The Musician Forums > Guitar Central

MICSIS GUITAR SPOT BY MIKE SISON

(1/653) > >>

stefan_hendrixx:
              He was referred to me by Turi since I needed someone new to maintain my guitars and I wanted someone who is O.C when it comes to setting up axes. I went to him last sunday coming from Libis to Sucat. Yes! it was that far however when I brought my new Tele copy and Fernandes Strat for a full setup I was really happy afterwards. When I got my Tele from a fellow forumite the action was bad I mean way bad, and to top it all there was a loud static when I plugged into the amp. Mike installed my new Artec hotrails for the bridge since i like Humbuckers definitely for the bridge. He rewired the tele changed the volume pot to 500k, adjusted the neck since it was not aligned with the body. He also changed the string gauge from 9's to 10's and finally adjusted the pickup heights and there was it! Surprisingly the Tele copy without being too honest sounded far more better than a Squire affinity Tele(well of course the wood was alder to start with) And yes Mike made the necessary tweaks that suited my taste and tone.Aside from that while waiting for your guitars his place was really comfortable and the guy was really accommodating...and to top it all he also makes custom made guitars at a very affordable price (knowing how much a custom guitar costs) I personally tried his custom tele made of pine wood and god! it can go head to head with a U.S highway one Tele..Im not kidding bro's! :-D

Im writing this review/commendation to Mike because I personally think he deserves to be considered as one of the top luthiers in this country. He is indeed doing the lords work for us musicians because he is offering his quality (yes I mean quality!!) service at a very affordable and reasonable price....Any other Mike Sison customers out there?? post & share your stories and pics... :-D :evil:

sargento:
UP para kay Sir Mike!!! Malapit lang ako sa kanila, next month siguro pa setup ko yung gitara ko.

scofield:
mike's the best!

detailed trabaho and has an ear for good tone.  :-)

bryanarzaga:
good luck Micsis!

stefan_hendrixx:
btw heres mike's contact number 09175310209
location ng shop nya is 100A greenheights ave greenheights village sucat paranaque :-D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version