flip! My bandmate has one too! Great sound quality! :)

@karl666 try mo muna pwede naman itey sa cdr king and magkakaiba tayo ng taste.😄

Alright bro! dadaan ako mamaya sa CD-R king! Hehehe

i tried the nakamichi, na parang maliit na cube, anlakas din dumadagundong :D

I never heard of this one! San meron nito bro? :)

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:58 PM »
I'm considering getting the Flip or the Philips Shoqbox 7300. The 7300 is twice the price ($200) but it has hand gesture command and you can pair two shoqboxes for a stereo effect. It probably is louder too than the Flip since it has 4 speakers and rated 12W all in all.

Yeahhh! I heard of the JBL Flip! My bandmate has one too! Great sound quality! :)

Magkano kuha ng bandmate mo? Ang mahal ata sa mall e. Yung Jawbone Jambox ($199) e Php12,500 ang bentahan sa stores. And the Jambox doesn't even compare to the Flip in sound quality. The Flip beats the Beats Pill and the Jambox.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »
I'm considering getting the Flip or the Philips Shoqbox 7300. The 7300 is twice the price ($200) but it has hand gesture command and you can pair two shoqboxes for a stereo effect. It probably is louder too than the Flip since it has 4 speakers and rated 12W all in all.

i tried that with the X-Mini v1.1 capsules. ive posted my review on the Earphones thread hehe. the store clerk allowed connection of 5 capsules para lang matest namin kung maganda. it sounded nice and i even had to walk outside the store para lang masabi kong malakas talaga. theyre all set to 75% volume, pano pa kaya kung tinodo namin hehehe
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
i tried that with the X-Mini v1.1 capsules. ive posted my review on the Earphones thread hehe. the store clerk allowed connection of 5 capsules para lang matest namin kung maganda. it sounded nice and i even had to walk outside the store para lang masabi kong malakas talaga. theyre all set to 75% volume, pano pa kaya kung tinodo namin hehehe

Maganda nga siguro. Pero wired yan diba? I want wireless. Any experience with the X-Mini KAI?

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 11:57:31 PM »
Maganda nga siguro. Pero wired yan diba? I want wireless. Any experience with the X-Mini KAI?

yup wired. ayus lang dahil dalawa lang naman nagagamit namin ngayon pag lumalabas at enough na sya para soundtrip pag may inom sa beach.

i havent tried the new ones or the high end ones. medyo duda ako sa battery life pag wireless set eh.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »

Magkano kuha ng bandmate mo? Ang mahal ata sa mall e. Yung Jawbone Jambox ($199) e Php12,500 ang bentahan sa stores. And the Jambox doesn't even compare to the Flip in sound quality. The Flip beats the Beats Pill and the Jambox.

I have no idea about the price of the Flip! I'll ask him na lang pag nagkita kami! I think I need to go to the mall to try those portable speakers! Interesting! :)

Yup bro. I have 2 X-Mini II at malakas nga pag magka-konekta. Lalo na yung 5 capsules!

yup wired. ayus lang dahil dalawa lang naman nagagamit namin ngayon pag lumalabas at enough na sya para soundtrip pag may inom sa beach.

i havent tried the new ones or the high end ones. medyo duda ako sa battery life pag wireless set eh.

Oo nga, mahaba talaga Batt Life ng X-Mini! Sulit na sulit! Ang maganda pa dito sa X-Mini. Tatlo yung pede mong pagkabitan ng MP3. Kahit masira yung nasa ilalim na wire, may 2 ka pa na pedeng pagkabitan. :)

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 08:49:01 AM »

The Flip is rated 5 hours. The Shoqbox is rated 8 hours! Ang gusto ko lang sa Shoqbox is that the stereo pairing is done wirelessly. The 7300 itself has four speakers so kung single lang you can have the stereo effect pero not that wide. But if you have deep pockets and will buy two of these, one can act as the left speaker and one as the right. And with a Bluetooth range of 10m (30ft), you'll have a wider stereo effect. With wired pairing, you'll be limited to the length of the wire.

I think I need to go to the mall to try those portable speakers! Interesting! :)

Tatlong klase ang Shoqboxes ha? 7100, 7200, and 7300. 7100 and 7200 contain two speakers but they're cheaper. The 7200 has a rugged rubber case so it's drop-, water-, and dust-resistant. Ideal for hikers and campers. But the 7300 is superior in sound quality with its 4-speaker design. But it's more expensive. Nakakita na ko ng 7200 ($130-170 sa Amazon) sa Power Mac kaso Php11,500 daw! :-o Don't get the Jawbone Jambox ($199), mas maganda pa Flip dun at half the price. Tested the 7200 at Power Mac although not extensively. Ok naman sound and range. I don't know how it compares to the Flip in sound quality and volume.

All shoqboxes support hand gesture command. You can skip, pause, and play songs with a wave of your hand. Here's a testing of the 7200:

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
do these mini speakers (x mini and jb flip) sound better than a mid end laptop?

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
Waaay better than laptop speakers..yung x-minis, they dance when the bass is engaged..the top cover also helps in controlling the direction of the sound..

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »
^And way louder. Sobrang hina ng mga laptop speakers even in the mid-level ones. Say you're using it in a public place like Starbucks, di mo na maririnig even at full volume.  But with these portable speakers you can probably disturb at least half the place if not the whole. :-D

A nice feature of the Shoqbox and Flip is that they can act as a speakerphone. Say it's paired with your phone and you're playing music, if you receive a call just press the phone button on the speaker and you can talk on the speaker's built-in mic while the music cuts off. Upon ending the call, the music continues.

In the latter part of this video the guy uses the Flip as a speakerphone:

Offline spadettie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »

heto yung natry ko pre na nakamichi. madami atang peke lumabas na ganyan. yung natest ko orig galing japan. :D

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 07:28:06 AM »

Tatlong klase ang Shoqboxes ha? 7100, 7200, and 7300. 7100 and 7200 contain two speakers but they're cheaper. The 7200 has a rugged rubber case so it's drop-, water-, and dust-resistant. Ideal for hikers and campers. But the 7300 is superior in sound quality with its 4-speaker design. But it's more expensive. Nakakita na ko ng 7200 ($130-170 sa Amazon) sa Power Mac kaso Php11,500 daw! :-o Don't get the Jawbone Jambox ($199), mas maganda pa Flip dun at half the price. Tested the 7200 at Power Mac although not extensively. Ok naman sound and range. I don't know how it compares to the Flip in sound quality and volume.

All shoqboxes support hand gesture command. You can skip, pause, and play songs with a wave of your hand. Here's a testing of the 7200:

Thanks for the info bro! Now I'm GAS'ing for the Shoqbox!  :)

Waaay better than laptop speakers..yung x-minis, they dance when the bass is engaged..the top cover also helps in controlling the direction of the sound..

Yeahhh! :) I remembered one time when I was listening to some R&B songs, nahulog yung X-Mini ko kasama ng iPod sa sobrang galaw nung speaker! Hahaha

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 07:30:36 AM »

heto yung natry ko pre na nakamichi. madami atang peke lumabas na ganyan. yung natest ko orig galing japan. :D

Madami nga akong nakikita neto sa Tiangge! San kaya may nagbebenta ng ganto sa Pinas na Orig?

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 12:09:04 AM »

I saw one kanina sa mall. Around 2K ata. Didn't test it though coz I wasn't really interested since it's not wireless.

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »
Finally decided to get a Bluetooth portable speaker! Pretty happy with the purchase. Got it for a discounted price of Php3,060. :-D

Testing it right now. Very satisfied with the sound. Initial observation: it's got enough bass, loud enough at full volume but kinda gets distorted, best setting is 80% volume with my iPad mini's EQ set to Jazz, capacitive touch panel at the top works as described.

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 07:11:24 AM »
Finally decided to get a Bluetooth portable speaker! Pretty happy with the purchase. Got it for a discounted price of Php3,060. :-D

Testing it right now. Very satisfied with the sound. Initial observation: it's got enough bass, loud enough at full volume but kinda gets distorted, best setting is 80% volume with my iPad mini's EQ set to Jazz, capacitive touch panel at the top works as described.

Niceeee! San mo nabili bro?

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 07:59:19 AM »
Niceeee! San mo nabili bro?

5th Avenue Marquee Mall. They also have branches in Megamall, North Edsa, MOA, and Trinoma. By the way discontinued na ang product na 'to. May kapalit na 'to, yung Logitech UE Mobile Boombox. The new one is slightly bigger in size, slightly better in sound, and has a claimed range of 50 ft. But it loses the pause, play, back, and next controls on top. I kinda need those kaya ito na kinuha ko. Also, they don't have the UE in stock. They also told me they can order JBL products daw, so baka pwedeng magpa-order ng Flip. Flip definitely has superior sound kaso 5-hour lang yung battery nya. The Mini Boombox is rated at 10 hours on full charge although I have yet to test that.

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 08:52:38 AM »
5th Avenue Marquee Mall. They also have branches in Megamall, North Edsa, MOA, and Trinoma. By the way discontinued na ang product na 'to. May kapalit na 'to, yung Logitech UE Mobile Boombox. The new one is slightly bigger in size, slightly better in sound, and has a claimed range of 50 ft. But it loses the pause, play, back, and next controls on top. I kinda need those kaya ito na kinuha ko. Also, they don't have the UE in stock. They also told me they can order JBL products daw, so baka pwedeng magpa-order ng Flip. Flip definitely has superior sound kaso 5-hour lang yung battery nya. The Mini Boombox is rated at 10 hours on full charge although I have yet to test that.

Ahh. Good choice bro! Planning to buy one sa sweldo! hehehe. Inggit ako sa wireless. I need that for my Sony Tablet! :)

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
Ahh. Good choice bro! Planning to buy one sa sweldo! hehehe. Inggit ako sa wireless. I need that for my Sony Tablet! :)

I got a whopping 13.5 hours of operation on a single charge! Sulit! Kahit maghapon sa beach pwede! :-D

Charging via USB port only takes 3 hours.