hulika

Author Topic: Jason Bonham  (Read 1355 times)

Offline toybitz

Jason Bonham
« on: November 11, 2007, 01:54:23 AM »
Wow! its been a long time since I listened to the son the greatest Rock drummer!

my fave album of his is Mad Hatter...

I know his "In the Name of the Father" was a flop...though he was heavily influenced and the son of legendary John, he still ain't his Dad...

...having said that, which is imo, ...Jason still kicks hard rock ass!

Has he ever sessioned for somebody?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:57:54 AM by drumster »
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Jason Bonham
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:09:51 AM »
Was he the one whose band's name was 'Bonham' during the glam era?

Offline glynminded

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:45:24 AM »
I read in some article he was the one who played drums for Led Zeppelin's reunion tour... :-)
I didn\'t know you can watch dreams in a theater?!

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »
He appeared in the movie "Rockstar" as the drummer for Steel Dragon.  :mrgreen:
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline cs_mapper

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 03:23:44 AM »
Bonham was born in the town of Dudley, Worcestershire. He first began playing drums at the age of 4, and appeared with his father in the film The Song Remains the Same, drumming on a scaled-down kit.[1] At 17, he joined his first band, Airrace. In 1985, he joined Virginia Wolf, making two albums and touring the US supporting The Firm. In 1988, Bonham joined former Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page for his Outrider album and tour. The following year, Bonham appeared with the 3 surviving members of Led Zeppelin for a "reunion" at Atlantic Records' 40th anniversary concert in New York. John Paul Jones believes Bonham's performance was outstanding that night. In 1989, he appeared as a special guest at the Moscow Music Peace Festival, performing the song "Rock and Roll" with many major rock stars of the day. That same year, he formed his own band, Bonham, whose Zeppelin-inflected first release The Disregard of Timekeeping had a hit single, "Wait for You". However, after a lukewarm reception for their 1992 release, Mad Hatter, the band was dissolved, and Bonham concentrated on session work and guest appearances.

A young Jason Bonham in the film The Song Remains the SameIn May 1990, Bonham married Jan Charteris, in Stone, Kidderminster. His wedding reception included a jam with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones. The Bonhams have two children, a son named Jager (not named after Mick), and a daughter, Jaz. Bonham drummed for Paul Rodgers on the Grammy winning Muddy Water Blues: A Tribute to Muddy Waters project. A year later with Slash and Paul Rodgers, he appeared at Woodstock II in 1994. Bonham reformed his band with a new lead singer, Marti Frederiksen, replacing Daniel McMaster. Renamed Motherland, they released the album Peace 4 Me later in 1994. However, his down-to-earth nature always showed--on one occasion making an encore drumming appearance for local Led Zep tribute band Fred Zeppelin.

In 1995, Jason represented his father when Led Zeppelin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Bonham soon put together another solo project which culminated in In the Name of My Father - The Zepset, which featured the songs of Led Zeppelin. Proceeds from the album went to charity. The album followed up with When You See the Sun. Bonham drummed for Healing Sixes from 1999–2003 and appeared in the film Rock Star which starred Mark Wahlberg. The band in the movie, Steel Dragon actually recorded the songs featured in the movie and the soundtrack. Following an album and tour with Debbie Bonham, the younger sister of John Bonham, Bonham was invited to drum for hard rock group UFO. In 2006, he recorded with Joe Bonamassa. He has,for the last couple of years, been the drummer with the band Foreigner.

The Damnocracy logoBonham starred with Ted Nugent, Evan Seinfeld (Biohazard), Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) and Scott Ian (Anthrax) on the VH1 reality tv show, "SuperGroup", in May 2006. The musicians formed a band called Damnocracy (after ditching the name FIST and God War) for the show, during which they lived in a mansion in Las Vegas for twelve days and created music.

On 12 September 2007, it was revealed that Jason would step into his father's shoes and play drums for a Led Zeppelin reunion concert in December at London's The O2 venue as part of an all-star tribute to Ahmet Ertegun.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 03:29:07 AM »
Was he the one whose band's name was 'Bonham' during the glam era?

you got it right Din!

He appeared in the movie "Rockstar" as the drummer for Steel Dragon.  :mrgreen:

ah....

hindi ba nandun din yun drummer ng Slaughter?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:32:27 AM by Akira JUMBO »
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?