hulika

Author Topic: Alkaline Water: What are your thoughts..?  (Read 15768 times)

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
Alkaline Water: What are your thoughts..?
« on: February 28, 2011, 04:07:35 PM »
Mods please delete if there is a existing thread about this.

Alkaline Water:What it does to you..Do you recommend drinking this?

http://www.thepoc.net/thepoc-features/health-and-wellness/health-and-fitness-features/5852-alkaline-ionized-water-philippines.html

Offline nieldan

Re: Alkaline Water: What are your thoughts..?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:31:52 PM »
based on experience.. parang iba lasa nya compare mo sa mineral water..
Fernandes FR-55 • 1978 Aria Pro II Les Paul • Shredhead, APW-7, DS-1 Britmod

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
upping this thread. interesado ko sa answers ng forumites natin

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »
maganda sa katawan yan brod,been drinking it for 6 months na,advised ng family friend na doctor

sabihin na lang natin ibabalik ang katawan sa halos amoy baby

puede mong gamitin damit mo for 4 straight days walang palitan,at wala pa rin gaanong masamang amoy

:-D :wink:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:52:05 AM by edmund »

Offline mrslow96

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »
oo nga iba talaga lasa nito sa mineral water , pero based sa mga studies at mga naririnig ko nakaka pag bigay ng lakas daw to eh

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »
nakaka pag bigay ng lakas daw to eh

gusto ko to  :evil:

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:27:25 PM »
kunti lang pag kaka iba, sanayan lang-i mean kung alam mong maganda sa katawan iinom ka na,,tsaka di naman masama lasa  :wink:

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
para ba nitong ineeliminate yung mga toxins sa katawan?

Offline jeffyonzon_025

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
/anung lasa nito ? magkano per liter ?
Array

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »
ewan ko kung mag kano per liter, may ginagamit kame sa bahay na gadget ,di kame bumibili na.yung tap water mismo ginagawang alkaaline water ng gadget

@kelen- oo mismo-diba pag acidic katawan lapitin ng sakit at mikrobyo, pag alkaline ka kabaliktaran yung ,chicks na lang lalapit sa iyo di na sakit at mikrobyo hehehe  :wink:

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
bibili kasi dapat ako nung isang araw sa water station ng 1 liter. sample kumbaga. kaso naubusan sila  :-(

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »
1 to 2 weeks mo makikita result niyan,basta inom ka lang ng inom-puede mong gawingtubig pang araw araw

magkano ba raw 1liter??

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 12:33:19 AM »
di ko sure. 50 ata yung 1 gal. if my memory serves me right. bukas bibili ako. asthmatic kasi ako. nabalitaan ko sa kaibigan ko na yung kaibigan niya na asthmatic rin umiinom nito. so I'll give it a try

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 09:42:25 AM »
yes 50/gal din samin..doctor ang meari ng Alkaline water station dito samin.sa una lang iba ang panlasa mo pero pag nasanay ka na masasarapan ka na rin kasi super smooth niya sa lalamunan lalo na pag medyo malamig siya.

i think alkaline and ionized water are the same, http://www.ionizers.org/water.html correct me if im wrong.

mas konti kasi ang acid content ng alkaline water compared sa purified water..and to the fact na mataas ang oxygen level ng alkaline kaya maganda ito sa blood cells natin to rejuvenate fast,and internal organs with positive effects sa whole body natin plus it flushes away toxins sa body..and btw,are body is consist of alkaline fluids..

quote from the net.

Many doctors, nutritionists, herbalists, dietitians and the like believe that the cause of diseases can be summed up in a few words, two words to be exact. pH imbalance. the measure of acidity of a solution is the most concise definition of what a pH is. The p in pH stands for Potenz a German word meaning “Power” however others argue that it stands for “Potential” one thing is for sure though that the H refers to hydrogen. pH therefore means “power of hydrogen”.
An unblanced pH leads the body to borrow the missing minerals from the body’s reserves. Such minerals are magnesium, calcium, sodium and potassium which are stored and noramlly found in vital organs and bones. Alkaline body balance can be restored by proper diet and the aid of supplements that will encourage or replace lost minerals. Acidosis or acidity can affect a person in different ways, brittle bones, hormonal problems, osteoporosis, diabetese, obesity, yeast or fungal infections, low energy levels or sluggishness, slow digestions, joint pain and muscle pain are just some results of an imbalance.

Over acidity in the body has been known to cause a weakening of the body systems. the average healthy body has a typical alkaline level in the blood of about 7.35-7.45. This enables it to maintain enough alkaline reserves, when an imbalance occurs such is the case when there are excess acids in the system the human body will immediately try to restore the balance and in the process will end up losing stored alkaline leaving the body in a weakened state. Acid accumulation in the body is referred to by Doctor William Howard Hay as: autotoxication or ‘self poisoning”. Further studies and books released soon after Doctor Hay’s concedes with this concept of poisoning via over acidity in the body. A usual misconception however occurs in the pH to be measured; the acid level to be tested and checked is not that of the stomach but of body fluids and tissues which a different matter than that of stomach acids is entirely. The use of pH strips aids in testing the body’s alkalinity level. These strips are easy to use and easily available and tests can be done in the comfort of your home. when testing your pH, tests must be conducted one hour before a meal or two hours after. it is said that checking twice a week is the best method to take. The importance of testing one’s pH balance cannot be stressed enough as it will enable a person to determine if the body’s pH level needs immediate help or attention.
Remember that the body is only able to properly distribute needed minerals and nutrients if the pH level is balanced. One cannot stress how important alkaline body balance is, it is possible to be taking in so many nutrients only for it to go to waste because the unbalance body is not able to properly absorb it. Alkaline body balance is easily achieved with proper food consumption.

What is Alkaline, Ionized Water?
And what is pH?
(For a more detailed explanation, Click here)
Ever Seen a Glacial Stream or an Iceberg?

It`s blue with minerals. It tastes totally different. It seems to enter the body lightly. It presents no resistance and you don`t `bloat` like you may do with tap water or even filtered water. And the minerals are there not just to offer you those elements your system lacks, but also to `hold` the real secret of glacial water; its antioxidant power. Strong, pure hydroxyl ions, actively seek out positively charged oxygen free radicals already wrecking havoc on our bodies at a cellular level.
This is naturally occurring ionized water. Now technology has delivered a `clean` answer to us in the form of alkaline, water ionizers. Water or H20 (Two Hydrogen atoms, one oxygen atom) is split into two separate streams of water - acidic waste water and drinkable alkaline water, rich in minerals.
OH- One atom of Oxygen and one atom of hydrogen negatively charged create the Hydroxyl ion. These are abundant in the prized alkaline water that we drink and love.
This `splitting` of the H20 Molecule happens in a sealed ionization chamber, under exact control of a dedicated microcomputer, to ensure the exact result time after time. As filtered tap water passes across 5 specially designed Titanium electrodes, it separates into the two components mentioned above.
We drink the alkaline ionized water and we apply the acid water. How simple and how wonderful!

So What's all this about "pH"?

Fact:Almost all of us are negativelly affected by excess acidity.
Fact: This need not be. Help is at hand.
The pH scale ranges from 0 on the acidic side to 14 on the alkaline, and a solution is neutral if its pH is 7.
At pH 7, water contains equal concentrations of H+ and OH- ions. Substances with a pH less than 7 are acidic because they contain a higher concentration of H+ ions.
The pH scale is a logarithmic scale, so a change of one pH unit implies a tenfold shift in the concentration of hydrogen ions.
pH 6 means you are ten times more acid than pH 7.
pH 5 means you are a hundred times more acid than pH 7

The Importance of Balancing pH

Living things, including humans, are extremely sensitive to pH.
Blood plasma and other fluids that surround the cells in the body have a pH of 7.2 to 7.45.
A blood pH of 6.9 can induce coma and death. That is why all bodily systems are secondary in importance to the system of pH balancing. Your body will willingly shut down digestion, alter temperature, rob your bones of calcium, deprive your pancreas, just to maintain adequate fluid buffers of alkalinity to balance the `acid tide` we inflict upon ourselves through diet and stress etc.
However your body possesses numerous special mechanisms to aid in stabilizing these fluids so that cells will not be subject to appreciable fluctuations in pH.
Substances which serve as mechanisms to stabilize pH are called BUFFERS.
Buffers have the capacity to bond ions and remove them from solution whenever their concentration begins to rise. Conversely, buffers can release ions whenever their concentration begins to fall, thus helping to minimize the fluctuations in pH. This is an important function because many biochemical reactions normally occurring in living organisms either release or use up ions.
Imagine now what a load is taken off your body if its primary safety system of pH balancing can be `stood down` from a continual `full alert` because you now are alkalizing your body through reducing stress, eating healthier foods, avoiding harmful chemicals and drinking adequate amounts of clean, healthy water!

In order to hydrate your body optimally, you need to drink water that is alkaline and ionized. Alkaline water helps to neutralize stored acids and toxins. Once these acids are neutralized, they can then be removed by the body. Alkaline water containing ionic minerals also acts as a conductor of electrochemical activity from cell to cell. Reports from studies suggest that ionized, alkaline water can help the body resist disease and slow aging by:

-Increasing Intracellular Hydration
-Replenishing Essential Minerals
-Stabilizing and Protecting Cells
-Helping To Maintain Normal Blood Flow and Acid Alkaline Balance
-Flushing Out and Preventing Wastes from Accumulating in Cells
-Preventing Free Radicals from Forming and Damaging Other Cells

Alkaline water PH level 7.1 to 8.5
http://ezinearticles.com/?Natural-Alkaline-Water-Has-A-PH-Level-Between-7.1-And-8.5&id=6138858

Hope this helps..  :-D

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:47:59 AM by karlwilson »

Offline jeffyonzon_025

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
ewan ko kung mag kano per liter, may ginagamit kame sa bahay na gadget ,di kame bumibili na.yung tap water mismo ginagawang alkaaline water ng gadget
anung gadget gamit niyo? anong brand? minsan ko lang ginagawa mag ionize ng tubig gamit yung quantum pendant.. sa baso lang
Array

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »
puede yan brod, may portable gagdget din para mag ionize ng tubig kung on the go ka

http://www.coreworld21.com

eto website ng gadget

check it out!!!

yan ang pinakamaliit na gadget na nakita ko sa market pang ionize/alkaline ng tubig. pinakamura din ata-di ako sure ha
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:41:27 PM by edmund »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 03:51:12 AM »
This is another fad,  like, non-acidic "vitamin C" (which isn't vitamin C (ascorbic acid) after all, but sodium ascorbate).

Alkalinity of the water becomes neutralized as water goes through the digestive tract (saliva is acidic, and stomach acid is as (if not more corrosive) than HCl.  By the time the water hits the stomach, the pH would be neutral.  So, it's the same as drinking plain water.

X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »
It's my first time to buy one today. It doesn't taste bad unlike what others complained. Again, I'll give this water a try

Offline charmonium

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 01:11:20 AM »
e yung pyramid ni ernie baron? nagiging alkaline water din daw ang tap water pag nilagay dun e. :D
i live by the uncertainty principle.

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »
It's my first time to buy one today. It doesn't taste bad unlike what others complained. Again, I'll give this water a try

yeah give it a try dude..sa akin effective-syempre may mga "NON-BELIEVER" din -di maiiwasan yan-lalo na yung mga di pa naka try, pero nag conclude na! hehehe  :-D

in two weeks time makikita mo effect  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:53:05 AM by edmund »

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 09:55:47 AM »
yeah give it a try dude..sa akin effective-syempre may mga skeptics din -di maiiwasan yan-lalo na yung mga nag mamarunong lang hehehe  :-D

in two weeks time makikita mo effect

oo bro,mahirap talaga pag sobra talino medyo laging nagmamarunong..pero we respect each one's opinions here..hehe.pero,ewan ko lang kung hindi siya maghanap ng alternatives pag dating ng panahon sa magkasakit siya..(oops.knock on wood 3times...)

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »
@karlwilson- binago ko na nga post ko,nag quote ka pa hehehe

ayoko maki pag debate dito  8-)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:11:36 AM by edmund »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 06:10:48 AM »
Those who actually know and understand the CHEMISTRY of alkaline and acidic properties are those who aren't fooled by fads.

A BALANCED diet helps balance one's pH levels.  Drinking alkalinic water DOES NOT neutralize stomach acid, again, since when the alkaline level of the water will be rendered useless as soon as you drink it.

People get hyperacidic when they consume large amounts of acid-forming foods.  That's why one needs to eat the same amount of alkaline-forming foods to BALANCE it.  The reaction occurs in the stomach after all.

I stay healthy because I know how my body works.  I know which type of food is bad for me.  I know which type of food makes me acidic, or gives me heartburn.  I drink both regular tap and filtered water depending on where I am at, with no ill-effects whatsoever.  For one, I grew up at Malabon, where potable water has always been an issue.  I don't get sick easily, mainly because of that simple fact.  

Also, there's a reason why the human body is naturally acidic.  Blood is acidic.  Heck, why do you think the building blocks of life are amino ACIDS?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:01:42 AM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
kawawa naman pala yung family friend namin na doctor,pati yung isang chemistry teacher sa cavite kase napabili sila ionizer gadget-peke pala  :-D :roll:

@karlwilson-sinabi ko na hehehe  :-D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 10:03:34 AM by edmund »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »
Mods please delete if there is a existing thread about this.

Alkaline Water:What it does to you..Do you recommend drinking this?

http://www.thepoc.net/thepoc-features/health-and-wellness/health-and-fitness-features/5852-alkaline-ionized-water-philippines.html

Were you sincerely asking for opinions and recommendations, or were you just looking for people who believe the same as you?

New Manila Sound