hulika

Author Topic: Digital Photography Forum Unified Help Thread (POST ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS HERE!)  (Read 296627 times)

Offline Schimitar

Anong magandang photo printer para sa digital camera?
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »
I'm planning to buy a photo printer nxt month.
There are so many printers available and I need the suggestion of my fellow forumites.

And also pls explain some terms with it?   What is pictbridge?     What is the significance of picolitre of ink?
What are the diff. types of photo printers?   

Time is short, let's play music as long as possible.

Offline QBERT (BERT QUITEVEZ)

Re: Anong magandang photo printer para sa digital camera?
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2006, 12:26:58 PM »

Maraming photo printer na avble ngayon. Advise ko lang buy the latest model avble.
      It doesn't have to be the most expensive one.

In fact, napansin ko, mas marami ang features ng later model at mas mura pa compared doon sa 
      naunang labas.
      Preferable kung di na kailangan ang computer. It's called direct printing from the camera to the printer.
      May model ngayon ung memory card lang ang kinakabit pwede na.
     Kung pictbridge, usb lang from the camera to the printer.

May nakita ako ngayon Canon pixma, nagsale.   May scanner pa, at dye sublimation ang type.
     Gusto ko rin ung Selphy ng canon.
     Ung ibang brands magaganda rin, kaso above 10k na.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 12:28:00 PM by QBERT (BERT QUITEVEZ) »
IT'S NOT THE NUMBER OF STRINGS YOU PUT IN THE MUSIC BUT IT'S THE MUSIC YOU PUT INTO THOSE NUMBER OF STRINGS! (YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN)

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fujifilm FinePix F30 or Kodak EasyShare P880?
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2006, 06:56:41 AM »
A Nikon dSLR body & lens system is what I really want but my budget is less than $400 only.

I'm researching about "almost SLR" digicams to see if they are versatile enough to do the job of a dSLR camera for travel/concert/portrait and family/corporate events photography.

Below are two digicams I'm interested in:

Sony CyberShot DSC-H2
$328.94

Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd
$369.75

Digital Photography Review: Side-by-Side Comparison

Please comment.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2006, 10:43:03 AM »
I'd still go for a used Nikon D70 in the 20K range  :lol:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:45:18 AM by JimAyson »
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline shutterbugjohn

Re: How does a DSLR work?
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2007, 01:57:51 AM »
yeah film. punta ka sa fuji bili ka ng pro pack na films na asa 100 mura lang un 5 pcs isang pack. peborit ko un e. hehe. pag magaling ka na or importante na ung pipicturan mo, bili ka na ng mga astig na films. read sa net. malaking tulong yan. i know theres a night class in ramon magsaysay highskul sa espana sampaloc. parang vocational ata. i think that will help u. walang bayad un bro. 
got 2 friends who graduated there. ok naman natuto sila.
text me for inquiries: 0933.4371584
YM: DREJHM0828
http://www.facebook.com/guitar.love.repairs

Offline johanncalabig

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2007, 11:35:05 AM »
Bro, medyo mahirap explain tanong mo. Magstart yan sa internal parts ng DSLR of course. CMOS/CCD, LCD, Processor/Procssing Engine, Controls, Buffer (RAM), It woks much like a computer.

Imagine. It's works jus like a typewriter. CMOS/CCD=Printer/Ink, Bond Paper=Film/Memory Card, Keyboards=Lens(input), Buffer=Margins, Books/published material=Pictures printed(output)

Regarding Economy, It's your choice where to start naman. In my opinion, you don't have to start of with film since Digital is already cheaper, though it CAN be more expensive.Try to sort out what your needs are then invest in really good equipments. Kung bibili ka kasi ng film, by and by you'll want to move up to digital. So why not invest in digital right away? Unless you plan to stick or keep a film camera for untouched prints. For the record I've been into Photography for 12 years na 9 of which I've done professional works(getting paid) in which I've used 35mm, 120mm and recently digital. Never thought na ganun kabilis ang magiging transisition ng demand and technology.

Paano magiging mahal ang film? You have to buy film of course. have the film processed and printed. If you wanna post process the film, you have to paint brush/hand paint it. Or, scan and edit into a PC/Mac w/c will take up more time and electricity in the long run then have it printed again losing some faithful and important details.

Paano magiging mahal ang digital, you'd want a better digital camera one day. You'd want better lenses same as film photography. You'd want a better and faster PC/Mac. You'd want to have more software to play with. You'll be spending so much time in the computer and electricity bills soar. On the brighter side, you can practice more with digital photography as much as you and your equipment can handle which really improved my photography even more.

I believe that lack of discipline should be blamed on the person not on the equipment. Tayo naman ang pumipindot at di tayo ang pinipindot ng cam. Remember, noong unang nauso ang 35mm(Back then 4"x5" or bigger films are more popular), dami ring natuwa na photographer dito kasi mas mura at capable sya. Therefore, dami rin nilang naaksaya sa tuwa nung "new technology" pa ang 35mm film.

Haha.. Not discouraging you my friend. But that's the reallity of photography, magastos either way kaya nga ako natutuong rumaket sa photography starting at the age of 17.

My advise is what ever your needs and preference (and budget of course!) is, go for it.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:50:18 AM by johanncalabig »

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2007, 02:11:12 PM »
You can't go wrong with the Fujifilm...

I have been using a Fujifilm S7000 for more than 2 years. Even though it's just a prosumer, colors are richer and deeper than the canon or nikon DSLRs. You can check out my flickr account... most of the pics there were taken with the S7000. I bought it in Hollywood for $400++, while it as being sold here for 42k! I recently sold it to get a Fujifilm S2Pro...

flickr.com/photos/dindinmorenno

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline fredzs

Re: DigiLife DV670- 6.6 MP Digital Camera/ Camcorder/ MP3 All in One
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
No No No... most likely 6.6MP nga.. pero sobrang labo yung quality.

Get a second hand good branded camera instead

Offline DreamJem

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2007, 02:51:30 AM »
yah it is better to start with an SLR camera...black and white..like what everyone else said here..when I was taking photography in school..i have to learn how to use it..it's not easy at first..but once u get a hang of it..it's very easy..my final project was done in the dark..and i used candles as my theme..and that's even harder to get the exposures right in the dark using a manual SLR...
i'll post some pictures here later...
they may say i'm a DREAMER, but i'm not the only one.

Offline mojahista

need help. (bout my samsung digicam)
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2007, 04:06:08 PM »
my digicam broke down, bigla lumabo pag normal mode, pero pag night mode ok naman.
i brought it on 3rd party repair shop. ccd lens daw nasira & unfortunately wala daw sila replacement nun. i dont want to bring it sa samsung service center bakA mas mahal pa cost ng repair kesa actual unit. can you suggest other decent digicam repair shops?

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
polaroid cam question
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »
mga sir,hindi talaga ako photographer..so wala ako alam sa mga camera,pacencia po sa questions.hehe :-)

binigyan kasi ako ng polaroid camera ng dad ko kanina...mukha na siyang vintage pero hindi pa naman sira...sabi niya 20 years na daw sa kanya yun..

so eto po questions ko:

1. kung sakaling ibenta ko siya,magkano kaya ang price?

2. if i decide na gamitin siya,sulit ba? i mean o.k ba siya gamitin?

3. magkano kaya price ng film niya?

and "impulse" nga pala yung nakalagay na brand.i'll post pictures bukas....

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: polaroid cam question
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2007, 09:27:46 PM »
 :-)

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »
 :-(

Offline kaffee

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2007, 09:47:36 PM »
mga sir,hindi talaga ako photographer..so wala ako alam sa mga camera,pacencia po sa questions.hehe :-)
binigyan kasi ako ng polaroid camera ng dad ko kanina...mukha na siyang vintage pero hindi pa naman sira...sabi niya 20 years na daw sa kanya yun..
so eto po questions ko:
and "impulse" nga pala yung nakalagay na brand.i'll post pictures bukas....

1. kung sakaling ibenta ko siya,magkano kaya ang price?
----->Checked online; ebay prices start at US$7.00 for a good condition unit. Maybe photography collectors may be interested.
2. if i decide na gamitin siya,sulit ba? i mean o.k ba siya gamitin?
-----> If you think you can live with having a vintage piece in your hands, keep it. Best if you determine the use for it.
3. magkano kaya price ng film niya?
-----> I used to have a similar unit (but not Impulse) until about 7 or so years ago. I checked with suppliers and the only one I came upon selling films for it at the time was a store in the Araneta Ave. area (forgot the name now). The price for the film at the time was around P650 or so for a pack of 10. No developing or processing is needed, however. But because of prohibitive film price, I decided to sell mine. I got it, first-owned but unused, for P3,500 at the time. Little did I know that the reason for the owner disposing of it was also because of its film price. At the time, I needed a Polaroid for my oculars as digital camera prices were much too expensive.

Here's a link to your unit's specifications and other cool pics: http://shop.lomography.com/polaroid/impulse/. See if the site can help you determine whether to keep your Impulse or let it go (it is a cool site, too!)

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2007, 04:18:44 PM »
thanks sir kafee,yan nga yung unit...mura lang pala kung sakaling ibenta ko... :?

hanap na lang ako film,gagamitin ko na lang muna :-D

Offline TINKYWINKY

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2007, 06:04:59 PM »
i inquired for polaroid film in cubao, it will cost you 1,200 for 10 frikkin' shots. good luck/
Tinky Winky is in love with Dipsy. It is probable that they had an affair, or at least a sexual liason, at some point in the past. Sadly, Dipsy is no longer interested.

Offline kaffee

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »
i inquired for polaroid film in cubao, it will cost you 1,200 for 10 frikkin' shots. good luck/
Hmm, means the price has doubled since  :-o wow.

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2007, 08:25:07 PM »
1.2k for 10 shots badtrip!tsk

Offline bigtimecommercial

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2007, 10:26:18 AM »
teka teka... san nakakabili ng films? yung quality naman kaya? ok naman ba? di ba walang zoom ang polaroid cam? blurry ba?
Growing old isn\\\'t bad at all.

Offline kaffee

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
1.2k for 10 shots badtrip!tsk
Makes deciding harder  :wink:

teka teka... san nakakabili ng films? yung quality naman kaya? ok naman ba? di ba walang zoom ang polaroid cam? blurry ba?
There are probably little, or none, Polaroid film brands except those by Polaroid that are available. IMO, if the raw film itself is expensive, I imagine making one is even more, considering that the digital camera market has practically wiped out the film market worldwide. Just my thought.  :-)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:40:42 AM by kaffee »

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
San nakakabili ng 'Photographic Plate' ?
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2007, 09:32:25 PM »
kelangan kasi sa project  :-D

Offline kaffee

Re: San nakakabili ng 'Photographic Plate' ?
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2007, 10:12:11 AM »
Is this the one used for offset printing? What's your location?
Call the Phil. Printing Technical Fdtn. at
632-7130902
632-7132671
Fax
632-7130905

Secretariat Office
Room 208 SCC Chevalier Building,
4427 Interior Old Sta. Mesa Street,
Sta. Mesa, Metro Manila, Philippines

Or, for photography concerns, try
DPI Photography Center, Astoria Plaza,
Jose Escriva Ave, Ortigas Center.
6336095 / 6336167
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:14:49 AM by kaffee »

Offline kevz_pause09

tanong lang po bout' photography..
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2007, 08:58:10 PM »
mga sir, i am a graduating student. i have a friend n gustong mging photographer. so ng tanong po sya skin kung sang school and pano tlga mging photographer. wla rin po akong alam bout' dun. so naisip ko po na dito mag tanong. i hope my mga mag reply po s post ko pra mlaman po din namin. slamat po ng marami. :-)
Internet mag-hapon' dahil sa buhay ay hindi maka connect.

Offline r0nd0gg

Re: tanong lang po bout' photography..
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2007, 09:15:04 PM »
chong walang skool na photography dito sa pinas.. workshops meron.. pero ang mga workshops ngayon puro digital na ang tinuturo.. kailangan kasi matutunan mo talaga yung basics tulad ng paggamit ng film and yung mga camera na luma dahil dun din galing yung mga features sa mga digicam ar automatic analog cameras.. kung gusro mo paturo ng basics text mo ako 09215298079.. hindi ako mashadong magaling but i promise you you'll learn a lot.