hulika

Author Topic: Your best blues guitarist inspiration?  (Read 96114 times)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Your best blues guitarist inspiration?
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2008, 05:21:18 AM »
the vaughan brothers. jimmie and stevie ray.

reminds of my camaraderie with my own brothers and friends in the blues faith. :cry:

i miss them all!  :cry:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »
after the National G.A.S. day event, i have a new blues guitar hero....

DELTASLIM....  :-)
[

Offline guitbox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2008, 08:50:03 AM »
1) SRV,---for me, he's like the heavy metal of blues.
2) john mayer and lincoln brewster---modern day bluesers.

:-D
My passion comes from my Jesus...

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2008, 09:37:40 AM »
:-D :-D you cant understand doesnt mean its an error :-D :-D

somebody agreed with me so i dont think im a weirdo.. yun yun..

settled...  lets go back to topic.

I didnt say that you made an error...

I was simply trying to impersonate a machine that malfunctioned...

The dragon has put out my fire.

william251082

« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2008, 03:23:47 AM »
I dig Larry Carltons approach to the blues...

Offline guitarpie

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »
I dig Larry Carltons approach to the blues...

Yes, ibang klase din blues ni Larry Carlton. Meron sya blues album, yung Last Nite. Sarap pakinggan, live album pa!
(",)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »
SRV syempre.  It's so easy to like his playing.  So inspiring, that it makes you want to grab your guitar and just jam to the song.  I caught a vid way back of his Texas Flood live performance, & masasabi ko lang... grabe... talk about playing a gig and leaving part of you on that stage.  I'm sure marami rin ang na-inspire with that performance.

I know some of you blues guys would cringe, but Jimmy Page is also a major inspiration.  Song in particular, since I've been loving you.  If you listen closely, you can hear little nuances in his playing, pick dynamics, soft / loud segments, toggling the pickup selector... yep... maririnig mo... in those days, recording a song in a lot of tracks was a rarity, so it's just a good track with little to none of doubling or layering tracks.  And when I heard those subtle nuances, along with his expressive playing, I was totally dumbfounded and awestruck.

These two, SRV and Jimmy Page, are my blues guitar heroes.   :-)
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline jeozz

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »
SRV and ROBBEN FORD
Run, Jump, Make Noise, Just Avoid Sin

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »
At this time, I really like SRV on the In Step record. Especially on the song Life Without You, its just so lovely :-)
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2008, 03:42:40 AM »
in step.... life without you?

ahhh...ung live version ng "life without you"....bonus tracks yun right?

kasi ung studio version na pinanggalingan nun talaga was "soul to soul"

not the "in step" album.....sa original release a? but sa remastered/new release ng in step, yes nandun ang "life without you" na live.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »
Clapton
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw

Offline guitarpie

« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2008, 01:15:35 AM »
My first brush with the blues was Jeff Beck's 'Wired' album..

I admit that I'm not really too fond of the Hendrix, Clapton, or BB King styles, but there's something about Beck's playing that sets him apart from his peers ..

His solo on 'Goodbye Pork Pie Hat' is my textbook case of a classic blues solo - in terms of tone and phrasing. It's amazing how he builds up from whisper-soft levels and cranks it up to that searing, distorted tone .. To this day, that song still sends chills up my spine

I haven't seen any of his videos before, so you can just imagine how ecstatic I was upon finding all those rare, historic clips at youtube.com
Beck is best heard AND seen! It's amazing to see him playing with just his fingers - thumbing his notes, 'heeling' the bridge to get that trademark flutter ..

Unfortunately, I don't quite dig his newer albums' 'techno' touch. I still prefer to hear him in the traditional four or five piece band setting.

Bro yung Cause We've Ended As Lovers, sa Blow By Blow album, ok din ba sa 'yo? Up to now hindi pa rin ako nagsasawa na pakinggan yun.. from the time, year it was released, pati yung Wired album, we got hooked to it ng mga friends ko.. sarap mag-blues ni Jeff Beck no?
(",)

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »
hwow you know this guy?? galeng dude! yeh one of the most underrated!

blues ba to? alam ko magaling sya sa blues pero shredder to ah? meron akong album nya yung may girth, a little more cream please, last train out, elvis talking.. plaid yata yun. ganda! napakahusay na guitar player.. pero kung blues guitarist inspiration?   :lol:
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2008, 12:28:30 PM »
Bro yung Cause We've Ended As Lovers, sa Blow By Blow album, ok din ba sa 'yo? Up to now hindi pa rin ako nagsasawa na pakinggan yun.. from the time, year it was released, pati yung Wired album, we got hooked to it ng mga friends ko.. sarap mag-blues ni Jeff Beck no?

that tune was dedicated by JB to his guitar hero Roy Buchanan. Roy was one of the most underrated guitarist during his time... he's got a killer tone w/ his Tele. too bad his life ended in tragedy... 

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2008, 01:05:48 PM »
unang una kong zinifra yung stormy monday ( Live ) kaya sina Duane at Dikky Betts 1st influence ko. Sobrang trip ko yung Elizabeth Reed nun at yung "Since I've been lovin' you" ng Led Zep. Not everyone appreciates Page's blues playing...

I saw Clapton live when I was in high school. pati Canned Heat, Peter Frampton atbp... si SRV magaling, pero mas pinakikingan ko yung idol niyang si Jimy. sabi nga ng tropa ko... kung blues rin lang, mag Hendrix kana! no disrespect to SRV here... the man's got a great tone! loved his " Sky is Cryin", Riviera Paradise and Little Wing of course!

Sarap din mag blues ni Scoot Henderson sa album niyang Dog Party. Fave ko rin sina Robben Ford, Johny Lang, Albert King, Derek Trucks, Carlton, at siempre naman, hindi pwedeng mawala si BB King! sino mga naka panood sa CCP concert niya? si Scofield, ibang klase naman mag blues... parang "ngumi ngiwe", pero rapsuy parin... dba pareng william?

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2008, 01:38:34 PM »

bakit kaya walang nagba bangit kay gary moore? ain't blues enough? too "white" or simply "baduy" ops, baka magka  debate na naman dahil sa concept ng what's baduy or not baduy sa blues, ( Jon, baka can of worms na naman ito...) sabi kasi ng tropa kong si butch V, pang beerhouse daw si gary moore, lalo na yung kantang "still got the blues", agree or disagree? pang cabaret daw yung melody, hehehe...

may napanood akong video, guest niya sina Albert King at si Albert "the Iceman" Collins, ininterview si Collins, sabi niya blues rock daw yung ginagawa ni Moore... parang hindi niya type yung style nun...

in fairness kay gary, oks naman siya, na commercialize nya lang siguro yung blues lalo na sa mga MTV niya... sa isang cover ng gtr mag, naka Strat na yung mama... pinahinga na yung LP niya... ( mas mukha raw siyang tunay na bluesman pag naka Strat siya? ). 4 me mas effective siya as Rock gitarist nung kasama pa siya sa Thin Lizzy, Skid Row at ni Greg Lake. pero masarap gamitin as background music yung "still got the blues" pang 4play... lalo na pag sisisid ka... mapapapikit yung partner mo! hehehe...

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »
if you're white and you play the blues, you were black once

if you're black and you play the blues, you were black twice
:-D :-D

--i believe BB king said this

e pano when you're brown? :-D :-D :-D paging aya yuson, i love your posts. i would love to hear your take on this.

oh, everybody is welcome to answer my question...that means you too gino. :-D

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »
if you're white and you play the blues, you were black once

if you're black and you play the blues, you were black twice
:-D :-D

--i believe BB king said this

e pano when you're brown? :-D :-D :-D paging aya yuson, i love your posts. i would love to hear your take on this.

oh, everybody is welcome to answer my question...that means you too gino. :-D

if you're brown & you play the blues, Local Brown yun! o kaya Chocolate Brown Blues Band. Jon, pag naka jam mona c BBK, post mo agad yung link sa You Tube.
 Itayo mo yung bandera ng gitaristang kayumangi bro! God bless!

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2008, 04:07:39 PM »
fantasy jam ko lang yun... feeling ko ang swerte ko nang napanood si robben ford at si coco montoya sa gig e.

(nahingi ko pa pick ni coco montoya--medyo suplado nga lang, pero at least meron akong pick nya!) :-D

but i think my dreams of someday jamming with bb king are impossible na! pero libre pa din ang mangarap!!! d ba? :wink:

Offline mgz331

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2008, 10:26:45 AM »
JOHN MAYER!.. sorry... i just started mga 2-3 years ago. sha inabutan ko. =)) but im starting to like other blues guys... i know clapton and jimi na, and stevie matagal na.. but mayer has always been on top of my list! woo!!!

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »
JOHN MAYER!.. sorry... i just started mga 2-3 years ago. sha inabutan ko. =)) but im starting to like other blues guys... i know clapton and jimi na, and stevie matagal na.. but mayer has always been on top of my list! woo!!!

yep he definitely put blues back on the map and made it cool with the ladies again :P
Are You Experienced

Offline morphine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2010, 12:16:32 PM »
by batch
couple of years ago it was hendrix and clapton...
last year it was 3 kings and srv.....
this year checking out joe bonomassa and john mayer....

credit mayer for inventing pogi blues...lol :-D

Offline masterwindu

• Netizen Level
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »
t-bone walker!!!

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
started with jimi hendrix then EC tas list goes on...hehehe!
now i've been listening to young blues players like Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Jonny Lang and Mike"the Monster" Welsch.
nakaka-addict makinig ng blues..still gives me the chills! :evil:
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »
clapton on 24 nights
andy fairweather low & clapton's "malted milk" & "before you accuse me" sa unplugged (also the lick part before "lonely stranger")
jimi's woodstock '69 "redhouse"
john mayall's greeny
jeff healy band's "Me and My Crazy Self"
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.