hulika

Author Topic: Pearl firecracker snare 12x5 or Mapex Pro snare 14x5.5  (Read 955 times)

Offline jmdesign

Pearl firecracker snare 12x5 or Mapex Pro snare 14x5.5
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:30:18 PM »
Which has better sound quality assuming Remo CS Ambassador are used as heads? And which among the two snare drums is better?

Offline Mayuri-sama

Re: Pearl firecracker snare 12x5 or Mapex Pro snare 14x5.5
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:30:21 AM »
may thread na ata bout sa query mo sir. anyway it depends your taste and genre.

the maple shell of the mapex is better than the poplar of firecracker. but sometimes maple isnt always the right stuff. the firecracker has free floating lugs, but then again poplar doesnt posses musical properties like the maple.

also, the mapex is fat sounding whilst the firecracker is more on the crack side

personally i'd go with the firecracker, sana nga lang mas magandang material yung shell

Offline jmdesign

Re: Pearl firecracker snare 12x5 or Mapex Pro snare 14x5.5
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 06:02:26 AM »
may thread na ata bout sa query mo sir. anyway it depends your taste and genre.

the maple shell of the mapex is better than the poplar of firecracker. but sometimes maple isnt always the right stuff. the firecracker has free floating lugs, but then again poplar doesnt posses musical properties like the maple.

also, the mapex is fat sounding whilst the firecracker is more on the crack side

personally i'd go with the firecracker, sana nga lang mas magandang material yung shell

The Mapex have 10 lugs and a better hoop. Firecraker has 6 lugs and 12" in diameter.  (I hope im right with the specs)