Tech Forums > Gadgetopolis

Digital TV Box

<< < (2/11) > >>

hunk0429:
^^^ get an HD antenna.. you can get 1 from your trusted CDRking. make sure it's labeled HD Antenna. i think it has something to do with the frequency or value of resistance or something like that for digital signal.

please note that even though these boxes are being advertised as HD DTV (high definition digital television), it's not. it's just digital signal. the signal that are being transmitted is just SD (Standard Definition) or 480p. HD(high definition) signal will show @ 720p. again, it's mainly because of the networks transmitting these signals.

if you have an HD/FHD LED TV and you have a digital tv box, notice the quality of what you are watching, its basically being stretched - but, yes it is clear. although i can only say this for what im using (abs cbn black box).

who knows, maybe one day, networks will transmit FHD digital signal sometime.. well maybe after 20years, lol. *pun intended*

inexperience:
Can you make a list of channels na talagang malinaw? thanks

chiqgarcia:

--- Quote from: inexperience on October 01, 2015, 04:16:57 PM ---Can you make a list of channels na talagang malinaw? thanks

--- End quote ---

+1. gusto ko rin malaman.

regarding mkv/mp4 playback, na-try mo na ba magplay ng mga 1080p movies from yify (H264)? walang bang piyok? pwede ba siya saksakan ng 1 tb hard drive?

marzi:

--- Quote from: hunk0429 on October 01, 2015, 03:55:03 PM ---^^^ get an HD antenna.. you can get 1 from your trusted CDRking. make sure it's labeled HD Antenna. i think it has something to do with the frequency or value of resistance or something like that for digital signal.

please note that even though these boxes are being advertised as HD DTV (high definition digital television), it's not. it's just digital signal. the signal that are being transmitted is just SD (Standard Definition) or 480p. HD(high definition) signal will show @ 720p. again, it's mainly because of the networks transmitting these signals.

if you have an HD/FHD LED TV and you have a digital tv box, notice the quality of what you are watching, its basically being stretched - but, yes it is clear. although i can only say this for what im using (abs cbn black box).

who knows, maybe one day, networks will transmit FHD digital signal sometime.. well maybe after 20years, lol. *pun intended*

--- End quote ---

yeap, i saw on some posts in PinoyDVD that the cdr king antennas work. a Php280 multi-directional HDantenna works wonders daw.

and yes, the transmission received is at 480p. although there are some rumors that some local channels might transmit at 720p HD(good enough for me) - i wish these networks wont be that stingy and upgrade their facilities to deliver what they promised.

funny i didnt notice it being stretched out though.

--- Quote from: inexperience on October 01, 2015, 04:16:57 PM ---Can you make a list of channels na talagang malinaw? thanks

--- End quote ---

channel 2(malinaw when i tested it in sm appliance but when i got home, di na sya masagap). theres also Sports+Action(free) pero same origination lang naman ng channel 2 so di na rin masagap.

channel 4

tv 5 and aksyon tv

channel 7

gma news tv

BEAM(has 4 sub channels lahat malinaw)

GEM TV(ito yata yung sa iglesia ni cristo)

UNTV

and some other channels na hindi ko pa pinapansin dahil channel 7 at news tv pa lang pinapanooran ko.

RPN 9(CNN Philippines) is weird though. mag start pa lang yata sila mag switch to digital in the coming months. weird dahil its a well known news channel and they shouldve required RPN to deliver quality transmission before they started.

hunk0429:
^^^
i have the same as well
+
abscbn sports channel
dzmm teleradyo - exclusive to abscbn blackbox
knowledge channel - exclusive to abscbn blackbox
cinemo - exclusive to abscbn blackbox
YEY - exclusive to abscbn blackbox
catsup - basically re-run of tv5 segments

pros of abscbn blackbox - exclusive channels
cons - no hdmi out - although not biggie coz of the signal @ 480p
-no usb input for watching movies thru external drive / usb flash drive - again not biggie coz my tv already have that (saves electricity since i dont need to turn on the box just to watch movies thru usb)
-no direct recording;

BTW, some are reporting they can get 2nd avenue and jacktv! i dont have the RPN9 though...

list of frequencies:

--- Quote ---ETC Frequency: 521.143MHz
Jack City
2nd Avenue
HSN (Blink TV "Test Broadcast")

GMA Frequency: 551.143MHz
GMA News TV
GMA 1SEG (for mobile 1seg built-in tuners)

BEAM SD 1 Frequency: 581.143MHz
BEAM SD 2
BEAM SD 3
BEAM SD 4

UNTV-1 Frequency: 617.143MHz
UNTV-2
ADDTV
UNTV 1seg (for mobile 1seg built-in tuners)

SMNI Frequency: 629.143MHz (offline)

PTV SD1 Frequency: 641.143MHz (New Frequency
PTV SD2
PTV SD3

ABS-CBN Frequency: 647.143MHz
ABS-CBN Sports+Action
CINEMO! ------------------- (Encrypted) Only available on TVplus
YEY! ----------------------- (Encrypted) Only available on TVplus
Knowledge Channels ------ (Encrypted) Only available on TVplus
DZMM Teleradyo ---------- (Encrypted) Only available on TVplus
ABS-CBN 1seg (for mobile 1seg built-in tuners)

Hope Phil HD Frequency: 653.143
3ABN
Hope Inter SD

INC Frequency: 683.143MHz ( offline )

TV5 Frequency: 695.143MHz

AKSYON TV
CATSUP (Test Broadcast)
TV5 1SEG (for mobile 1seg built-in tuners)
--- End quote ---

try doing a manual search, maybe you can get those channels. again, it depends on the location and how good the position and/or the quality of your antenna.

for no monthly fee! yes its highly recommended!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version