hulika

Author Topic: THIRTEENTH STEP - A Perfect Circle  (Read 2934 times)

Offline schizzo

THIRTEENTH STEP - A Perfect Circle
« on: October 04, 2003, 05:26:28 AM »
Im planning to buy it next week. KAso medyo nagdadalawang-isip pa ko kasi gusto ko rin ng Zwan album. eh limitado ang budget ko.. tsk.tsk. problema 'to. Sino nang meron? How was it? Please help me decide. salamat.

:D
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all and see you. so i threw you the obvious to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy. oh well. apparently nothing. you don't see m

Offline Amoch

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 09:24:41 AM »
Get the Zwan album kung mahilig ka sa Smashing Pumpkins. Dream pop ang style dito similar to the CD "Machina". This album proves that si Billy Corgan lang talaga ang Smashing Pumpkins, kase parang walang pinag-iba ang tugtugan, mas melodic lang.

Offline schizzo

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 10:52:58 PM »
Hindi ko na talaga alam! :confused: OK kase reviews ng mga PULPers sa 13th step eh! P455 daw ung cd sa tower magkano ba yung Zwan? baka pedeng next month ko na lang bilhin yung isa! walanjong buhay yan! hirap kasi ng estudyante eh!:(
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all and see you. so i threw you the obvious to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy. oh well. apparently nothing. you don't see m

Offline Dead Star

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 06:36:53 AM »
THIRTEENTH STEP TRACK LISTING:

1. The Package
2. Weak And Powerless
3. The Noose
4. Blue
5. Vanishing
6. A Stranger
7. The Outsider
8. Crimes
9. The Nurse Who Loved Me
10. Pet
11. Lullaby
12. Gravity

I have W&P, The Outsider, Blue in my player.
As far as I can tell, I like Mer de Noms waaay better.
Maybe because hearing the first album blew me away and now I'm stuck with the idea that no album can ever top it off.  I dunno.
[strawberry].JPG[/img]

Offline RADIO RETARD

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 01:53:49 PM »
got their emotive album ang galeng
a aint crazeh juz havin fun

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 09:16:09 AM »
Compared to "Mer De Noms", "Thirteenth Step" is very mellow. There are only about two songs that break into a full crunch riff ("The Outsider", "Pet"). If you like the first single, "Weak And Powerless," you will probably be content with the rest of the album. I found most of the songs built up, much like Tool's songs but just stop short of anything decent, unlike the last APC album. Josh Freese lights it up again on drums, although they sound muffled in some parts. Guitars for 90 percent of the album are clean or acoustic, with very little distorted material. Truly, the guitar work gets boring and repetitive after a few songs.

The lyrics, as usual, MJK's lyrics are deep, and religious based, as you can tell from the title of the album. Although most of the lyrics are alliteration, they are excellent, by far the best part of the album. Without careful thought, the lyrics are not very comprehensive, like most MJK lyrics. Maynard doesn't really have the chance to belt out any parts on the album because of its virtually endless mellowness. He doesn't have a chance to show his true potential, but otherwise, the lyrics are great.

Comparing the second album to the first, the second is bad. It's not just the first is good, the second just doesn't deliver the goods. The guitar work in "13" almost seems repetitive after a while. The best songs on the album are "Weak And Powerless", "The Outsider", and "Pet". Personally I don't love anything about the album. The guitar work is mediocre at best, and after countless songs about religion, Maynard's preachiness gets old. Also, I don't think the album is really worth buying. Get "Mer De Noms" if you haven't already. A mediocre effort at best, from a group with much potential.

Rating: 3/5
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc