hulika

Author Topic: The worst digital camera u ever bought?  (Read 2789 times)

Offline MIG AYESA

The worst digital camera u ever bought?
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

What's the worst digital camera you ever bought?

Offline Schimitar

Re: The worst digital camera u ever bought?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:21:06 PM »
Worst digital camera?

In my opinion, digital camera solved the problems we encountered with the conventional camera (with films).

Beginner p lang ako sa photography, but never kong ipagpapalit ang digital camera sa conventionals.
First, sa film. Mahal ang films. Second may risk na ma-over-expose ang films. Third, masyadong complicated at mahabang procedure ng pag develop ng negatives, and then sa picture. Fourth, wlang preview ang nakuha mong shots. Fifth mahira mag-edit sa conventional, not unlike sa digital, ang dali with photoshop. Sixth madaling magprint sa digital, in fact kung may picture printer ka sa haus, within minutes may kopya ka na.

Pero cyempre, yung mga die hards sa photography, camera with films pa rin cla.  But I believe, sooner or later. Makukuha na rin ng digital cams ang ganda ng conventionals.

Teka, mukhang o.t. ata ako. D ko nasagot ung topic.

Ganito na lang, pg digital camera. Sa pixels lang naman at sa special features lang nagkakatalo. You get what you pay for.  Pero ngayon merong mga galing china na magaganda ang features and mataas ang pixels within the price range. D ko lang sure kung tatagal.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:24:37 PM by Schimitar »
Time is short, let's play music as long as possible.

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 09:00:41 AM »
I've owned a few:

Agfa e1280
Nikon Coolpix 950
Canon EOS 300D
Canon Powershot SD800 IS

They were all good cameras from the time they were purchased till the time they kicked the bucket. (actualy the 300D is still in use and I just got the SD800)

But though it is not strictly a digital camera, I can say without hesitation that the absolutely worst camera was my Sony Ericsson P800 phone which yielded consistently blurry shots. In fact with shots that soft, who needs a Lomo.

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 11:17:02 AM »
Worst digital camera?

In my opinion, digital camera solved the problems we encountered with the conventional camera (with films).

Beginner p lang ako sa photography, but never kong ipagpapalit ang digital camera sa conventionals...

I take it you've never used a Nikon F2 before...

Sure, digitals are convenient, but Photoshop makes it terribly easy to manipulate images. The real skill is trying to do the same thing in analog without resorting to digital manipulation. If you don't know how to manipulate light before it enters the lens and when you're enlarging to photo paper, then you haven't experienced photography yet. Don't diss it 'til you've used it to it's full potential.

Btw, I like digital too... it's not as sharp as film yet, and colors sometimes remind me of early Fuji film, but it will get there eventually.

Jim, blame it on these plastic lenses they use with these fone cams. When will the time come when Carl Zeiss optics are the norm? hehe...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:23:24 AM by KitC »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 05:02:12 PM »
I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-P9 4mp camera, is this good?
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 08:28:22 AM »
Can't say really since I only had two, and they are still working: a Nikon Coolpix 3100 and a Canon EOS 300D. If  I just need a snapshot and the place is not convenient for an SLR, then I bring my Coolpix. Otherwise I use the SLR with my 135mm lens.
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione