hulika

Author Topic: Pearl Demon Drive or Tama Speed Cobra?. Which is best..  (Read 39784 times)

Offline jdr1524

• Veteran Member
Re: Pearl Demon Drive or Tama Speed Cobra?. Which is best..
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
Hey guys, im deciding to trade my pearl elims singles to speed cobra and i haven't tried speed cobra yet even the DD's..  mas okay ba SC sa elims? hehe... i'm just trying to experiment with my pedal,  di ko kaya pagsisihan?? Any comments, suggestions naman po... :)))
You won't go wrong with the SC sir.Magaan and ok ang feel,and it's a long board...Hindi ka po magsisis!! :wink:

Offline musicianurse28

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »
Hey guys, im deciding to trade my pearl elims singles to speed cobra and i haven't tried speed cobra yet even the DD's..  mas okay ba SC sa elims? hehe... i'm just trying to experiment with my pedal,  di ko kaya pagsisihan?? Any comments, suggestions naman po... :)))

Try back reading in this thread sir.. Dameng matututunan :-D Actually maganda pareho ang DD at SC
Planning for a Band Rehearsal Studio business. Baka may alam kayong space for rent around QC area lang. Please PM me. Thank you.

Offline muziquero

« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
Mga sir, balak ko kase magupgrade ng pedal.. And gusto ko nga sana DD or SC.. Single pedal lang.. Gamit ko kaseng foot technique for my double strokes is slide technique .. Ano kaya sa dalawa mas okey sa technique na yon?.. Thanks po!..  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:26:16 PM by muziquero »
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.. - Neil Peart (RUSH)

Offline musicianurse28

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »
Mga sir, balak ko kase magupgrade ng pedal.. And gusto ko nga sana DD or SC.. Single pedal lang.. Gamit ko kaseng foot technique for my double strokes is slide technique .. Ano kaya sa dalawa mas okey sa technique na yon?.. Thanks po!..  :mrgreen:

Demon Drive for the win.. Ganda pag gamitan ng slide technique.. Lalo na pag naka-short board setup.. :wink:
Planning for a Band Rehearsal Studio business. Baka may alam kayong space for rent around QC area lang. Please PM me. Thank you.

Offline sey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
kung anu mas mura aun mas maganda!! hahaha mas mura kc ang Speed Cobra!! kaya aun bibilin ko and madami ako nresearch na reviews about sa two pedals

but it depends padn sa gagamit! ^^

Godblesss!!

Offline ianianian

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2011, 10:51:13 PM »
Bat kaya mas mura inilabas yung SC kesa sa IC nung inintroduce dito sa pinas? Based on my review I go SC rather than DD. :D

Offline curry

« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »
Speed Cobra  :mrgreen:
I've tried DD which is also good but I feel more comfortable with SC.
Actually both pedals are awesome, it's just a matter of your personal preference coz we all have different feet.... and also what fits your precious budget.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:49:27 PM by curry »

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
Can you share your Speed Cobra settings.

Spring tension & beater height.

Tnx

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2014, 09:41:19 PM »
Sort of loose 30 degree angle,in short Malayo na maluwag ang pedal. :idea:
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2014, 08:35:36 AM »
Sort of loose 30 degree angle,in short Malayo na maluwag ang pedal. :idea:

Sir. Did you make some adjustments on the beater holder?

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
Sir. Did you make some adjustments on the beater holder?

Yup,Tinaas ko Siya,to the point that the beater height would I bit higher. Hindi Siya magi impact sa Gitna ng kick,a bit higher than that. :)
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2014, 10:06:40 AM »
Yup,Tinaas ko Siya,to the point that the beater height would I bit higher. Hindi Siya magi impact sa Gitna ng kick,a bit higher than that. :)

Sir, the beater holder's default setting is aligned with its line markings. (Center)
Should I move it forward (closer to the drumhead) or backward (away from the drumhead)?

Tnx

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »
Sir, the beater holder's default setting is aligned with its line markings. (Center)
Should I move it forward (closer to the drumhead) or backward (away from the drumhead)?

Tnx

Haha! Never thought of that part of the pedal,anyway,away from the drum head. Because I can play more dynamics with kick. :mrgreen:

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:06 AM »
Haha! Never thought of that part of the pedal,anyway,away from the drum head. Because I can play more dynamics with kick. :mrgreen:

Sir, dba'If the beater is far from the drumhead, you have less control?

Offline mimipetrucci

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »
 :wave: speed cobra

Offline Mapex

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »
ive tried both of em and honestly they do deliver what they offer, i can live with either of them.
only thing i find about the demon drive is that it looks a little fancy, other than that, i'ts a great pedal
so you can't go wrong with either of the two..

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »
Sir, dba'If the beater is far from the drumhead, you have less control?

No,Akala mo lang,if the beater is nearer e di Ka makakalakAs,imagine the far like accents na sobranf lutong at malakas,while your height of ghost is the one nearer the head,you can't play a full accent stroke on a height of a ghost note,yeah you have control but not full control,you will not utilize the full potential of the bass drum itself.

Offline theredd

• Netizen Level
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
i have checked both pedals already and i have came to my own conclussion that the pearl demon drive is a lot better. of course im speaking on my own behalf lang naman.  :-D

pwera sa direct drive, ung naka attract sa akin sa demon drive is ung z-link. ang galing kasi dahil sa z-link wlng delay or play sa slave pedal mo which can affect your playing talaga. as far as i remember, ung concept nito ay galing sa axis pedals yata if i remember correctly. most drummers would buy the zlink separately just to avoid the play or delay.

downside lang nung demon drive is ung beater. kung totoosin mas maganda pa ung beater ng tama iron cobra or ng eliminator or if you can ung hammer beater ng axis pedals. pero aside from that its all good.

sa speed cobra naman, un sana ang kukunin ko if only may z-link siya  :cry:

but anyways, at the end nsa personal preference mo pa rin. hope that helps  :) 

Offline musicianurse28

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »
Either maganda. It both does their jobs. But for me, I'll go for the Demon rather than the Cobra. Demon kasi, short board user ako. I tried the longboard for quite a time and even tried it sa gigs pero talagang narealize ko na mas gusto ng paa ko ang shortboard. Demon di ba can be long or short board? While the Cobras, fixed na talaga na long board. So 1 point sa Demon.

Maganda naman talaga pareho eh. Aesthetics wise panalo rin. Nasa gagamit lang talaga. Walang the best, the best.

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2014, 09:32:26 PM »
Either maganda. It both does their jobs. But for me, I'll go for the Demon rather than the Cobra. Demon kasi, short board user ako. I tried the longboard for quite a time and even tried it sa gigs pero talagang narealize ko na mas gusto ng paa ko ang shortboard. Demon di ba can be long or short board? While the Cobras, fixed na talaga na long board. So 1 point sa Demon.

Maganda naman talaga pareho eh. Aesthetics wise panalo rin. Nasa gagamit lang talaga. Walang the best, the best.

Mas Mura speed cobra plus hard case,hehe!

Yup personal preference,might change my mind on demon chain,hehe,not a fan of dd,except for axis. <_<

Offline sigangpusa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »
speed cobra for me :idea:

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:24 PM »
Recently switched from sc to dd,
Sc is very simple,while dd has many choices to the point that you get confused
Ehehe.so I read the manual. Both are ok,speed cobra is really strong in kick
I mean really helps you with projection,while dd is fast that it lacks on punch
Both have ugly beaters which I don't like.
Both I got to say it's harder to play in demon drive because it's an honest pedal
If you really dig on your foot technique,you will hear your inconsistencies in the doubles
While speed cobra compliments you thus it doesn't expose some of your flaws.
I'm staring to rework my foot technique now because after almost 2 decades of drumming
Demon drive exposed some nasty stuff on my bass technique,yes it's easy to
Play fast in this pedal but controlling it is very hard,so control over speed first for me
My legs are swelling at this moment.ehehe.i bought a kick drum pad and just gave myself a
Workout and will be doing it again later,ahaha.so that's my opinion so far.
And both my settings in pedal is very loose spring settings and beater is quite far back
One thing I hate in dd is I have to raise the angle of the pedal to make the beater go a little far back
Unlike speed cobras.i don't really like angled pedals.

Offline infernal.battery

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2014, 05:16:44 PM »
tried them both and both are awesome :) \m/
\m/ T_T \m/

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »
tried them both and both are awesome :) \m/

Hi Moon! Alvin blont to,ehehe,Anu fb mo paps, :cute:

Offline infernal.battery

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »
master kamusta? di ako mahilig nag fb eh hehehe pero add moko sir www.facebook.com/pitchblack.moon like mo nadin sir tenebrion tsaka thanatopsia ah \m/
\m/ T_T \m/