hulika

Author Topic: Any pinoy Amp makers?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline SexyLicks

• Formerly known as "Paokour"
Any pinoy Amp makers?
« on: July 24, 2014, 02:12:06 PM »
Since I have new found love for music :)

I want to give tribue to Pinoy custom makers and Would like to try all pinoy setup :)

Custom pinoy Amp muna ung siochi guy ba gumagawa pa?

Hey guys! I was at Sir Siochi's all afternoon yesterday and I'm posting to review his amps. His contact info are in his threads which are linked at the bottom of this post.

Anyway, I'll start with his Sunstream amplifier. It's a very simple amp with the volume and tone but very loud for a small amp. It's rated at 10w RMS but it hits 18w peak. It's a little mid-scooped but very smooth and full. The 10" speaker doesn't fuzz out too much at peak volumes which helps keep the break-up smooth and nice. It's the brightest sounding of his amps, mainly because the mids are a little scooped and the 10" speaker. The tone control is very responsive so you can easily turn it into a very bassy amp.

Now, the Kustombre 112 was where it was HAPPENING! The eq is very responsive! Crank any one of the three knobs and you'll hear the difference almost immediately. It's very versatile because of this. Next, cranking the amp, of course, sounded great. Its power-amp tubes saturated beautifully. The sound became very compressed but in a very dynamic way. Rather than actually changing volume, the breakup was what was affected. Every nuance of attack is translated through the amp but in a way that you'll always cut through the band mix.

Where I was pleasantly surprised was with the preamp gain control in this amp. It was still very full and smooth but not muddy by any means, even with the neck pickup. With the bridge pickup of my telecaster, it really showcased the telecaster's bright and cutting character without having the ear-piercing treble. And, the preamp compressed very beautifully and dynamically like the power amp. My tele doesn't have a treble bleed but when I rolled down the volume control, the sound did not lose any brightness at all and gave me a very bright, nice sounding clean tone.

Guys, these amps are the stuff and the way they're priced, they're honestly worth MUCH MORE in my opinion. I think you guys should at least contact Sir Siochi and pay him a visit. It won't hurt.:)

Here are his threads:
Kustombre 112
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,128678.0.html

Sunstream 110
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,150445.0.html

Siochi's landline: (632)8216793
Siochi's cell: 0917-44971-72
Sir Siochi's email: rez_n8@mydestiny.net

He's located at Paranaque. Pay him a visit or email. He's very professional and hospitable. His amps are great and he's a great guy to hang out with himself.:)

Peace and more power to Pinoy luthiers and ampmakers!:)

Is the contact Information correct?

Offline SexyLicks

Re: Any pinoy Amp makers?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:48:20 AM »
Up?

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:03:03 AM »
you could go that route,

and buy pedals from local pedal makers like Jmorrero, Kalikot Audio etc (can't recall all of them)

the buy cables from PedalMax (alam ko he sells them now, kung hindi ako nagkakamali)

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 08:51:20 AM »
siochi is still rockin'
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline SexyLicks

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »
you could go that route,

and buy pedals from local pedal makers like Jmorrero, Kalikot Audio etc (can't recall all of them)

the buy cables from PedalMax (alam ko he sells them now, kung hindi ako nagkakamali)

Really could you Introduce them to me? Since I'm looking for this Overdrive amp na di ko makuha e. :)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »
does siochi have an intsagram account?

I just got hooked with instagram and saw lots and lots of small custom builders..guitars ,pedals, amps..it would be a big help for siochi to promote..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline toybitz

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »
Si Mang Raul makes amps.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 05:09:01 PM »
does siochi have an intsagram account?

I just got hooked with instagram and saw lots and lots of small custom builders..guitars ,pedals, amps..it would be a big help for siochi to promote..

sir add kita IG! pm me ur id.. para makita ko yung mga follows mo.. and yer lovely ladies and rigs.. :)  :wave:
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness."

Offline SexyLicks

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
Si Mang Raul makes amps.

it seems he don't reply though?

Offline opencoke

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 12:42:59 AM »
it seems he don't reply though?
Pag busy lang naman. Pwede ka din bumisita sa kanila mismo afaik.
Paf joe, Evo2, Breeds... STEVE VAI <3

Offline SexyLicks

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 05:30:15 AM »
Pag busy lang naman. Pwede ka din bumisita sa kanila mismo afaik.

San ba sakanila?:D