hulika

Author Topic: The Free Plug Ins and Soundfonts Thread  (Read 163495 times)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Free Vintage OD and High Gain EG Amp VSTs
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2007, 01:05:23 AM »
From BTE Audio.

TS' Secret Vintage Overdrive

Soft clipping alone is not sufficient to emulate the elusive creamy character of a legendary vintage overdrive pedal. In order to explore the secret ingredients of legendary sound and feel, every subtlety throughout the entire signal path should be meticulously analyzed and documented. Only this ensures authentic recreation of the exact sound and feel of the legend in the digital domain. TS’ Secret is the result of this keen but painful philosophy.
Just like its legendary role model, TS’ Secret preserves the original dynamics of its input signal, which avoids muddiness and vastly improves clarity and responsiveness (see the accompanying article for details). Regardless of the overdrive amount, it stays in focus and delivers the ultimate touch sensitive dynamic punch.

Juicy 77 High Gain Electric Guitar Amplifier

Inspired from its legendary role model which has set the industry standard for high gain amplifiers, Juicy 77 aims to become the definitive benchmark for crystal clear articulation, solid punch and singing sustain in the digital domain.
With separate preamplifier and power amplifier sections and a loudspeaker cabinet simulator section that includes seven classical cabinet types, Juicy77 modestly delivers instant gratification to musicians who are looking for the ultimate high gain experience.

Get it while it's still free!
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Free Plug Ins and Soundfonts Thread
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2007, 05:35:27 PM »
wow kit these two effects seem impressive.  mukang catch tong mga to, gonna try them out and see how they compare with other amp/stombox simulators :)
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2007, 09:46:49 AM »
meron ba kayong alam na bass synthesizer that produces traditional fender jazz bass sounds?

need help kasi baguhan lang sa midi at medyo na information overload na ko. im having a hard time tweaking the sounds on several bass synths but cant get that warm natural sound

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »
meron ba kayong alam na bass synthesizer that produces traditional fender jazz bass sounds?

need help kasi baguhan lang sa midi at medyo na information overload na ko. im having a hard time tweaking the sounds on several bass synths but cant get that warm natural sound

The Edirol SuperQuartet has a natural sounding fender jazz bass. You will need to work a bit on velocities and some bends if you want to simulate a bass playing.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2007, 08:31:45 PM »
TAGAL KO NA VIEW nitong THREAD NA ITO..

too bad i havent thanked KitC yet!

thank you so much!

grabe.. para kong nagshoshopping nito!

andami ko na VST plug ins..

dun pa lang sa FreeAmp2 panalo na!

hope you find more!

lupet nito!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »
Try the BTEAudio ampsims. The only con is that they have no gui, but I tried them and they sound great.

Woohoo! I found another opensource multitrack audio recording and editing suite - Traverso.

The beauty of this app is that it works with Mac, Windows, Linux. As far as I can tell, Traverso is still purely audio (no midi) and it doesn't seem to support vst's yet; but you can mix different sample rate files into the same project! This would be great for audio post... now if only you can drag in different file formats a la Vegas.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:43:39 PM by KitC »

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »
admin Kitc..

since i am using some of the plug ins..

can i ask you some nooby questions?

1.what do Compressors do ^_^?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »

1.what do Compressors do ^_^?

This should be in the "What Do You Want to Learn about Recording" sticky. Anyway, have you ever manually adjusted the volume fader (or control) everytime someone belts out a loud note or suddenly decides to whisper a passage? You often do this to keep levels consistent during recording. At it's simplest, think of a compressor as an automatic level control, but it is more than just that. It can lengthen sustain if used properly and it can also cut off the tails of some notes (gating/expansion). Read up here if you want to know more: http://www.tweakheadz.com/compressors.htm

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2007, 06:56:27 PM »
ah.. thanks.. so this allows you to have high gain guitar effects without making it humm? feed back?

i c.. thanks

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »
ah.. thanks.. so this allows you to have high gain guitar effects without making it humm? feed back?

Not really although it can control maximum levels. I suggest starting a new thread if you want to know more.

Offline chowcjc

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »
sir kitc!
just wondering if ever you got any ideas on a linux based DAW...
i saw it once on a different forum but havent tracked it down yet...
thanks
~peace po
ain't no place like home...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2007, 07:41:11 PM »
sir kitc!
just wondering if ever you got any ideas on a linux based DAW...
i saw it once on a different forum but havent tracked it down yet...
thanks
~peace po

Though I haven't tried it yet, I've been gearing up for either an Ubuntu or Fedora based system with Ardour and Rosegarden for the main apps. The main problem I have is with vst compatibility. It would be great if I can run Sonar within Linux but no go there.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2007, 12:16:36 AM »
Anyone remember the Casio VL-TONE? I sure don't. But it's back in emulated form. The Casio VL-Tone VL-1 Emulator!

If anyone has the real thing that's still working, can you tell me if they really sound the same?
LOL! I used to have one when I was a kid and played it to death!

I only bothered to test this plugin tonight. And it's spot-on as far as I can remember. Hahahaha. I used to do this thing which screws with the ADSR mode and changes its sound. If I remember how to do that and works in this plug-in, bilib na ako. Hehehehe.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline SixTwo

• Philmusicus Noobitus

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2007, 02:24:16 AM »
mga master ano gamit nyong plugins for the vocals? salamat po =)

Offline rocketboy

• Netizen Level
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »
Addicive Drums VSTi - fully functional DEMO

http://www.xlnaudio.com/index.php?page=downloads

Enjoy!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »
mga master ano gamit nyong plugins for the vocals? salamat po =)

Usually, compressors, but if you're really experimentative, anything under the sun will do. Distortion is common, as are delays, reverbs and choruses, but you can even pass vocals thru synthesizer filters for filtering and vocoding. Don't limit yourself to standard usage of whatever is out there, but remember, use plugins wisely because at some point, it becomes rather gimmicky. You will find that mics and preamps play a bigger deal with vocals than anything else.

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2007, 04:56:28 PM »
thanks sir =)

Usually, compressors, but if you're really experimentative, anything under the sun will do. Distortion is common, as are delays, reverbs and choruses, but you can even pass vocals thru synthesizer filters for filtering and vocoding. Don't limit yourself to standard usage of whatever is out there, but remember, use plugins wisely because at some point, it becomes rather gimmicky. You will find that mics and preamps play a bigger deal with vocals than anything else.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »
free 2 gb samples from yellow tools.  haven't been able to get in yet.  must be overloaded servers.  it created quite a stir at the kvr forums.  let us know if anyone of you has been able to download.  my dsl sucks.

Quote from: yellowtools website
We give you free access to this amazing product: Here is "Independence Free":

* full version - no demo or tryout
* no yellow tools Authorization Key required
* beside audio file import all Independence software features are enabled
* no time or save restrictions
* commercial use is allowed
* for Mac OS X (Universal Binary), Windows XP and Windows Vista

Independence Free comes with a 2 GB sound library of thoroughly selected premium instruments from the Independence 2.0 Core Library that can be performed in an intuitive and authentic way impossible with any other sampler.

http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=782

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »
Ya beat me to it, Vince! I've been trying to DL that sampler for days now but got caught by their move to another server. Looks like the old one got slammed pretty hard.  :|

Offline carl20

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2007, 02:39:53 PM »
the freebies woohoo thanks sir kit for showing me the way nyahahaha!!!!  :-D
COMBOWORKS

Offline carl20

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2007, 02:56:42 PM »
sir kit anong sofware na pwde kong gamitin para magemulate ng tunog ng drums kasi ggwa ako ng my own DIY e-drums ko e,.. para sa replacement ng npkamahal na mga drum modules like roland etc,..  :-D :evil: :|
COMBOWORKS

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2007, 06:14:42 PM »
sir kit anong sofware na pwde kong gamitin para magemulate ng tunog ng drums kasi ggwa ako ng my own DIY e-drums ko e,.. para sa replacement ng npkamahal na mga drum modules like roland etc,..  :-D :evil: :|

It's like this:

Drums/pads ---> triggers ---> drum module/midi converter ---> midi cable/interface ---> computer

You need a hardware component to be able to convert the trigger impulses into midi, which will then trigger your software/drum sample player. The free sfz player needs a host like Sonar, Cubase or whatever you can load vst's into. There are also free vst hosts that will load sfz player. You will still need some midi hardware that responds to the triggers like the DM5 or similar. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2007, 09:22:19 PM »
Vince! You can now download Independence!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2007, 09:51:35 PM »
cool!  thanks kit!  musta yun samples?

:-) :-) :-)

Just started with the download. You have to register muna... It IS 2 gigs... hehe  :-D