hulika

Author Topic: Arnel Pineda,"Journey's" new vocalist?.Filipino musicians are degraded!!tama ba?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
ngayon lang ba ito o baka may kaparehas ng thread,kung meron pakibura nlang po mod...
Kasi avid fan talaga ako ng "Journey"eversince and most of their songs ay tinutugtog ko,accidentally na nabuksan ko ito because 1 of my fav band is looking for a new frontman....and luckily isang filipino ang namataan nila sa you tube na dikit sa boses ni steve perry sa katauhan ni arnel pineda,vocalist ng "the zoo band"(naalala ko tuloy si late joseph cinco of "prizm band")but sad to say na marami ang americans na nagreact at pakiramdam ko na parang"NADEDEGRADE"tayong mga filipino musicians sa kasong ito....grrrr!

Reports have it that Arnel is already in the US auditioning for the band, accompanied by the Zoo's manager, TV director Bert de Leon.

But the fly in the ointment is that some hardcore Journey fans are not all happy campers when it comes to that decision. Message threads on Arnel on the MelodicRock.com and Journeyforums.com have the guy being flogged with racist taunts and putdowns of the Filipino accent he allegedly uses while performing Journey covers.

"Journey is supposed to be an all-American band," writes one fan. Others liken the band's move to outsourcing the job to cheaper Asian labor.
Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite

Offline dayuhanspace

Sayang naman kung di sya kunin vocalist ng journey,pero ok din kasi mga Gurang at laos na sila e. ayaw ba nila ng panibagong Journey to the philippines? he he

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
sana naman makuha sya...go-go-go pinoy!!

favorite band ko din yung prism, sayang , gusto ko yung love song nila, dont know the title  :-(

Offline sveitch

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hello - I am a older retired guitar player from Dallas Texas and I saw Arnel and The Zoo perform in Makati back in May. I think he would be a great choice for the job and any Journey fan that thinks he not be just because he is not an American is an idiot. I wish him the best. Filipino musicians are incredible, and I met a few and jammed with a few last time I was there. Peace be with you all! Rock On!

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
We love you...all Juan dela Cuz,Uncle sam and the like who support our Kabayan Arnel Pineda.....

Kahit di sya matanggap....at least hinangaan at napuna ng isang sikat na banda sa US ang isang batikan nating musikero....Mabuhay!!!
Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite