hulika

Author Topic: The Drum Miking Thread  (Read 6020 times)

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
The Drum Miking Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 12:25:18 AM »
well it was not that clear. lets jsut sat that i hear all the peice from both sides
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
The Drum Miking Thread
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 12:44:42 AM »
Quote from: vaisteen2003
well it was not that clear. lets jsut sat that i hear all the peice from both sides

Try mo check yung placements (especially the OHs). Search ka sa net pre regarding OH placements/techniques. Marami dyan (XY, mid-spaced, wide-spaced, mid-side, Faulkner, ORTF etc..)

Check mo rin yung pagkaka-pan nya. Hard pan L & R sa OHs. :)
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
The Drum Miking Thread
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 04:23:46 PM »
I tried putting glue on one of my drum heads yesterday. Oks palang muffler yun. SAktong-sakto lang. Not too open and not too focused. :D

Thanks sir skunky for sharing that. :D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
The Drum Miking Thread
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 08:14:15 PM »
Quote from: markthevirtuoso
I tried putting glue on one of my drum heads yesterday. Oks palang muffler yun. SAktong-sakto lang. Not too open and not too focused. :D

Thanks sir skunky for sharing that. :D

Thank Joey Kramer's drum tech.  (Forgot his name.)  All I remember is that he uses duct tape on a bad day.

Offline mariuo

The Drum Miking Thread
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 10:39:18 PM »
sir markthevirtuoso you study in SAE right? :) hows it going? planning to go to the main school in byron bay after i study here :)

anyway back to the topic :) can you record with less mics? whats the best way? i only have 2 :P but growing hehe

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
The Drum Miking Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 12:07:48 AM »
Quote from: mariuo
sir markthevirtuoso you study in SAE right? :) hows it going? planning to go to the main school in byron bay after i study here :)

anyway back to the topic :) can you record with less mics? whats the best way? i only have 2 :P but growing hehe

Call me Mark nalang pre. My nick is such a bummer. :oops:  :lol:

Yep, i study there. I'd highly recommend Byron Bay pre! You get better opportunities (and gear :lol: ) I also plan to go there soon and do my MA. :D

Yes, you could record with less mics just like the way they would back in old, old days. It depends on which type of mics you have though.  

Usually,

If you have 2 condensers, you could use them as 2 OHs.

If you have 2 dynamics,  you can put 1 on snare and 1 on kick.

If you have one of each, you can use the condenser as an OH and the dynamic as a close mic for either the kick or snare.

:D