hulika

Author Topic: Allman Bros.  (Read 2900 times)

Offline rollnrocker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Allman Bros.
« on: June 17, 2004, 07:15:59 AM »
I've liked a lot of cds in my time...I recently recieved Allman Brothers' new Anthology here at UMG, and this is by far one of the greatest Anthologies ive heard.  Its called "Stand Back".  I was reading about it at 4CDMusic.com, and apparently its the first collection to span back to 35 years.  That's a lot of work, and might i say, a lot of great work.  If any allman brothers fans hasnt picked htis up yet, i really recommend it.

Offline Stib Gadd

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Allman Bros.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 01:55:53 PM »
My favorite Allman Brothers songs are "Stormy Monday", "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed", "Whipping Post" and "Jessica". Great blues-based jam band then and now!

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Allman Bros.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 05:02:58 PM »
I have the Duane Allman Anthology double album (vinyl). Duane Allman is my slide guitar hero. I also have the Live at Fillmore East double album (vinyl).
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Stib Gadd

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Allman Bros.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 06:08:04 AM »
Quote from: Tarkuz Toccata
I have the Duane Allman Anthology double album (vinyl). Duane Allman is my slide guitar hero. I also have the Live at Fillmore East double album (vinyl).

Hey Tarkuz, with your nick I figured you for an old Prog-rock fan (Emerson, Lake, and Palmer) - nice to know you like blues!

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Allman Bros.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 01:07:40 PM »
Quote from: Stib Gadd
Hey Tarkuz, with your nick I figured you for an old Prog-rock fan (Emerson, Lake, and Palmer) - nice to know you like blues!

Hi Stib,

What a pleasant surprise! It's rare to find someone in this forum who knows ELP. You're right, I like listening to classic prog-rock. I'm an old guy!  8)
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Stib Gadd

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Allman Bros.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 11:20:03 PM »
Wow - ELP ... remember Keith Emerson sticking knives in his Hammond organ to hold down the notes? As they say nowadays, "ASTEEEEEEEEG!"
 :twisted: