The Music Forums > Jazz and Blues Cafe

BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues

<< < (110/111) > >>

SixtyCycleOhm:
^ Thanks. Will try to catch them.

blue buddha:
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

This was the warning, so I will post an update just to upset the warning.

15 straight months na at Martini's. Who would've thought? Certainly not us. Ovewhelming decency. Since the last update, here's what has happened:

- Mel is married....  <_<  ....and singing better than ever.
- Clare Lapuz of ex-Mother Björn and @2003 Rats fame has come onboard and rejoined us. Nice flexibility.   :wave:
- Dopedeeva is now allowed to fill in on occasion. Kung minsan, naka disguise pa rin.   :mrgreen:
- We now have two alternating drummers -- Mang Vic and Gilbert (who brings chops, youth and pogi points to the drumchair).  :-D
- Joey and me now experimenting with how surprisingly great some cheapo guitars can sound and play.  :drool:
- Kedy recovering from a health scare and is back in the saddle.  :)
- Whitey playing better the older he gets.  :cool:
- Roxy refuses to grow despite major infusions of natural, organic, and vaporized fertilizer.  :oops:
- Am traveling way too much.    :|
- Johnny is moving up the deadly weapons chain -- loud bass, airsoft, aikido, now a bullwhip.  :-o
- There are now 11 people in the band -- enough to field a soccer team. I wonder what that means.    :eek:

Lots going on in the Philippine blues scene these days. Nice to see.

blues2death:
buhayin uli! wahahaha

Life and Facebook took over...all the updates that I ever needed and wanted, I could check out on FB and Blue Rat's FB page.

Out of the blue naging curious lang ako about the super long philmusic thread that started 6-7 yrs ago. Grabe siguro ang kalasingan ko when I started this thread, huwaw naman sa mga kwento at super bad grammar ko ...hehe

Last post was from bb, september '12...stunning...but I not too surprising.

Nothing's changed, still proud of that goddamn band, and I still miss you guys.... will be coming home late this year.

kedysanchez:
Hello rat friends.

Just felt like posting our current band schedule in case you would like to enjoy an evening of the blues.

Martinis, Mandarin Oriental, Makati - still every Thursday at 9:30pm

And a show at HANDLEBAR, Polaris, Bel Air on June 28, also at 9:30 pm.

Hope to see you.

kedysanchez:

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/109821/hotels-open-doors-to-exciting-music

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version