hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 347188 times)

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #800 on: November 01, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »
ganun?

Offline yeyeh

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #801 on: November 02, 2009, 11:34:16 AM »
maghanap ng mga bagong maishshare samin.saludo!

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #802 on: November 04, 2009, 10:52:25 AM »
maghanap ng mga bagong maishshare samin.saludo!

yun oh. mayer ng QC  :lol:

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #803 on: November 04, 2009, 11:26:19 AM »
yun oh. mayer ng QC  :lol:

mejo kilabot nga nun sa Sausage Bar, nag Mayer Trio sila ng Grasa.. heheheh, parang si JM sa stage with the long hair! hehehehe..

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #804 on: November 05, 2009, 12:22:39 AM »
Hey guys so was there or will there be any John Mayer jams or events... The Battle Studies fever is officially on

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #805 on: November 05, 2009, 01:17:33 AM »
Hey guys so was there or will there be any John Mayer jams or events... The Battle Studies fever is officially on

Jam!!!
“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #806 on: November 05, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »
Dale and I will come up with something soon. maybe we can call it the "Battle Studies EB".. watchutink?

Offline southernboi

« Reply #807 on: November 05, 2009, 10:48:20 AM »
i'm into metal genre . .but i really like the songs of John Mayer. .he is very good!

+1000000 to John Mayer's good comments.  :wink:
PLEASE READ:

beware of GIOVANNI MISSiON also known as GIO_KARAYUM from BOHOL . . He is a SCAMMER!  still not responding on any call or text after I transferred my down payment to her mom's account daw.   Bka kayo nman ang next biktimahin. . Ingat nl

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #808 on: November 11, 2009, 04:49:04 PM »
Just listened to the entire Battle Studies album. All I can say is... WOW. Oh man, his songwriting is better than ever! Continuum was awesome but JM definitely kicked it up a notch... or two.

My favorite tracks:
- Heartbreak Warfare
- Half of My Heart
- War of My Life
- Do You Know Me
- Friend, Lovers or Nothing

"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #809 on: November 11, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »
Just listened to the entire Battle Studies album. All I can say is... WOW. Oh man, his songwriting is better than ever! Continuum was awesome but JM definitely kicked it up a notch... or two.

My favorite tracks:
- Heartbreak Warfare
- Half of My Heart
- War of My Life
- Do You Know Me
- Friend, Lovers or Nothing

Has it been released? I agree the songwriting is great. It's less blues-oriented though, which is a bummer for some including myself. :)
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #810 on: November 11, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
Nope, I got it from "other" sources :)

Well, JM branching out is a good thing because that way, his music can reach out to more people. Being a one-trick pony is mighty fine but it only goes to show that JM is much more than blues :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline acousticky14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #811 on: November 11, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »

Has it been released? I agree the songwriting is great. It's less blues-oriented though, which is a bummer for some including myself. :)

yup! actually it's released today in the US. the album is great i can sincerely say that the wait is worth it.

I'm listening to his Battle Studies Album right now and i can't choose which of the following is my favorite because i love them all. It's been a long time since i grabbed my guitar, this album made me wanna play again.   :lol:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 07:47:25 PM by acousticky14 »

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #812 on: November 11, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »
I love his new album! Grabe! I've listened to it na. Genius talaga ang idol natin. He made an entirely different JM on this one compared sa continuum.. same na malupit, pero ang layo ng songwriting and arrangement. Idol talaga!

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #813 on: November 11, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »
Ouch na leak agad yung album nya...  :roll: 
“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline shift015

« Reply #814 on: November 11, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »
true, he may steal riffs from his own idols, and he admits it. pero it's all done not to mock or desecrate those other guitar gods.

think of it this way: he truly communicates using his music. and if he's saying Jimi Hendrix, you hear bits of Jimi Hendrix, or SRV, or Clapton. He's sharing his experiences through music. it's actually amazing how he goes about doing it. ang sarap pa rin pakinggan.

dati na-corny-han ako sa Room for Squares, but then i got into the nitty gritty of HOW he plays those riffs... ang galing! the album feels like driving down the highway at sunrise.

sa Try! and sa Continuum naman, he goes on to explore. they may sound sorta boring at first, pero if you take a closer listen and really let yourself FEEL the music, you'll get to appreciate it more.

fan ako. and that's my opinion. :)
Behringer BO-100 Blues Overdrive
Compressor from Cacophony
ShredHead from MarkV SD-1 from MaxiMusikero & my significant udder more to come! :D RIGHTEOUS GAS!!!

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #815 on: November 11, 2009, 08:14:03 PM »
Nope, I got it from "other" sources :)
same here bro. hahaha

Well, JM branching out is a good thing because that way, his music can reach out to more people. Being a one-trick pony is mighty fine but it only goes to show that JM is much more than blues :)

Well, he did start with pop stuff. I think this album is leaning towards the alternative rock side na.. not bad at all. Very "heartbreak" oriented if you will? Maybe its his blues. Certainly better than emo.  :lol:
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #816 on: November 11, 2009, 08:29:41 PM »
well guys, he really dd a good job. if given a chance, i'd do the same. i'll start out on Popular Music (pop), then when i get to have my fan base, fans or followers, i'll show my true color: being a Bluesman. its a win-win situation.

galing noh?

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #817 on: November 11, 2009, 09:29:11 PM »
Galing talaga, I've been listening to it over and over. Walang tapon yung Battlestudies album! Sana irelease na para makabili! Ang lawak talaga ng musicality niya. Fresh na fresh na mga kanta.

Kanina, while I was on my way home, pinapakinggan ko yung Continuum sa ipod ko. Sabi ko sa sarili ko mukhang last time (for now) ko na maririnig tong continuum. Battlestudies all the way muna:D

Offline andrew_O_O

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #818 on: November 11, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »

hehe  :-D

Offline nellytee41

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #819 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:47 PM »

hehe  :-D

ang kyut naman hehe, i love elmo too!!!  :-D

John Mayer was one of my driving force on learning the guitar.

nung natutunan ko yung "Your Body is a Wonderland" feeling ko imba na ako hehe  :lol:
ROOTNOTES BASSIST CLUB MEMBER # 57 :)

Warwick Bass Club member #05

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #820 on: November 12, 2009, 12:18:55 AM »
I'm at 93% of the download but there's no way i won't buy an original copy of the album when it hits the Philippine shores.

Guys, pasensya if i don't drop by here as often. The_Nong and I will try to arrange something. Hopefully my thesis and the NMAT is over soon... keep rockin' guys!

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #821 on: November 12, 2009, 02:19:29 AM »
Just to add... yeah I always hear people talking about him "tryin" to sound like this player or that player.

In the end, it's still his song. Same way how my friend says that literally, the blues has been played  out and has been played all over but it's still there and can still find its identity among all the blues players out there in its own little way  :-)

Can't wait for Battle to hit pinas...

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #822 on: November 12, 2009, 05:05:58 AM »
My take on the 2 released songs of Battle Studies (Who says and Heartbreak Warfare), mahaba so link na lang sa blog.
http://chromaticnote.blogspot.com/2009/11/pre-review-of-battle-studies.html

Music Furniture

Offline boy_noel

« Reply #823 on: November 13, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »
meron na rin ako battle studies.. got it from "other" source also.. :roll:

maganda lahat, as usual walang tapon, but i like "assassin" the best.. :wink:
rock & funk!!!

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #824 on: November 13, 2009, 10:30:39 PM »
i like the last track the best...