hulika

Author Topic: V-AMP2 Sound Test - With Video  (Read 4557 times)

ginblue

V-AMP2 Sound Test - With Video
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:11:48 AM »
Hi to all,

I did a TONE and FEATURE test on the V-AMP2, if you are interested post your email on this thread
and I will send it to you. I tried to upload the video on Photobucket but the sound was degraded when I
preview it thats why email might be better. Im not that good guitar player so just ignore the mistakes on my playing  :-D.

The first video features most of the CLEAN settings and the 2nd one is for DIRT settings.
I used some of the modulations but I didnt emphasize on that feature because that is
just a "bonus" from the v-amp2, the AMP models are the main features of this gear.

If I can load it to youtube without degrading the tone then I will post it here on this thread.

Thanks

Note: If you will download the video make sure you a have sub whoofer because the video is unmixed or you
might use a headphone.
Very bassy on my pc speakers!!! :mrgreen:

Setup:

Guitar > V-Amp2 > Black Box(Bypass mode) > PC
(FYI: Black Box is used for USB Recording)

Guitar Yamaha RGX with FRED(bridge) and HFH(Neck)

mode=related&search=

download this
http://chi-v89.chi.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=pMG6xMQ-oUw
http://chi-v95.chi.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=hZgeYI-9qWU

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:24:32 PM by ginblue »

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: V-AMP2 Sound Test -give me your email
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:20:05 AM »
Here's a song I made ... all guitars are the Vamp 2

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=389019&songID=3159376

...for me the Vamp 2 has really nice and usable dirty sounds....the clean is  so so....not fond of it.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

ginblue

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:31:48 AM »

...for me the Vamp 2 has really nice and usable dirty sounds....the clean is  so so....not fond of it.

Sir Phil,

Yung clean amps ng v-amp2 are clean channels of vintage amp models cguro dapat Fender Strat or Gibson ang guitar natin
para bumagay. Naisip ko lang po, i dont mean to educate you. Peace!

May settings ako sa v-amp2 na clean and nakachain yung ARION TUBULATOR post ko later.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 01:28:16 PM »

Sir Phil,

Yung clean amps ng v-amp2 are clean channels of vintage amp models cguro dapat Fender Strat or Gibson ang guitar natin
para bumagay. Naisip ko lang po, i dont mean to educate you. Peace!

May settings ako sa v-amp2 na clean and nakachain yung ARION TUBULATOR post ko later.

I do use a 2006 American Deluxe strat and a 2007 Gibson ES335 ....it just doesn't sound like any tube amps that they try to emulate. I guess I am just spoiled sa real tube sound..... or maybe I'm turning deaf ....or don't know anything about tube sounds.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:42:20 AM by Phil »

ginblue

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »
hahaha

grabe sa gamit

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
oist musta na tol?oks naba tipla ng vamp mo sa church nyo?

ginblue

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 02:27:24 PM »
di pa ko nakakaplay uli sa church eh hehehhee

ginblue

Re: V-AMP2 Sound Test - With Video
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »
may video na
 :-D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 12:21:08 PM »
..well judging from the clip you posted and my experience.... the clean sound like any other solid state amp....they really didn't do a good job on the "clean" models .

The dirty tones are pretty decent..... especially when you are using hb pickups.

ginblue

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 03:16:32 PM »
sir Phil,

Natry ko po pakingan yung AC30 ng VOX. Its nice on clean settings ref :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4elHVS8IEY.
Lets say im using the same AMP and EQ settings dun sa                   youtube ^ and I have a dirt pedal like MT2, do you think
ok parin ang kalalabasan nun?
Kadalasan kase kapag may MT2 ka more or less di mo gugustuhin na parang basa yung distortion mo di ba?
Like Steve Vai hindi wet ang tone nya kahit naka tube amp sya.
Ang ibig ko lang po sabihin, why should we use TUBE amps kung di naman pala bagay sa mt2 yung settings
ng clean channel ng tube amp.

Sorry for my ignorance.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 03:24:41 PM by ginblue »

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 03:10:51 AM »
Believe it or not there are pedals that works with certain tube amps.

I had an MT 2 when I got back to playing...but my amp was this crappy solid state amp. It sounded good with that amp.

But when I started using tube amps....it just doesn't work for me. I sold it. I would rather use the tube amps gain and boost it with a mild overdrive....in my case( which I seldom do) is a Tube Works Tube Driver and it sounds really good too in the clean channel.

Don't really like the MT2's voicing.... not my type of gain.

to answer your question...... choosing a pedal is a hit or miss thing too. That is precisely why there are a lot of distortion and od pedals out there for different types of voicing. In my case I like using my tube amps gain....crank the volume to get that power tube saturation then control the whole volume with an attenuator.

ginblue

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »
Believe it or not there are pedals that works with certain tube amps.

I had an MT 2 when I got back to playing...but my amp was this crappy solid state amp. It sounded good with that amp.

But when I started using tube amps....it just doesn't work for me. I sold it. I would rather use the tube amps gain and boost it with a mild overdrive....in my case( which I seldom do) is a Tube Works Tube Driver and it sounds really good too in the clean channel.

Don't really like the MT2's voicing.... not my type of gain.

to answer your question...... choosing a pedal is a hit or miss thing too. That is precisely why there are a lot of distortion and od pedals out there for different types of voicing. In my case I like using my tube amps gain....crank the volume to get that power tube saturation then control the whole volume with an attenuator.

Thank you very much! Very enlightening sir Phil.

ginblue

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 10:15:44 AM »
Tip of the Day: Not all tube amps will fit to your liking

Offline mikeeboy

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 10:16:20 AM »
compare the V-amp2 sa POD 2.0 sale say sa yupangco nasa 10taw plus sya, thinking of using it for recording and direct to mixer gigs
are you tryin to be an OAs?

ginblue

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »
compare the V-amp2 sa POD 2.0 sale say sa yupangco nasa 10taw plus sya, thinking of using it for recording and direct to mixer gigs

Buy the POD 2.0 kase ang V-amp2 nasa 10k din sa Elect. Depot eh, wala pang footswitch.
Pero yung V-amp2 ko 4500 with Footswitch and bag, almost bnew condition.
Galing yata sa US to kaya mura ang benta. 5k sa US ang v-amp2, ewan ko sa Elec Depot kung
bakit masyado malaki difference.

BTW, the two has very close similarities hehhehe , clone.

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »
ang ganda ng guitars mo sir phil ah  :mrgreen: