hulika

Author Topic: mga sir anong ibig sabihin ng Fender Telecaster OEM?...  (Read 3089 times)

Offline -nan-

mga sir anong ibig sabihin ng Fender Telecaster OEM?...
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
may nakita kasi ko nito sa sulit mura siya kumpara sa ibang nagooffer ng telecaster, copy ba to o ano? salamat! sorry for my ignorance. :-(
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather-

Offline ryantetek

• Veteran Member
Re: mga sir anong ibig sabihin ng Fender Telecaster OEM?...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
OEM = copy, fake, peke .

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »
OEM = copy, fake, peke .

dagdag mo na yung Class A.

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »
Strictly speaking, OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. IOW, rebranding.
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
Strictly speaking, OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. IOW, rebranding.
+1

but in this case, it's a telecaster copy. not the real thing.

Offline Warcake

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 06:24:22 AM »
may nakita kasi ko nito sa sulit mura siya kumpara sa ibang nagooffer ng telecaster, copy ba to o ano? salamat! sorry for my ignorance. :-(

it means the guy is trying to sell something fake but doesnt want it to "sound" fake. kaya instead na sabihing copy, oem nilagay nya.  :-P

Offline jamesplaysguitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »

Tama sila ^ its a Original Equipment Manufacturer. I think Ive seen the ad sa sulit. I think the price is 9000 however in cebu and in other places those OEM fender copies are just 6k pesos.

Ive done some research about this weeks ago and naintriga din ako sa mga fender oems.OEM's are china manufacturers of parts either from fender/squier or a outsourcing company who supplies parts to fender/squier china.  There are some fender oems that have parts originally made for fender/squier and some say has better quality wood electronics etc than squier made guitars. I cant verify if thats true pero Ive seen some in youtube '' search fake china fenders''.

Ive checked in the madeinchina website and madaming companies ang gumagawa ng fender copies na MIC guitars and most of the time biglang nawawala yung supplier tapos iba na gumagawa and a few weeks or days iba nanaman gumagawa.

For my point of view. Fenders that are sold and not verified by fender are genuine fakes kahit OEM sya. Even the serial numbers are fakes. Some Oem's have Made in USA marks with a M starting serial and some have MIC marks with them with a different serial.

If I were you dont go for them because of the QC they are not inspected by Fender/squier Quality control people. Instead of buying OEM's just go for a Squier or better yet the Fender Modern Player series at least they came through the real thing. 
References:Monsceb,mondemonle,jgaluno,omegared15,r_chino18,bhaahchico,drew asuncion,obetski,ger02,balakubak,pitongjerome,riccaliolio,kurtcobainer,benjiemusic,dreadhead,bananagrahamskyflakes,lespaul888,redjaztin,tsunamic,caraboyman,Shkc,Vanhatred and more

Offline Warcake

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 07:15:33 PM »
Tama sila ^ its a Original Equipment Manufacturer. I think Ive seen the ad sa sulit. I think the price is 9000 however in cebu and in other places those OEM fender copies are just 6k pesos.

Ive done some research about this weeks ago and naintriga din ako sa mga fender oems.OEM's are china manufacturers of parts either from fender/squier or a outsourcing company who supplies parts to fender/squier china.  There are some fender oems that have parts originally made for fender/squier and some say has better quality wood electronics etc than squier made guitars. I cant verify if thats true pero Ive seen some in youtube '' search fake china fenders''.

Ive checked in the madeinchina website and madaming companies ang gumagawa ng fender copies na MIC guitars and most of the time biglang nawawala yung supplier tapos iba na gumagawa and a few weeks or days iba nanaman gumagawa.

For my point of view. Fenders that are sold and not verified by fender are genuine fakes kahit OEM sya. Even the serial numbers are fakes. Some Oem's have Made in USA marks with a M starting serial and some have MIC marks with them with a different serial.

If I were you dont go for them because of the QC they are not inspected by Fender/squier Quality control people. Instead of buying OEM's just go for a Squier or better yet the Fender Modern Player series at least they came through the real thing.

exactly. lets say na totoo ngang nanggaling talaga yan sa mismong oem manufacturer ng fender, pero i still wouldnt go for it kasi shady ang QC nyan. also if its labelled fender, kahit oem pa ng fender yan, di parin sya fender dahil di dumaan ng QC.