hulika

Author Topic: single coil users  (Read 1293 times)

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
single coil users
« on: June 18, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »
guys do you use single coils? a lot of people says that single coil cant be used for rock and roll.. but they are wrong... single coils are very versatile, Jimi hendrix even rocks with single coils. good clean tones can be heard from single coils too..

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: single coil users
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »
I've been a single coil player since I picked up the electric guitar. Of course you can use it for rock & roll - LOTS of famous players made their names with the single coil sound. And honestly, with my limited experience with humbuckers (got to use an LP a few times), I can get better tones out of single coils. Sanayan na rin siguro. :-)

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 12:50:18 AM »
I agree with you on that one :) certainly single coils can rock ..

Offline Daemon Transmission

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 03:32:03 AM »
Parang drugs ha, o alcoholics anon :-D. Hi! Im ______ and Im a single coil user, pair of Quarter Pounders on my tele and a Humbucker sized P-90 (neck) on my Yammy semi.
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 06:31:05 AM »
I've been a single coil player since I picked up the electric guitar. Of course you can use it for rock & roll - LOTS of famous players made their names with the single coil sound. And honestly, with my limited experience with humbuckers (got to use an LP a few times), I can get better tones out of single coils. Sanayan na rin siguro. :-)
single coils and humbuckers rock.... both are designed and voiced differently and can achieve what they are designed to sound. So its out there for you to choose from.... your tone might be in single coils or in humbuckers. I like both.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline rust

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 09:23:30 AM »
my nakita ako LP design pero ung pick ups nya eh SSS set up. ok ba yan? thanks

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »
try playing it man... if you like the playability and it sounds good to your ears then yes. Why would you care what people say about it? Are they playing and buying it. YOU are going to own and play it right? So it's you should decide if okay or not.....not other people.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline orangeogre

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »
I used to hate SC's. Not I can't live without them. Sa HB's naman ako nabibitin ngayon. That's just me ha.

Pero na mimiss ko na din minsan ang thickness ng HB's.

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »

Try asking the owner to make a video sample so that you can hear if it really sounds good.

Offline charlz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 05:50:25 PM »
mga ser yung hot rails ba mga how much kaya db yun ung single coil ang itchura pero humbucker sha??
cel no.::0922-873-3712..0935-204-0080
successful transactions with:BAMF,Toybitz,neil_squadron,mondemonle,kenzu0911,
hardcore misery,Donard,diaboliche,ciswith,avatarsaint,soliloki,Elpugonero, jesper2g,luk3,sikheadzraf,p2ltronilogd,mrpentatonic,paparoni

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 09:28:36 PM »
guys do you use single coils? a lot of people says that single coil cant be used for rock and roll.. but they are wrong... single coils are very versatile, Jimi hendrix even rocks with single coils. good clean tones can be heard from single coils too..

I love single coils especially the clarity, practicality and versatility they bring. My recently acquired first electric guitar has a SSH configuration with a coil tap system. Hey - it's a Fernandes, what can I say. I believe they smoke Fender's
all the way. Better than the real thing. Honestly, it blew me right away.

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »
I have a yamaha RGX Ty Tabor model and all i can say is that the single coil neck and mid pick ups in it are awesome.. 8-)

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 08:37:10 AM »
misconception before not to use a metal muff or mt2 on a single coil, when i tried it, my tone is much more define... just control the noise with the volume  :lol:

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »
I prefer single coils din. Right now the humbuckers are too thick for me. Maybe it's just me but, I miss the single coils. If I could pile up another stack of money again I'd buy them..
Salvation is here and He lives in me.......

Offline papotzki85

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 10:18:33 AM »
singles are the best. of all singlecoil pups ive tried Fender Lace Gold Sensors are the best. totally clean and quiet. versatile as well. for any genre this is perfect for me  :wink: