Anything Goes > Hobbies and Interests

hobby threads from other categories

<< < (2/5) > >>

KitC:
So what do we do about sports? Hard to consider it a hobby that's why I moved the Tennis thread to kalusugan but something is nagging me about the category.

Riff_6603:

--- Quote from: KitC on February 23, 2011, 09:18:20 AM ---So what do we do about sports? Hard to consider it a hobby that's why I moved the Tennis thread to kalusugan but something is nagging me about the category.

--- End quote ---

tennis is sports/health related but somewhat in between din as a hobby. if the subject focused on the sport itself, let's keep it sa KKK. if it dwells more on the hobby side of things, let's move it back here. comments?

kawal:
^ i agree. magdedepende ito sa title/initial post ng thread. pag "tennis players here" ang title, pwedeng sa hobbies; or pag "tennis is a great exercise" then sa KKK category naman; or pag "2011 Wimbledon Championships" then sa AGT naman.

trxter41:

--- Quote from: KitC on February 23, 2011, 09:18:20 AM ---So what do we do about sports? Hard to consider it a hobby that's why I moved the Tennis thread to kalusugan but something is nagging me about the category.

--- End quote ---

well sir Tennis serves a double purpose. it keeps the body fit as well as helping pass the time (hobby). but some people play tennis to keep fit, and some people play it because it has become their hobby. for me Kalusugan threads should be about illness related stuff. putting Tennis into the hobby category will allow forumites to discuss their favorite tennis players, where they play, what rackets they use, how to improve their game, etc... not merely just to keep the body fit. tennis can be discussed as a competitive and social sport(for me its social because there are tennis clubs with membership requirements).

trxter41:
i was thinking of putting badminton into the hobby category but since tennis is under question so i guess the same would apply to badminton. i used to play badminton in college. i didnt play just to keep fit but because i wanted to win a regional tournament. my motivation was more than just physical fitness, it was personal glory. i took pleasure in winning and playing. so kapag ganun ba ang motivation ng isang tao can we then put badminton and tennis into the hobby category?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version